DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Roveer
Mouseketeer

Seasoned Dis family of 6 coming to SSR, but we have questions...

We've been going to WDW for the past 14 years and have mostly stayed Poly, GF, BLT, YC, BC. This year we planned our trip very much last minute and will do a split stay SSR and Poly (3 nights each). We have always wanted to stay in the tree house villas. Right now we have a 2 bedroom villa and I believe the cost is the same for either. We are a family of 6, 2 adults and 4 kids 14,11,8 & 6.

We will be at Poly on the 2nd part of our stay, so we will get some good "resort fun".

We are thinking THV are too far away from everything for such a short stay. How far from main SSR Pool? (2 bridges?) Then again, we will arrive Nov 3rd and were not sure how the weather will be for the pools. Hopefully it will be warm.

Can anyone lend their advice as to whether we should stick with SSR or consider THV.

My decision would go something like this. SSR wants to give us a room in one of the far away buildings so maybe it's just worth going to THV and having a good time. If the weather is not great, that would make the decision even more tilted to THV. If we could get a room close to the main pool, then it would lean towards SSR.

My thinking has always been THV when we have one of our 1.5 week+ split stays, but if I'm going to be far away at SSR then maybe we just go for it. Remember, we'll have Poly in 3 short nights.

Fire away. This is all new territory for us, and I'm sure we'll enjoy either one, but would like to hear what others have to say.

Thanks a bunch.

Last edited by Roveer; 10-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Roveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

No king sized bed in the THV. The master bedroom only has a queen sized bed. The bedrooms are rather small. The third bedroom has bunkbeds which may be just right for your family or too small.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
amym2
DIS Veteran

We're staying in the THV later this month for the first time. Yes, this year the points are the same, but next year the THV will be more than the 2-bedroom. So we decided now was the time to give the THV a try.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
amym2
DIS Veteran

And if you are thinking about the THV for this year, I doubt you'll be able to get 3 consecutive nights. You could always waitlist, but they are very popular.
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: