Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

Caribbean Beach question

HI Everyone,

I have a question about caribbean beach resort. Does anyone have an e-mail address so I can put in a request for a first floor room? We have a person in our party with a knee issue so we don't want to be on the second level. Also, we are trying to figure out the best location for getting to the food court area/bus stop of the hotel. We were thinking Martinique.

Any advice would be appreciated. I posted this question in the wrong forum last night, sorry!

Thanks!
anniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae View Post
HI Everyone,

I have a question about caribbean beach resort. Does anyone have an e-mail address so I can put in a request for a first floor room? We have a person in our party with a knee issue so we don't want to be on the second level. Also, we are trying to figure out the best location for getting to the food court area/bus stop of the hotel. We were thinking Martinique.

Any advice would be appreciated. I posted this question in the wrong forum last night, sorry!

Thanks!
You can just call CRO and have the request added to your reservation. That's your best bet.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
gabyta
Mouseketeer

Martinique is a great option.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've always called and had the first floor request (for medical reasons) put on the reservation as soon as we book. I then call back about a week prior to arrival and make sure that the request is till noted.

As far as location goes, if you book a standard room, then I'd suggest either a room in Jamaica or a non-preferred room in Martinique (not all buildlings in Martinique are preferred). Our walks from both of those locations to OPR have been about 5 minutes.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
anniemae

Thanks everyone. I will try to find the reservations # and call them. We booked a vacation package and the price included a water view room, not sure where they are, but I know it can be a view of the pool.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
lisam427
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I will try to find the reservations # and call them. We booked a vacation package and the price included a water view room, not sure where they are, but I know it can be a view of the pool.
you might be better off seeing if you can change to a preferred room from a waterview room. i do believe preferred is the same price as waterview, but please double check in case i am mistaken. if you booked preferred, you would be right next to the main pool and food court. thats what we did when we went to cbr in 2010. we were put in martinique 26. it was super close to the food court busstop and main pool. we just loved that location!!! just make sure to tell them you need to be on the first floor.

lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemae
Yes, I would change that to a preferred room, that way you will also be closest to the main building. We stayed there in 2009 and stayed in Martinique which is a preferred location. It was closest to the main building and there was also a bus stop very near by. I would also let them know you need a 1st floor room.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
HI Everyone,

Thanks!
Quote:

First floor for medical reason should be noted on your reservation - call to have this added.

If you have someone with a knee problem and concerned about walking to the food court, I agree with others that a "preferred room" is better than a "waterview" room and it is likely the same cost. You can request a waterview, but make the "preferred" as the primary. Essentially, requests are "ranked" so to speak and 1 will be considered the "primary." You actually have 3 requests here (1st floor, preferred, waterview) but only 2 are booking categories at CBR, so changing the booking category to "preferred" with a request for waterview and notation of first floor due to medical reasons will be your best bet for getting what you want/need. In your situation - you could get a waterview that is at the furthest end of the resort; or reverse the requests and you could get a preferred room (near food court) that is not waterview.

In my experience, since CBR has multiple bus stops (1 for each island), none of the buildings are terribly far from a bus stop.

Enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
anniemae

Thanks everyone! I'll make sure to call tonight and I will ask about the possibility of preferred rooms too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: