Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
2BusyPlanning
DIS Veteran

Place to enter a celebration?

Hi, all! I just made a reservation through a TA and didn't mention we have two celebrations while on board. Is there a place to add these in the online check in process or in 'My Reservations'? I can always contact my TA later, but didn't know if I could do this myself. Thanks in advance, you're the best!

Next Trip:
September 20, 2014
DCL - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean - AGAIN!
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1374528876126214/

1st DCL cruise: Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, September 21-28, 2013 - My Blog
2BusyPlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BusyPlanning View Post
Hi, all! I just made a reservation through a TA and didn't mention we have two celebrations while on board. Is there a place to add these in the online check in process or in 'My Reservations'? I can always contact my TA later, but didn't know if I could do this myself. Thanks in advance, you're the best!
Not sure why it would be necessary to mention your celebrations on your reservation. We celebrated my birthday on a cruise last year, and DH told the waiters at dinner and they gave me a birthday button and a cake. i don't know that DCL does anything more than that (unless you order something and pay $$$ for it.) BTW, the cake didn't taste all that great, (and a lot of people here on the DIS share that opinion) but it was topped with a white chocolate scroll with a picture of the Wonder in darker chocolate on it.

When you first get on board, your family will be "announced." Similar to guests being announced at a royal ball? Anyway, when a CM asks for your name, you could hand them a card to tell them what to announce -- "the XXX family, celebrating XXX and XXX."
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Not sure why it would be necessary to mention your celebrations on your reservation. We celebrated my birthday on a cruise last year, and DH told the waiters at dinner and they gave me a birthday button and a cake. i don't know that DCL does anything more than that (unless you order something and pay $$$ for it.)
I had my DH's birthday noted on our reservation and our stateroom host made a birthday cake out of towels.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
AFAIK, the question about whether you are celebrating anything is only on the reservation page when you make the your initial reservation.

You (or the TA, maybe) could call DCL and have it noted on your reservation now.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
deepakwa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You can use "Contact us" on disneycruise.com. You will get an email back in couple of days confirming that celebrations have been noted on your reservation.
deepakwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
2BusyPlanning
DIS Veteran

Thank you!

Next Trip:
September 20, 2014
DCL - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean - AGAIN!
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1374528876126214/

1st DCL cruise: Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, September 21-28, 2013 - My Blog
2BusyPlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
samily
DIS Veteran

You can add it yourself by logging into your reservation on the DCL site:

Click "Reservation Summary"
Click "Modify"
Click "Special Requests"

You can add celebrations, bedrail requests, and certain dietary requests here.
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: