Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

Conflicting info about crowds on party nights (MNSSHP and MVMCP)

It seems like in most reports I read about party nights, the reporter stays until at or near the end of the party (I hardly ever read any reports where someone says they left right after Wishes).

Yet, those same reports usally state that the crowds thin out dramatically after Wishes. How can so many people be leaving right after Wishes, when almost all party night reports describe staying much later than that?

I figure it's got to be one of two things:

A. The vast majority of party-goers (at least 75-80%) stay until well past Wishes. But losing the 25% or less that leave after Wishes makes the party seem a lot less crowded.

B. A significant number of party-goers (well over 25%, maybe at least a third or more) leave right after Wishes. However, party reports are disproportionally written by Disney fanatics who are more likely to stay until the end (hence the relative infrequency of party reports from people leaving early).

So party veterans, which is it, A or B?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
steeners81
Mouseketeer

I would say a little bit of both but mostly B
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonmj84 View Post
it seems like in most reports i read about party nights, the reporter stays until at or near the end of the party (i hardly ever read any reports where someone says they left right after wishes).

Yet, those same reports usally state that the crowds thin out dramatically after wishes. How can so many people be leaving right after wishes, when almost all party night reports describe staying much later than that?

I figure it's got to be one of two things:

A. The vast majority of party-goers (at least 75-80%) stay until well past wishes. But losing the 25% or less that leave after wishes makes the party seem a lot less crowded.

B. A significant number of party-goers (well over 25%, maybe at least a third or more) leave right after wishes. However, party reports are disproportionally written by disney fanatics who are more likely to stay until the end (hence the relative infrequency of party reports from people leaving early).

So party veterans, which is it, a or b?
b.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
ladybug0506
Earning My Ears

I would say B as well. DH and I attended our first party - MVMCP - in Dec 2009. We didn't have any kids at the time and we noticed a dramatic dropoff in crowd levels right after Wishes. We also noticed during wishes an extremely high number of little ones had fallen asleep and as a result all those parents left to put said little ones to bed immediately following Wishes leaving the park feeling very open feeling
ladybug0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

B. Definitely B.

I read in the Unofficial Guide once that a ridiculously small percentage of guests at WDW have read any guidebook at all or done any significant research. Something like 3-4% of guests at any one time.

I think of all the people I talk to that have been to WDW and when I ask them about attractons or experiences, they didn't know about them or didn't do them because "Disney is too crowded" or "it was boring". Being in the parks and hearing people complain that they didn't know they had to have dining reservations, or tell their kids FP "costs too much" just makes me more glad I am a planner.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
DisLis
Mouseketeer

I vote for B.
DisLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I think it really depends on the overall crowd level.

Lose a chunk of a small crowd and it will seem empty after the second parade. Lose a chunk of a sold out or heavily attended party night and it will not seem like anyone has left. I have been at both kinds. There's a marked difference.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Every time I have been to MK in my adult life, I have only gone on nights it's open until midnight, or on nights when there are extra magic hours and it's open until 2-3am. I have ALWAYS found that the crowds thins significantly after Wishes and the park becomes virtually empty after the second parade. So I guess my point is that I can tell when a crowd thins out.

I went to a party the first time this past week, and found there was barely any thinning after the fireworks and even after the second parade. I am sure most people felt like I did; they wanted to get their money's worth and stayed. If the party only runs from 7-midnight, I am sure most people entered around 7 and rallied until the very end. I cannot see many people paying that kind of money and leaving at 10.

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: