Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Cyndy
Pixie Dust Provider
 
Cyndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Indiana
Posts: 303

New Signup Deal Prepaid "Serve" from AMEX

Thanks to Frugal Confessions-Frugal living for passing on the MoneySavingMom
tip for a $50 prepaid debit card for $25. Not only did I get a free $25 matching contribution to the card, but there are no monthly fees, no activation fees, and no maintenance fees involved (unless you use a credit card to fund the $25)!

I have mine...I'll be using it for the special things that I love to surprise my grandkids with on vacation next spring....and I'll have saved it all so no bills when I get home Plus I can load it onto my Passbook and never dig for a card!

Hope it works for you the deal is going on between now and December 31st!
__________________
Cyndy

Cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Free4Life11
DIS Cast Member
I just have to say it one more time...YAGE!
"ba-doinka-a-doink-doink"
 
Free4Life11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 6,702

https://www.serve.com/load25/#
Free4Life11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Cyndy
Pixie Dust Provider
 
Cyndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Indiana
Posts: 303

Thanks!
__________________
Cyndy

Cyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
Free4Life11
DIS Cast Member
I just have to say it one more time...YAGE!
"ba-doinka-a-doink-doink"
 
Free4Life11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 6,702

Thank you for posting about this...I am going to try it out!
Free4Life11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v
 
hsmamato2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,672

is this thru amex? or another company? I am confused.....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v
 
hsmamato2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,672

thanks for the link, did some research,it's an amex company thing...looks like a paypal-like card....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:23 AM   #7
karliebug
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,744

Do most places take this? I wasn't sure if american express is taken as many places as vis? How did you get 3 of them? Are they all in your name? PLease give us a few more details as I would love to do this to give my teens for Christmas.
karliebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #8
runwad
Can someone tell me how to play SPUD?
 
runwad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,616

I just got the card for me, but then I got an email that said once I spent 20 it'd give me 10, did anyone else get that? I've had mine a while and have yet to activate it. I'm going to go do that now. I'm saving it to help pay for christmas dinner.

And to the previous poster, I've never had any problems using American Express in all the same places I'd use M/C & Visa.
runwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran
 
DVC Daisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 905

I got the same email. I have not used my card yet either. I don't think DH got the email though & he has not used his card either.
__________________
DVC Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #10
tinytinkmom
I work to support my vacation habit!
 
tinytinkmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Too far from Disney!
Posts: 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by runwad
I just got the card for me, but then I got an email that said once I spent 20 it'd give me 10, did anyone else get that? I've had mine a while and have yet to activate it. I'm going to go do that now. I'm saving it to help pay for christmas dinner.

And to the previous poster, I've never had any problems using American Express in all the same places I'd use M/C & Visa.
Got that same e-mail... Spent $20+ with my card Tuesday night... By Wednesday night, I had a $10 credit to my account!
__________________
WDW Offsite---August 1990 * Offsite---May 2003 * FW---May 2007 * POP---Jan 2009 * POP---March 2012 * POFQ---Dec 2012 DL Too many times to count! DCL Western---May 2007 * Eastern---Jan 2008 * MR---March 2011 * Double-Dip---March 2012 * Eastern---Dec 2012

Check out my blog: www.springintodisney.blogspot.com



tinytinkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran
 
DVC Daisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytinkmom View Post
Got that same e-mail... Spent $20+ with my card Tuesday night... By Wednesday night, I had a $10 credit to my account!
NICE! Glad to know it is legit. Now I need to spend $20
__________________
DVC Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
HouseofMinnie
Earning My Ears
 
HouseofMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gulf Coast, Alabama
Posts: 54

I got my card yesterday!! It took 3 business days to get it.
HouseofMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.
 
ExPirateShopGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SAN BOS MCW
Posts: 5,042

I had my kids (and me!) sign up for these so I can transfer money to them quickly if necessary. There is an iphone app to facilitate sending, receiving and loading funds. Great idea as long as fees don't apply.
__________________
ExPirateShopGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
DVC Daisy
DIS Veteran
 
DVC Daisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPirateShopGirl View Post
I had my kids (and me!) sign up for these so I can transfer money to them quickly if necessary. There is an iphone app to facilitate sending, receiving and loading funds. Great idea as long as fees don't apply.
Has anybody else had problems getting their card "verified"? It says that there is not a credit check, however they do apparently pull a Trans Union report for verification. I signed up for one for my son, who is away at college & it has been a week now & they still have his card in "verification" mode. I want to fund it!

On another note - it also kinda irks me to find out now that I did get a hard pull (as well as DH) on my credit report in order to get ours. Not that it really matters, our credit is stellar, but we did just open 2 Southwest Visas as well for the miles & so we now have 2 hard pulls each on our credit reports, which is something that never happens with us.

Guess I just wanted to vent & see if anyone else had a problem with getting a card for their kid.

__________________
DVC Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
ExPirateShopGirl
My posts are sanitized for your protection!
Oh, sorry. The dog just peed on it.
 
ExPirateShopGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SAN BOS MCW
Posts: 5,042

I haven't looked at my credit report but neither of my kids had issues getting theirs. They both already have established credit, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Daisy View Post
Has anybody else had problems getting their card "verified"? It says that there is not a credit check, however they do apparently pull a Trans Union report for verification. I signed up for one for my son, who is away at college & it has been a week now & they still have his card in "verification" mode. I want to fund it!

On another note - it also kinda irks me to find out now that I did get a hard pull (as well as DH) on my credit report in order to get ours. Not that it really matters, our credit is stellar, but we did just open 2 Southwest Visas as well for the miles & so we now have 2 hard pulls each on our credit reports, which is something that never happens with us.

Guess I just wanted to vent & see if anyone else had a problem with getting a card for their kid.

__________________
ExPirateShopGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.