Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Natick MA

Parents weekend coming up - and the closest reasonable I can get to Boston is a hotel in Natick.

I was thinking I could park at Riverside and T it into the city.

BUT The ? Is this a safe area for me? And is there any great shopping in the area? For teenage son- I am guessing it'll be cheaper out there vs. in Boston. But where to go?
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Natick is about 30 - 40 minute drive in to Boston. It is a safe area and there is the Natick Mall. It is close to Framingham which also has shopping malls. The MBTA is as safe as any major city.
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
SueInBoston
DIS Veteran

Natick is a fine town, I have many friends living there. In fact Natick Mall is where I go when I need to do mall shopping. If you want to PM me the hotel, I can probably tell you more about it. Given Natick is close to Route 9, I would suggest that you drive all the way into Brookline/Boston, If I remember correctly, you son is at a school near Fenway? If you are visiting on a weekend, you can easily park at Beaconsfield, Brookline Hills, Brookline VIllage, or Longwood..hop on the T and be at Fenway in 10 mins.
SueInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
java
I'm the mean wife

Booked! Thanks!

So which lots have the best chance of spots? I don't remember Brookline having a lot? Or is it just street parking and I have to get lucky? EXCITED! Love Boston!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
JESW
We have 4 cats, 1 anole lizard, and 10, yes, 10 birds - 2 cockatiels and 8 parakeets, but still no partridge in a pear tree
It just craps me up!

I grew up in Natick

It is a very safe town. Where do you have to go in Boston? There is a train station in Natick so you might want to check out the MBTA map and schedule.

Jill

Still thinking about plans for 2015....
JESW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
java
I'm the mean wife

My son goes to school near Fenway- He'll probably stay with me for the night. So I am thinking shopping out in Natick Saturday and then fun in Boston on Sunday. (BRUNCH is a must do! nobody does brunch like Boston imho!)

Any restaurant suggestions near Natick - I saw all the chains at the Mall and we like PF Changs, but if there is something must do nearby I'd rather try a local place!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Im in Natick! I was shocked to see my town as a thread title on the DIS haha. Depending on what type of food/what area you'd like to eat in, I can give you some suggestions Rt 9 is the main drag that cuts Natick in half and it has all the shopping. Kelly's Roast Beef is one of the better food places along Rt 9, there's The Dolphin in downtown Natick if you like seafood, Agostino's for Italian any other questions, please feel free to ask
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!
megveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
megveg

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
Booked! Thanks!

So which lots have the best chance of spots? I don't remember Brookline having a lot? Or is it just street parking and I have to get lucky? EXCITED! Love Boston!
If you park at the Woodland T station (next to Newton/Wellesley Hospital) it;s $6 for a whole day of parking in a covered garage, and it's on the Green Line so it's a few stops to Fenway
KUNGALOOSH!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
java
I'm the mean wife

My son is a burger and fries kind of kid- also Japanese food!(typical college student I guess)

Rte 9 seems to hit right at the T stop if I switch over to 16? according to the map I looked at- is that right? Going straight along 9 seems to take me to Boylston- but parking would be an issue there I am guessing?
Old 10-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
megveg

Quote:
My son is a burger and fries kind of kid- also Japanese food!(typical college student I guess)

Rte 9 seems to hit right at the T stop if I switch over to 16? according to the map I looked at- is that right? Going straight along 9 seems to take me to Boylston- but parking would be an issue there I am guessing?
Yup, right up Rt 9, then onto 16 for about a mile or so. Parking in the city is always an issue, its much easier to park at Woodland and take the T.

Casey's in downtown Natick is a trolley car turned into a diner and they have hamburgers and hotdogs. SO SO SO YUMMY. It's super small and I think they only take cash, but it's such a cool place to eat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXT76G7NYzk

Theres also Shanghai Tokyo in downtown Natick, and Minado on Rt 9. Minado is a Japanese seafood buffet, and Shanghai Tokyo is a regular chinese food place. If you head a few minuites down Rt 9 West, theres a sushi place called Samba thats popular with the Framingham State students because its right down the hill from the campus.
KUNGALOOSH!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
SueInBoston
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Booked! Thanks!

Beaconsfield, Brookline Hills, Brookline Village, Longwood all have parking lot, not big lot, but about 15-20 spaces. If you are coming on a Saturday and don't have to fight with commuters, you should be able to get a space. The reason I recommend these stops is because if you go further out, the T fare is a bit higher, not high enough to break the bank, but you are driving already.
SueInBoston is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: