Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
Plumeria9
DIS Veteran

Question Need info on Carsland rides

Hi, I just found out we are going to be able to go to DLR in early January. Yay! Haven't been in four years. Lots of new stuff, including a whole new land. I see that Carsland only has three rides. My kids are ages 8 1/2 and 11/ 1/2, both girls. We all love Cars and want to see Carsland, I just don't know if we have to wait in line for all three of these rides or what the age interest level is on say, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. My DH said that he thought Radiator Springs Racers was for older kids, but honestly I haven't turned up any solid information on any of the rides except the flying tire one. I just want to know if there is an hour long wait, is it worth the wait, or should we just take a good look and move on. And, if there is any other info you have for people who haven't been in four years, but used to go there all the time (lived 30 mins. away), that would be helpful too! Thanks in advance!
POR 6/2014 • DLR 1/13 • CBR 1/2011 • Off-Site WDW 3/09 • Good Neighbor hotel @ DLR 1/09 • Poly 1/07• Honeymoon @ CBR 4/92 • Native Disneylander "Take what you can get, and give nothing back!""If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" - Thumper
Plumeria9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
ShaunaM
DIS Veteran

We were there last week......

...my kids are dd 13 , ds 11 and dd8 1/2...they all love radio springs but did not love it enough to do standby so we opted for single rider when we had no fast passes.

DS thought th concept of flying tires was cool, but we all found it a bit underwhelming.

Everyone enjoyed junkyard but agreed that no more than 20 minutes to wait after that it is simply to short a ride to bother.
Disneyland , Seaworld & Legoland February 2010
Disneyland February 2011
Disneyland September / October 2012
Disneyland February 2014
ShaunaM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
kirstie101
DIS Veteran

We went with a pretty large group a few weeks ago. Every loved RSR and agree'd it was worth the hour and 15 minute wait. DD is 5.5 and she loved Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. She rode it 4 times when the wait was about 15 minutes or less. All of us who rode it with her had fun too. Pretty fun ride. We never went on Luigis cause the line was never 30 minutes or less and it just didnt appeal to anyone in our group at the time.

Kirsten
kirstie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

We had a group ranging from 2-60something, we all enjoyed CarsLand very much. RSR is great for all who are tall enough. We did SR line with our group but we didn't go with the little kids, the kids we took on the ride were 12 and 16.
I haven't done the Flying Tires, we didn't feel like the hour long wait so we skipped it. Tow Mater's ride cracks me up....I laugh so hard on that ride, the swinging around, the songs, the whole thing just kills me.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie101 View Post
We went with a pretty large group a few weeks ago. Every loved RSR and agree'd it was worth the hour and 15 minute wait. DD is 5.5 and she loved Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. She rode it 4 times when the wait was about 15 minutes or less. All of us who rode it with her had fun too. Pretty fun ride. We never went on Luigis cause the line was never 30 minutes or less and it just didnt appeal to anyone in our group at the time.
Wow! Four times! You're lucky the waits were pretty short. I liked the ride, but that music, esp if doing it four times, would drive me nuts!
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
pharmama
DIS Veteran

I didn't go on RSR because my DD wasn't quite tall enough so I can't comment on that one, but for the other two, I'd say the feedback you've received so far is spot on. We only rode Mater's and Luigi's one time each because of the lines. I thought Mater's was fun- DD (3yo) AND I both laughed the whole time- but not worth more than 20 min or so wait. The stuff in the queue is great (especially if you're up on your Cars/Mater Pixar shorts ) but you can only stare at it for so long.

For Luigi's I also would not wait more than 20-30 though seeing a wait that low is unlikely. I also really enjoyed the theming in the queue for Luigis (at least the first part while you're in his shop). The ride itself was ok...I enjoyed trying to see how fast we could go if we got a clear path but its easy to get trapped by other people. I found the loading/unloading to be maddeningly slow since pretty much every go 'round when we were there included a GAC party. For this, the whole ride exits, then they restart the air, a CM goes out and retrieves the GAC tire, puts it in the special corral etc. It just seemed to take forever. This is not a knock on GAC folks, more a knock on Disney for not finding a better solution for this.

