Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Bed question

The cruise I'm looking into is on the Disney Wonder and the description says pull out sofa and the pull down bed. But I looked at the pics and the 360 views and don't see where the pull out bed would be. Do all the cabins in such a category have both? Thanks!
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

I will say cabins with the MOST beds, such as a Cat 4A will have beds for 5 people. In those cabins there is a double/queen for the 2 adults in theory. A sofa/single, a bed that pulls out of ceiling, and a murphy bed that pulls out off wall. Having said that the pull out bed you speak of could be in the ceiling. Not all cabins have the ceiling bed. Not all cabins have the murphy/wall bed. For some reason DCL feels the need to keep this info in house. Call them or your TA to figure out what beds are in what room. Of course if you are on the DCL site and in the booking process and input 4 people, the site will obviously only give you cabins with 4 beds. However it's difficult to know whether that fourth bed is a ceiling or a murphy. Actually I think on the Magic class it is a bit easier to figure out compared to Dream class.

Not sure if that helps now that I actually read my post.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
eyesing4u
DVC Member

If you are looking at the category that states Murphy bed, it is located in the wall between the sofa and the verandah. Those staterooms sleep 5 as there is a convertible sofa and a bed that drops down from the ceiling as well. That being said you may want to look into getting 2 connecting staterooms as that is often less expensive and you get the benefit of the extra space and bathrooms.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

The pull down bunk comes out of the ceiling. I had the same question on our first cruise and was amazed when the bunk showed up the first night.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

If the stateroom category had "suite" or "bedroom" in the title, many can sleep more then four, depends on the category and each has a different configuration between queen beds, murphy beds, pull down bunks, and sofas.

If the stateroom category has "family" in the title it likely sleeps five with a queen bed, a sofa that folds down into a twin, a bunk that pulls down from the ceiling and a murphy bed.

The rest of the categories (i.e. the ones WITHOUT family, bedroom, or suite in the title) sleep either 3 or 4 with a queen bed, a sofa that folds down into a twin and/or a pull down bunk.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

In a regular room (not suite) that sleeps 4, the bunk comes down from the ceiling. ALL rooms on the Magic and Wonder that sleep 4 have this feature. If you are looking at a cat 4 on the classic ships, the 5th bed will be the murphy bed that folds down from the wall.

Suites are a different animal. Things are not quite this simple on the new ships.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Thanks all! The one I'm looking at sleeps 5. I'm asking because we're a family of 5but I want to also make sure there's room for us all in 1 cabin. I've priced it together and staying in 2 cabins but it's cheaper to be in 1. Still trying to talk hubby into this, lol. He loves the idea of our own verandah....so I'll keep throwing that into EVERY conversation, lol.
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: