Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Harrods Disney Boutique

Did anyone else get ths email...?!!

"This Christmas Harrods will celebrate a glamorous collaboration with Disney - as the store gets ready to dazzle visitors with a host of exciting activities!

Experience a magical Princess boutique, bespoke products of your favourite Disney characters, in-store entertainment and much, much more, with magical events for the whole family

The fun begins as a one-off Disney boutique opens, marking the launch of a series of exciting joint activities between Disney and Harrods! Featuring an array of products, including unique collectables and show-stopping dress-up pieces featuring Disney Princess, Mickey, Minnie, Cars and Toy Story, you can be sure to find something extra special throughout the festive period*

For a truly royal treatment, the Disney Princess boutique will offer iconic dress-up that captures the magic of Disney Princesses. You can also get photo mementoes, and discover the beautiful enchanted Castle, where you can purchase replica limited-edition, glitter-embellished Cinderella glass slippers for adults and children!**

Look out for more information about other exciting Harrods and Disney celebratory activities rolling out over the next few weeks, including the reveal of a set of stunning Christmas window displays showcasing Disney Princess inspired dresses created by world-leading designers"

Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
megarasweet
Mouseketeer

Oh how magical! I get excited enough about Christmas window displays - this has just made them ten times as exciting! The 'enchanted castle' sounds amazing. I can't wait to see what else they have in store!
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Corrineee
Mouseketeer

yes I got it too! can't seem to find when it starts tho! am I being dim ? x
....flights & accom booked, now planning Orlando and Antigua Dec 2014!
Corrineee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
netimka
DIS Veteran

was going to post it as well... ... some pictures from facebook, hope you can see them even those without account...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...levant_count=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

EDIT:it will be open next Tuesday...

Harrods department store in London will open a Disney Magic pop-up boutique for children on October 15, to stay open right through Christmas until New Year 2013.

Last edited by netimka; 10-11-2012 at 03:34 PM.
netimka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
netimka
DIS Veteran

Good read on this new disney development:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...rate-Christmas

Knightsbridge store set to celebrate Disney’s iconic Princesses with top designer collaborations

LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Harrods is delighted to announce an exciting collaboration with Disney – the world’s leading family entertainment brand – as the luxury store puts plans in place to showcase a glamorous take on Disney’s fairytale Princesses this Christmas.

“We are thrilled to be working with Harrods and some of the world’s most famous designers to sprinkle some magic on Christmas in London this year. The enchanting stories of our Disney Princesses are timeless and continue to inspire girls and women across generations.”

Celebrations will get underway in November when the store will unveil an extravagant set of window displays showcasing dresses created by world-leading designers, including Oscar de la Renta, Versace and Elie Saab – each with a unique interpretation of the original Disney Princess dresses.

Inspired by the individual stories of the Disney Princesses, Harrods will pay tribute to each of them – Ariel, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Mulan, Pocahontas, Rapunzel, Snow White and Tiana – with a host of exciting in-store events and promotions.

A one-off 7,000 square foot dedicated Disney area, located on the Fourth Floor, will house a Disney Princess pop-up boutique and a broad range of Disney products, including bespoke and limited-edition items, which will be available to purchase throughout the festive period*. Cinderella will receive a particular spotlight as part of Disney’s celebration of the global high definition launch of the animated classic masterpiece “Cinderella” Diamond Edition on Bluray this autumn.

Mark Briggs, Store Image Director at Harrods, said: “Each year we strive to deliver a Christmas theme that will inspire and enthrall our customers. Collaborating with Disney this year is an exciting prospect for the store, as it allows us to combine luxury and fashion with fantasy and nostalgia to execute a show-stopping Christmas”

Anna Hill, Chief Marketing Officer, The Walt Disney Company UK & Ireland added: “We are thrilled to be working with Harrods and some of the world’s most famous designers to sprinkle some magic on Christmas in London this year. The enchanting stories of our Disney Princesses are timeless and continue to inspire girls and women across generations.”

*Or until stock lasts
Old 10-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Mum to Belle

I took DD to London in August and now I'm going to want to go back again!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Sounds great!

Not going to London anytime soon though...

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
netimka
DIS Veteran

glad i have a boy... *** dont want to know how much are these princess shoes by Blahnik ;-) even shareholders discount wont help... plus we might not be able to use it there...

http://inagist.com/all/255633030700482561/
Old 10-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
tinks_1989
need a like button

We are just looking at when and if we can go hopefully 17th November so excited x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #10
netimka
DIS Veteran

i'm very exited as well... we have Harrods Christmas Grotto booked for the 26th Nov so this news is extra bonus...its Monday so probably not extra activities going on but still cannot wait...
Old 10-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
Gwendolen
Mouseketeer

I love harrods grotto,
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #12
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Exciting!! Will be booking Santa's grotto at Harrods now. DH will go spare!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Is it wrong that I am now trying to talk hubby into driving me, my mam, my gran and Rosebug down for the day for mam's 60th. After the year mam has had I think she deserves being treated to a day at Harrods! Her favourite shop! (this is the line I am taking...!)
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel* Disneyland Paris February 2015 *The Disneyland Hotel*

RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
Mum to Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBug
Is it wrong that I am now trying to talk hubby into driving me, my mam, my gran and Rosebug down for the day for mam's 60th. After the year mam has had I think she deserves being treated to a day at Harrods! Her favourite shop! (this is the line I am taking...!)
Sounds like a great idea to me!!!!! :-)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #15
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for this info, we will be in London on the 15th December - so excited!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: