Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
SeptBabyMom
Mouseketeer

Outlet Shopping

I'm wondering if I can expect to see winter and/or warmer clothes in the outlet stores in November. My previous visits to Orlando have been in April, May and September. During these times, I find there is mostly summer clothes available.

I live in Newfoundland, Canada... a very 'winterful' place to live. I was hoping to hit some good deals on winter coats, hats, etc.... Just curious what to expect.

Thanks.
SeptBabyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We are another Canadian family and love the outlet shopping in Florida.

We found many light jackets, sweatshirts, hoodies, jeans, sweatpants, etc. on our two recent trips (January and August), but not so much in the line of winter outdoor clothing (coats, hats, boots, etc.). I am guessing that Floriday simply has no need for such things (lucky ducks). We did see winter hats being sold at Magic Kingdom on our January 2009 trip, but for the most part, you will have to get your warm and fuzzies from home .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
SeptBabyMom
Mouseketeer

Hi,

Thanks (my fellow Canadian, )

This is actually how I figured it would be. On one hand I was hoping to be able to find winter clothes, on the other I may need to buy shorts and bathing suits. Ha ha!

Now is the time to stock up on winter gear here, before the pickings become too slim. I guess I better get out and get a few necessitites.

Thanks again.
SeptBabyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Actually one of our favorite hidden secrets - if you like Columbia, their Outlet at Premium on Vineland has winter outdoor gear, and the prices are usually amazing - I think they knock it down further because they move so little of it. This is March break trip for us (always), so not sure about other months. For comparison though, if you've been to a Columbia outlet in Canada, the winter section is maybe 1/4 the size in Orlando.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
disneyshan
Mouseketeer

I'm also from Canada (Halifax now, but Ottawa for years and years!) I've been to the Columbia Outlet on Vineland in December and January and both times have picked up winter jackets and snowpants for me and the children! Dirt cheap. Like 60$ for a down filled winter jacket and women's snow pants... combined... And, we've picked up children's snowsuits for 20$! I've also purchased hats, mitts and fleece sweaters for next to nothing.

February 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort (first Disney Vacation at 27!); December 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 months pregnant with DS); January 2011 - POP (Mom and Me trip) ; May 2011 - AsSP (DS's first steps on his first Disney Vacation at 13 months); January 2012 - POFQ (5 months pregnant with DS#2) Cancelled due to Illness Booo!; April 2013 - First Trip with two children! Offsite (Hilton Grand Vacations Seaworld); April 2014 - Split stay. AKL and Offsite (HGVS);
disneyshan is offline   Reply With Quote