Disneyland many times as a child, now sharing the magic with my children....
Disneyland 5K 2014 (as Lilo & DD9 as Stitch), Disneyland 10K 2014 (dressed as Jessie)
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2009 & 2010 (dressed as Jessie)
Disney Dream 5nt Double Dip, July 2012.
pharmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Plumeria9
DIS Veteran

Talking

Great info, thanks everybody!
POR 6/2014 • DLR 1/13 • CBR 1/2011 • Off-Site WDW 3/09 • Good Neighbor hotel @ DLR 1/09 • Poly 1/07• Honeymoon @ CBR 4/92 • Native Disneylander "Take what you can get, and give nothing back!""If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all" - Thumper
Plumeria9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
marcemc
I wouldn't be able to handle such fluffliness either

I wouldn't wait for an hour for neither Luigi's nor Matter's. Because of your kids' ages and the fact that you haven't been at the parks in 4 years, my guess is that they will be more interested in RSR and other exciting rides like Star Tours, ToT, Indiana Jones, etc.

With that said, everything is cute at Carsland, so if you have the chance and the lines don't look to long, try every ride once and experience for yourself how much you like them (or not)
Old 10-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

We are in Carsland right know. Still haven't rode RSR. Mater's is fun, but not worth more than a 20 minute wait. Luigi's does not look fun at all, especially with a 40 minute wait, so we skipped it.

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
OneoftheMels
Wearing My Ears

Just had my first visit to Carsland. RSR was very good but I don't know if I would have thought standby was worth it (75 min). I did Single Rider and the rest of our group did FP and child swap.....it as probably about a 35 min wait.

Maters was fun and the line was only about 10-15 minutes. It's cute and silly. My 2 year old daughter loved this ride.

Luigis was about 35 min. Nothing special, and it was an okay wait time to do it once and for the first time. I probably wouldn't do it again unless it was 15-20 min.

Food at Flo's was good. Try and catch the Neon light up. It happened on our first night there and was pretty special.

Have fun!
OneoftheMels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
kauaimickey88
Earning My Ears

Just got back and we totally loved Carsland especially RSR. We did FP for the three days we were there and enjoyed every minute of it. We hit the FP line as soon as the park opened. Return times varied from 1130a-230p. My whole family can't stop talking about it. We didn't do stanby but thought it was worth a 1.5 hour wait.

We also loved MJYJ....rode it 3 times but wouldn't wait more the 30 minutes.

I didn't ride LFT but the wife and kids did it while I was in line for FP's one morning....they liked it but didn't think it was worth doing again.
kauaimickey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
Aust
DIS Veteran

Our whole family from the kids (3, 8 and 11) and the adults loved Radiator Springs Racers. However we wouldn't have waited an hour or more to ride it - we rode it 5 times over our 2 week trip, 3 times during early entry and twice using fastpass. I would line up in the fastpass queue about 10 minutes before normal park opening time (we saw people lining up right at the start of EE but I didn't think that was necessary, as I'd get to the front of the line in about 10 minutes after normal park opening anyway). So I'd advise getting in the fastpass queue as your top priority.

Mater's was fun but I wouldn't wait more than 15 minutes. The line seemed to vary a lot during the day, ti was luck of the draw really.

Same with Luigi's.

We really enjoyed the food at Flo's as well as the view from outside, and the shops/merchandise were great.
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor
We are in Carsland right know. Still haven't rode RSR. Mater's is fun, but not worth more than a 20 minute wait. Luigi's does not look fun at all, especially with a 40 minute wait, so we skipped it.
I forgot to add that we are 16 and 48 years old.

Also, we stopped at Cozy Cone Motel. Chedder Bacon popcorn wasn't very good, but we really liked the Chicken Verde and Chili Con Queso!

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: