Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
readynow
Earning My Ears

AP Discount for Discovery Cove in May?

Can anyone tell me if there is an SW APH discount for DC in May? - we are planning on May 11 but could do the 9 or 10 if it varies. Trying to decide if I should purchase. thanks! Happy Friday!
readynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

I just looked it up for you .

Regular price for a dolphin swim admission is $259 on your dates. Day resort admission (no dolphin swim) is $159. These regular rates include 14 days admission to Aquatica and SeaWorld which can be used before or after (or a combination thereof) your Discovery Cove day.

May 9, 10 and 11 are all listed at the same price.

Passholder admission is $209 for the dolphin swim and $119 for the day resort only (no dolphin swim) on the same dates. Passholder discounted rates don't include SeaWorld and Aquatica admission, plus would require the purchase of an annual pass to another SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment park (if you don't already have one).

Hope that helps!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
readynow
Earning My Ears

Thank you

That is exactly what I needed, thanks Gina. doing some quick math it is fairly flat for my family of three for just DC visit. If we want to go to SW for a day, which I think we will, paying the full ride is better. We are not local so no longer term benefits to having the pass (unless we figure out a way to get back within the year!) Any additional purchases or cabana discounts might swing it a little. Anyway, thanks again!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by readynow View Post
That is exactly what I needed, thanks Gina. doing some quick math it is fairly flat for my family of three for just DC visit. If we want to go to SW for a day, which I think we will, paying the full ride is better. We are not local so no longer term benefits to having the pass (unless we figure out a way to get back within the year!) Any additional purchases or cabana discounts might swing it a little. Anyway, thanks again!
You are most welcome. The AP discount definitely helps larger families more than small ones (as a family of three ourselves, we can totally relate).

If you buy your admissions at full price, you will be paying $259 x 3 = $777.

Admission at the passholder discount would be $209 x 3 + $119 for the annual pass = $746.

So for $31, you would get 14 days admission to SeaWorld and Aquatica for 3 people. A mighty fine deal, considering ONE day at SeaWorld for one adult is $75.

DC admission with the AP discount is much higher as of January 1st. A non-swim admission with the discount up to the end of December is just $69 pp. As of January 1st, there are no days under $109. A definite increase!!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
readynow
Earning My Ears

is that a reflection of an overall approach for 2013 do you think? or do you think they might decrease at some point? thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by readynow View Post
is that a reflection of an overall approach for 2013 do you think? or do you think they might decrease at some point? thanks!
I was wondering the same thing! We have done DC the last 3 years in March with the discount for resort day @ $69. Went to book this year and it is the $129 or $139 for the dates I am looking at. Going to the passport site and going through it, it does state that the prices of $69 and $169 are through Dec 2012. I am hoping that come Jan it will be those prices for 2013 ($69 or $169) fingers crossed anyhow. I will probably be letting my annual pass go if the prices are higher. I guess we will wait and see!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: