Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
lalasmama
DIS Veteran

PhotoPass+ for 3 days?

SO and I are taking DD to DLR in Feb.

With all the PP+ talk since it came to DLR, I'm wondering if it's something we should do this time.

Some quick information so your opinion can be well-informed:

SO and I are "camera people" and will have a Flip dvr, a regular digital camera, and his iphone, so plenty of picture-taking capabilities, which makes me think we won't need anyone else taking pictures of DD....

I'm kind of wondering if something "special" is going to be happening on this trip, which would be awesome to have captured by someone else, so that we have photo memories.

I'd love to have pictures with the 3 of us, which makes me think we should do it.

We'll be doing lots of rides, so lots of ride pictures. But we don't usually buy ride photos, so it's not like I can say, "Oh, we usually do 4 ride photos at $15 each would pay for the PP+!"

We'll be attending one character meal. Last year, we didn't buy pictures from our Minnie breakfast, and wouldn't this trip either, but since they come free with the PP+....

So, in our place, would you go for the PP+? Why or why not?
Next trip: Solo in February 2015, Family in May 2015!
lalasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
Ancient Purple
Earning My Ears

I would purchase it. As you noted, the rides and the character meals would more than pay for it.

Plus, there are a good number of Disney photographers around who can take photos and they will be added to your account.

$69.95 is a steal for what is offered.
Ancient Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We have purchased ONE ride photo in our disney fan careers, and it was at WDW, and was only purchased because, well, I don't know why we bought it.

We bought ONE package of meal photos, and again it was at WDW, mainly for the actual folder it comes in because it has recipes on it.

Other than that, we barely even look at the photos.

but we bought PP+ and liked it. It was really neat to have those pictures, and the two meal packages we got (one of them is a fabulous pic of me, which I have not said in almost 10 years) were really good to have.

If you guys like having pix taken of yourselves, or are in the mood for some fun pictures of your daughter if you won't be in them, why not do it? Make sure everyone's sparkly and lovely, and take advantage of it! For 3 days it might even be better, because you won't get the beaten-down look we got at the end of our 8 days, LOL.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
pharmama
DIS Veteran

I did PP+ for our recent visit and it more than paid for itself for our 2 character meals. My DD loved getting the photos at those. We didn't take advantage of the ride photos because DD is too short to go on any rides where photos are taken.

I was surprised, though, to find that I really enjoyed adding all the borders and decorations on the PP website after the fact. You can save lots of different versions of each photo with various borders etc and will still get them all on the CD/download thats included with the PP+.

All that said, I don't know if I would justify purchasing PP+ based on 'something special' possibly happening on this trip. The chances of that thing happening with a PP photographer handy to capture it seems small to me.... (but either way- I hope it happens for you! )

Disneyland many times as a child, now sharing the magic with my children....
Disneyland 5K 2014 (as Lilo & DD9 as Stitch), Disneyland 10K 2014 (dressed as Jessie)
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2009 & 2010 (dressed as Jessie)
Disney Dream 5nt Double Dip, July 2012.
pharmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
princesscinderella
Mouseketeer

I would do it. We just got back and after 4 days in the parks we had 126 pics on our photo pass + card. Some of the photographers will do trick shots which are neat. We had two done where it looked like my hubby was holding a bunch of Mickey balloons and another where tinker bell was standing in my daughters hand. Not sure if they have other ones as those were the only two we got.
Disney Dream cruise on 7/29/2011, 1/26/12, 7/21/13
Disney Fantasy on 7/28/12 and 3/30/2013
Epocot F&W 1/2 marathon 2012
Aulani 6/13
princesscinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
profa
Mouseketeer

We had 3 days in the park this summer. I purchased this right when it came out and loved it. I am a bargain vacationer but I found this worth it. We got tons of ride photos - RSR is a fun one to have. And you get them every single time so eventually one turns out right? Also we had a meal planned so it was cool to have those pix and having the PP+ was part of the reason I decided to do Ariel's Grotto w/ DD4 - since the pics were already paid for. I found the price well worth it and we had similar experience to the poster above me.
profa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:23 PM   #7
DarthMole
DIS Veteran

I don't see it as an issue of you not buying ride photos or character meal photos without the PP+. We would probably never get a ride photo on it's own. However, since we had the PP+, we got many ride photos this trip and to be honest, of the 4-5 trip pics we have around the house, all but one are from rides. The other one... a character breakfast photo.

Sure, we took a bunch of pics on our own too but the ones that include all of us are more special and the DL photographers have good cameras, good flashes, and generally know what they are doing.

I had to talk my wife into it before we left. After the first day back in the room she was online looking at the pics and thanked me for talking her into it.
DarthMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Get it! Also, there's a CA PP share group on Facebook too and I've seen them share PP+ too!
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: