Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
dkhurley
Mouseketeer

EasyWDW Predictions - Follow them!

I have always read Josh's predictions on EasyWDW, but today, my girlfriend and me wanted to try Food and Wine, so we strayed from his predictions. We went to Epcot, got a FP for Soarin', rode Soarin', rode Sum of all Thrills, rode Journey Into Imagination. Then, we went to go ride Living With The Land and they had fastpass distribution running and there was a wait at only 10 am. We rode as the line was only 10 minutes, then used our FP's for Soarin'.

After this, we wanted to try out Ellen's Energy Adventure and we loved it! Then, started our Food and Wine (really just there for food) time. We went to the Festival Center and it seemed pretty busy. We started walking towards World Showcase at 11:40 am, and the place was packed. I've never seen World Showcase so busy so early. We never waited long for food as the meals are constantly prepared, along with the drinks, but there was people everywhere, especially drunk ones already at 12:30 pm.

We left at 1:30 or so, and went to Magic Kingdom mainly to check out Storybook Circus, and Magic Kingdom was extremely packed as well. So, we decided we would go to the park that was most recommended, actually the only recommended park, Animal Kingdom. We got there at 5 and had 2 hours before the park closed. There was swarms of people leaving, and we walked in easily. We saw It's Tough To Be A Bug, rode Dinosaur and then went to Primeval Whirl. We rode and when we went to get off, they asked if we wanted to ride again as there was no line, so why not? We stayed on and rode again. Our plan was to go to Everest next, but it started to rain so we made our way out, but the park was basically empty. Don't bash his recommendations because he is right on with his predictions.
dkhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

We find the predicted parks very useful We start out with a plan but have AP's so we can always leave to go to another park.

Only once was the predicted park "wrong" in a sense that ML was the recommend park and was listed as 3 out of 10 but for some reason it was absolutely packed! Everything had an hours wait + (this was early February) and even the CM's said no one had been expected the sudden influx of people. Two days later, they added an EMH until 2am, extended park hours to 1am on another day, it was a very sudden change.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

I've never heard of this before, is it a website that predicts how busy the park is going to be on that day?
Old 10-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDetective View Post
I've never heard of this before, is it a website that predicts how busy the park is going to be on that day?
http://www.easywdw.com/ It gives estimations based on past crowd numbers and what is going on at WDW at the time (marathons ect)

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how this great site(easywdw) gets "paid"?

It doesn't charge anything to access it and I don't ever see anything advertised on it.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW
Does anyone know how this great site(easywdw) gets "paid"?

It doesn't charge anything to access it and I don't ever see anything advertised on it.
For now, it doesn't from what I know.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

He was spot on when we went the past week!!! Love his sense of humor too :-)

Lalabubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I know I planned my trip based on advice from that site....
Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
bluesky225
Mouseketeer

We've been at WDW since last Wed. and have used his park recommendations the whole time. We have barely had to wait at all! Crowds were around 5 the first few days we were here, but Saturday was an 8 and today a 7. Still had no problems with having to wait much (as we also used fast passes). So thankful for Easy WDW!
bluesky225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfrostyjosh
The site is okay, but the guy that runs it is a real jerk.
LOL

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Has anyone gone mid morning to his recommended parks and had success with low/moderate crowds?
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #12
bluesky225
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Has anyone gone mid morning to his recommended parks and had success with low/moderate crowds?
It does get really busy the later you go, but some days it is still doable. We got to Epcot at 12 the first day because we had just got into town. With fast passes for Soarin', we still had almost no wait on anything else and were able to do a lot. That day the crowd level was only a 5 though. The past two days we got the park around 9:15, and it was busy. (crowd level was 7 and 8) Toy Story already had a 70 min. wait, but we got fast passes (they were for 2:40 already--that early). Someone had given us passes to Rockin' Roller Coaster, so we didn't have to wait but it was already an hour at that time. The other rides weren't bad though (like Star Tours, Little Mermaid, Great Movie, etc). So anyway, you can definitely tell a big difference when you get there later...we just had to make it work by using fast pass. (If I could get my husband and son to get up and out earlier, I would, but they aren't big fans of getting up early on vacation)
bluesky225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #13
bits-n-pieces
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Yep! we used it for our September trip and he was right on. We are not Rope Drop vacationers (we usually meander into most parks around 10am or 11am) and never waited in line more the 5 min our whole trip. And the day we went against his reconmendations we knew what to expect and he was dead on with those too.

bits-n-pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #14
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

He was spot on when we went the past week!!! Love his sense of humor too :-)

Lalabubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crowds, easywdw, predictions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: