Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

A line cutting rant to get off my shoulders...

I really need to vent this rant, but not sure where the best place to put it is. I am just going to say it....

So we arrived at Epcot with one thing in mind that we HAD to do. My daughter wanted to meet Jasmine and Aladdin. We headed straight back to where the place is for them to meet and greet. The sign was there, but no line. I went over to a shop nearby and asked where we should line up. She told me to stand by the lamppost and that would be the start of the line. So, we did that. It was 11:15 and they were to come at 11:45. I know we were very early, but like I said...it was a MUST. Not very long after, others joined our line. I noticed some people kind of hanging around but not in the line, some were on benches that were close by as well.At about 11:25 a lady and her 2 daughters mosied up over to where the line is, but where Aladdin and Jasmine would stand. The lady was on her phone and the girls were just standing there. They stood there a long time and then walked away. Next thing I knew the lady got her stroller from by the benches and brought it up there in front of us. She did not say anything and kept her back to the line but it was clear she was trying to start the line. Now, I know it's not a big deal to be first or second in line....that is not the point of this rant. I could not ignore what she was doing though either. I went around her back and said "Excuse me, if you want to be in line to meet Aladdin and Jasmine then I believe the line is back there". I said it nicely, I had no reason to be rude to this woman. She turned and said, "No, we are fine right here, thanks." I told her she was cutting in front of all these people who have been waiting, including a very pregnant woman who was second in line after us and had been waiting, standing in the heat. She then stated that they were over sitting on the bench at 11 o'clock waiting for them to arrive. I told her that sitting on the bench was not the line and that there had been a line over by the meet and greet area for 20 minutes now. I asked her if she thought sitting on the bench after everyone had clearly made a line entitled her to walk to the front of the line. She said yes because they were there at 11 when no one else was. At this point I could tell she knew there was nothing I could say or do. She was a very rude woman with snide remarks the entire time she stood there. After they met with Aladdin and Jasmine, she shot a sarcastic "you all have a good day now" as she walked away.

I have never encountered such a rude person in my entire life...and I used to work in customer service. My husband actually tried to track someone down to do something about her actions(we did not know that nothing could be done). He talked to 4 different people and no one did anything. All they would have had to do was talk to the people in the line and they all would have told them the lady just walked herself up. The final person that we told actually asked if we were ok being second this time and apologized. Honestly, I did not care about where we were in line - be first, second or third, I just could not believe the rudeness of this woman or how she could do and say the things she did in front of her daughters.

It did not by any means ruin my vacation, but definitely put a bad taste in my mouth!!

We also ended up seeing a group cut in the Nemo line by coming in through the Emergency Exit door. There was a lot of rudeness in the World this trip and it is just plain sad.

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

Last edited by Tigpooh; 10-07-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
tenaseewalker
Mouseketeer

There is lots of line cutting in Disney... It happens all the time but there isn't much you can do about it except grit your teeth, smile and say "Have a Magical Day"...
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

That's an aggravating situation for sure. Good for you for speaking up. There really wasn't much more you could do at that point.

Karma, got believe in that!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"

Last edited by tofubeast; 10-08-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
kandb
DIS Veteran

As she was walking by, I would of said something like, "it's a shame that your poor daughters have to see how rude and ignorant their mother is"!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
ArthurFiggis
Mouseketeer

Tigpooh, you rock!

Great for you for taking the high road. You stood up for what was right without blowing your top.

I happily accept your rant and give you a virtual hi-five.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #6
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Sorry that happened.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Consider your self lucky she is the rudest person you ever met.

Last night there was a woman sitting on the curb at DHS over by the corner of the main store and Holywood and Vine. Smoking. It always irritates me to no end that the no smoking rules never seem to be enforced - but being in a wc now I am on the same level with my dd - I looked at the woman - probably with not a nice look on my face and she blew smoke directly in DD's face. The kid is 5! I was so mad - I told dd to hold her breath - some woman I front of me whippe her head around and I expected her to say something to me about my comment but she looked right at me and slowly grinned. I'm guessing she didn't like the smoke that couldn't be avoided either.

So yeah - I'd take line cutting self indulgent. Really I hope you didn't let the witch ruin your day. People feel so entitled these days.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #8
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
Consider your self lucky she is the rudest person you ever met.

Last night there was a woman sitting on the curb at DHS over by the corner of the main store and Holywood and Vine. Smoking. It always irritates me to no end that the no smoking rules never seem to be enforced - but being in a wc now I am on the same level with my dd - I looked at the woman - probably with not a nice look on my face and she blew smoke directly in DD's face. The kid is 5! I was so mad - I told dd to hold her breath - some woman I front of me whippe her head around and I expected her to say something to me about my comment but she looked right at me and slowly grinned. I'm guessing she didn't like the smoke that couldn't be avoided either.

So yeah - I'd take line cutting self indulgent. Really I hope you didn't let the witch ruin your day. People feel so entitled these days.
I can hold my patience for the most part. I can roll-with-it, countdown-backward-from-100, mentally remove myself from irritating situations with morons.

But THIS crosses a SERIOUS line IMO!!!! This isn't just an issue of rudeness, but more like a physical attack on a 5-yr old's lungs. I would NOT have been able to stay quiet or kind if this had been me. KUDOS to you for keeping your cool, I might've been arrested if it had been my DD.

(Also, I'm a reformed smoker who quit almost 7 years ago & DH is still an active smoker so I'm not coming from an anti-smoker POV. I could never, ever imagine being so rude to another person intentionally.)
Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
As she was walking by, I would of said something like, "it's a shame that your poor daughters have to see how rude and ignorant their mother is"!!!
This might have caused a full out bar room brawl. I would have been beside myself livid and would have gone to find an MC the moment she started showing me attitude. Being a former teacher, this kind of behavior from so-called adults really get my blood boiling as well.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
disneydonkey
Earning My Ears

I would have just walked around her and took my rightful place in line. What could she do about that.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
Tigpooh
Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
This might have caused a full out bar room brawl. I would have been beside myself livid and would have gone to find an MC the moment she started showing me attitude. Being a former teacher, this kind of behavior from so-called adults really get my blood boiling as well.
We did try to find someone to help with the situation, but none of the (4) cast members even came over. The only one who did was the one who came out with Jasmine and Aladdin and by then it was too late and we were told they couldn't do anything basically because it wasn't "seen" by them. My thing was she could have asked the majority of the people in line who saw it happen. I honestly think the lady knew she could get away with it.

DH me DS (7) DD (5)

Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #12
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Doesn't that just stoop to her level though? Plus, it's much more likely to make the little girls feel bad, not the rude mother.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
elleherself
Mouseketeer

For the most part Disney is very good about this. While I was waiting for Jack Sparrow at MNSSHP (before the party had started, of course, I'm a DISer!) a little girl came up to the front of the line and said her mom was in a wheelchair and needed to cut to the front of the line. She handed over a GAC. The attendant turned them down and said they would need to wait in the character line. Two ladies ahead of us were waiting as normal on their scooters.

Even though we lined up a full 20 minutes before Jack was due out, there were line attendants and ropes already up. I do think Disney, for most character lines, keeps things well organized and fair. No they don't have eyes everywhere.

I myself am the "skip them right back!" mentality. But I'm usually with my sister and she is very anti-confrontation. She thinks that being a rude person is its own punishment, and she'd rather wait a little longer and not let it bother her. But I am very competitive and sort of a stickler for rules, so this clashes. I will sit and stew over being skipped, and it's hard for me to get over it-- meanwhile, a confrontation where I emerge the victor (ie not getting skipped) is what I need to happen to easily move on.
May 2008 (MK and AK - Hilton) ~ October 2008 (Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, DHS, Howl-O-Scream @Busch Gardens, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios - offsite) ~ August 30, 2009 (24th Birthday at DHS! - stayed with family) ~ September 2009 (Epcot and MK - Saratoga Springs and Polynesian) ~ December 2009 (MK, Epcot, AK - offsite) ~ February 2010 (DHS, Epcot, MK - offsite) ~ October 2010 (MK, Epcot F&W, HS, AK, MNSSHP, Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure, Howl-O-Scream @Busch Gardens - FORT WILDERNESS CABIN!) ~ September 2012 (Epcot F&W, ToT 10 miler, MNSSHP, MK - Bonnet Creek)
Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #14
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenaseewalker View Post
There is lots of line cutting in Disney... It happens all the time but there isn't much you can do about it except grit your teeth, smile and say "Have a Magical Day"...
Honestly in the 10 park days we had we didn't have one encounter with with. Last year we had a few this year not at all.

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #15
Cynt
DIS Veteran

Sometimes you have to be rude right back to people. I can't stand people who think they are entitled to everything. AARRGGHH!!! I always speak up and stand my ground from line cutters, cheaters, chair hogs, holding 20 seats, etc. ARE YOU SERIOUS!! Not on my watch. I know sometimes it causes a scene but I can't take the craziness some people display. Usually a stern, "don't even think about it", deters them.

And to the smoker who blew smoke into my face or if I had kids face, she would have been eating that cigarette or watching it fly across the sidewalk. SERIOUSLY!!?!?!? That's beyond rude. And I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, which would have meant me going back to the room to take my meds to keep my reaction to a minimum. Yep, if I'm going to be inconvenienced so is she.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!

Last edited by Cynt; 10-08-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: