Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 172

Fantasy vacation before baby #2 arrives - Disney World and Cruise

Hello everyone! I am a first time trip writer, so bare with me while I learn the ropes. I have been a lurker on the boards for about 6 months or so (no idea why I didn't register, just didn't) and have learned so much from reading threads and reading trip reports that I thought I would write a TR as well to try to help others (or for just entertainment).

The cast: Myself (29), DH (32) and DS (3). We have all been to Disney World several times (4 times for me, 5 times for DH and this was DS 3rd time) and consider ourselves intermediate in our Disney knowledge (not beginners and not experts, lol). We have been on different cruise lines as well but never Disney and we were excited to experience a Disney cruise. I have posted the Disney World portion of our vacation here ( and then the cruise portion on here. I am currently pregnant with baby #2 (at time of vacation I was 14 weeks along) and we wanted to take one last vacation as a family of 3 (that's what we said when we went back in January but we were so happy we were able to sneak another one in). We spent 2 1/2 days at Disney World and then a 7 day cruise on the Disney Fantasy. Well, let's get on with the show.

Day Four: Itís cruise day! Yay! We were sad to be leaving Disney World but not all that sad since we were getting ready to board the Disney Fantasy. We had scheduled for a shuttle to pick us up at 9 to go get our rental car so we were in no big hurry this morning. We woke up and got read, packed what was still out and said bye to our room. We had one last danish at our resort before heading out front to wait for the shuttle. Our driver called and said he was running a little behind, not a good start; however, this did not continue. We used Budget rental this time around. DH was very nervous about renting a car because last time it was a huge hassle renting from Avis (had to take a bus to Downtown Disney to go to the hotel across from there to pick up the car, waited quiet some time to get the car and then when we returned it in Port Canaveral we had to wait to be shuttled over because Avisís bus had broke down). Our driver showed up about 15 minutes late but was polite and apologetic about it, said his last passenger was late. We were quickly taken to the hotel where the Budget desk was. The desk was just right inside the door and we were the only ones there. The lady had us checked in and a car ready before I had even gotten back out of the bathroom with DS, I was shocked. We walked out to the car, got the car seat hooked up and were on our way. Driving to Port Canaveral is a little annoying because of all the tolls but I guess thatís just because we come from a state that doesnít have tolls. But in less than an hour and after stopping for gas right next to the Budget center, we returned the car. And to our delight there was a shuttle waiting! We were able to hop on and were at the port by 11. It was so much easier this time around and so pleasant. We will defiantly use Budget again in the future.
It truly is a site to see the ship when you first go over the hill when driving to Port Canaveral. Seeing your cruise ship in the distance and knowing that will be home for the next week is so exciting!

We dropped our checked bags off to the porters and headed thru security. Everything was very easy and such a breeze! We didnít have to wait in line at all to check in. It only took a few minutes for them to issue us our Key to the World cards and we were given boarding #6. I did not stand in line to check DS into the kids club here because I had read that it was much easier and quicker to do onboard (and Iím glad I waited, the line was long here and no one in line onboard at the open house) nor did we stand in line to see Mickey or Minnie, lines were long for them as well.

Model of the ship in the cruise terminal.

You go thru Mickey Ears to get on the ship thru the cruise terminal. Love the details Disney does.

After just a short wait we were called to board. We had our picture taken and were boarding. It was a neat thing to hear our name called and having them clap and wave at us as we came on board. DS liked that they were wearing Mickey hands. The first view takes your breath away, the atrium is beautiful! We walked thru quickly because we didnít want to add to the congestion or be a cause for it so we headed toward the elevators (which were very easy to find). We saw the mosaic of the Cinderella coach and the big chair and I was in love.

DS and me in the royal chair.

We headed straight for Cabanas for lunch because surprise, surprise I was hungry, lol. Cabanas is really nicely decorated in my opinion, again the tile work is amazing! We picked up plates and quickly found enough we wanted and were sitting down to eat by 12. I do not remember what we ate specifically, just that it was good and filling.

We walked around for a little bit after lunch just taking it all in. We went up to Palo to make a brunch reservation (which we had no problem getting the day or time we wanted). Our room was ready by 1:30 so we switched into swimsuits and when back up on deck. DH really wanted to ride the Aquaduck (water coaster) and DS was just itching to get into Nemoís Reef splash area. DS loved Nemoís Reef (and we would be back many times before the end of the week) and DH really enjoyed his ride. We went back to the room, changed and headed back out to check out the ship some more. We went to the open house at the kids club. I had already pre-registered online so checking DS in was very quick and easy. They gave us the Mickey band and we went into explore. DS loved the Monsters Inc room and Andyís Room.

This place is so neatly decorated and fun! There are tons of computers for the kids to play on as well; DS thought this was so neat! He loved being able to actually play on the computer! They have smaller scaled bathrooms just for kids and automatic hand washing machines (they were pretty interesting!). DS loved it and was so excited to go back! We walked thru all the night clubs/adult only areas.

Picture of DH & DS playing in the phone booth in one of the night clubs.

We saw both theaters and more art work. We played a game of shuffle board, DS found this amusing. By now it was time for our muster drill. This was super easy, we were in the Walt Disney Theater balcony area and it was over in just a short time. We headed up to the pool deck to the Sail Away Party next. This was so fun! Itís a great way to start a Disney cruise to be out on deck dancing with the characters.

After we went back to the room for a little bit before dinner to relax. We had already gotten one of our bags so I unpacked it. I believe during this time DS played on my Kindle and DH watched tv while I unpacked, not sure how I always get to be in charge of the fun stuff. When we boarded I did notice that we got the dinning rotation that we had requested, so tonight we were in Enchanted Garden. Our other bag was waiting outside our door when we left for dinner. DS had chicken tenders, fries and mac and cheese. This one was a favorite for him and he had it a few nights. They did serve it with veggies and made a cute Mickey head out of ketchup as well. I started out with heirloom tomato soup and a romaine wedge. Both were pretty good. DH had lobster ravioli. We both had the prime rib that was served with double baked potato and we thought it was good. Potatoes were a little dry in my opinion but when you are cooking for the masses I guess that happens. For dessert, DS had an ice cream Mickey bar. He loved these and had one almost every night.

I had a chocolate torte and it was ok. DH had the banana foster sundae and enjoyed it. We did not do much else this night, we were all tired. So we headed back to our room to relax and get DS to bed. I finished unpacking and read for a little bit while DH watched tv (he watched 6 movies on tv while on the cruise, lol).
acceber32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
Mommy to Claire
jenseib's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,942

Joining in!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
DIS Veteran
Cheryl726's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lincoln, RI
Posts: 637

Great start! Congrats on your first Disney cruise!
Cheryl726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
DIS Veteran
ProudMommyof2's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: RedSox/Patriots Nation
Posts: 2,559

Great start!
Me(Pam) DH DS15 DD13

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 172

So sorry it's been awhile since I've updated!!! Before our cruise when I would read reviews I would try to be patient waiting for them to be wrote but honestly, I'm not a very patient person and it annoyed me. Now, I understand!!! Writing a review isn't as easy as it seems, it's time consuming, real life gets in the way (like work and house cleaning) and (I'll pull out this card, lol) I have a 3 year old while 17 weeks pregnant so this all leaves very little time to update and write. Thank you to those that are being so patient waiting for the next installment!!!! Here it is!

Day Five: Our first full day at sea! We planned on having a nice relaxing day and thatís exactly what I was going to do, relax! DS never really sleeps in late so he and I were up before 7:30. I showered and got ready for breakfast while he watched cartoons and DH slept. After I was ready I made DH get up and get ready so we could all go get breakfast, this pregnant lady doesnít like to wait to eat in the morning, I am always hungry early. We went up to Cabanas and found plenty to eat. Omelets, hash browns, pancakes, Mickey waffles, cereal, pastries and donuts, fruit, etc. So much food! Everything I had on my plate was very good. I made DS a plate and what do you think he ate, cereal. He didnít really want any of the other stuff for breakfast all week besides maybe a bite or two of a donut, maybe some fruit but would eat cereal every morning, lol.

After breakfast, DS and I went to ďWake up With Disney JuniorĒ. It was a little dance party for the kids. There was a cast member there and he was very interactive with the kids. They played music from Disney Junior shows and did different dances. Goofy came in for a little bit and danced with the kids too. It was fun and cute! Great way to start the morning.

After this, DS was begging to go to the kidsí club. I hadnít been sure about taking him before the cruise (I donít like him spending so much time away from us, we both work all day and he is in daycare, I feel we miss so much) but he was begging to go. I made sure he understood that I couldnít go and that he would be going by himself, he was fine with that and excited to run around and play. So, reluctantly I took him to the kidsí club. Since I had some free time on my hands with no plans (this never happens!!!) I decided to relax. I grabbed my Kindle from the room and went to the adultsí only area up on the pool deck, grabbed a chair and read a book. DH isnít the type to just sit and has a hard time with it. He decided he wanted to go swimming so he changed and got in the adult only pool for a little bit with an occasional run over to me just to make sure I hadnít forgotten about him and to interrupt my reading. It was drizzling rain at this point but he was in the pool and didnít care. They made an announcement that the Aquaduck was still open despite the rain so he went over to take another ride; however, before he got to the top of the stairs they had closed it due to lightening. With nothing for him to do I thought he was going to sit down and drive me crazy, thankfully he couldnít sit there long so he went back to the room to change and explorer the ship. I loved having my time to read. It was so nice to be able to sit down, read a good book and look out at the ocean everywhere around us, aw this is the life!

After about an hour and a half I went back to the kidsí club to pick up DS. He was playing on one of the computers when I went in there and the look on his face when he saw me was priceless. And not in the way to make a mommyís heart melt. I do believe if looks could make people disappear, I would have, lol. He was not happy I was there and he was not ready to leave! It was getting close to lunch time though so I told him he could come back another time and he was happy with that. We went back to the room for a few minutes to meet back up with DH and to hear about DSís time in the kidsí club. He said he got to play in Andyís room, in the Monsters Inc room, on the light up dance floor and on the computers. He was particularly happy he got to play on a computer just for him. I was glad he enjoyed his time but I missed him while he was gone (and checked the Wave phone every few minutes, lol). Iíll add that the Wave phones are the best thing ever!! Why weíve never seen them on other cruise lines is beyond me!

Once we were all back together we went up to Cabanas to grab lunch. Again, I donít remember what we had but it was all good (nothing spectacular but all yummy and we found plenty to our liking). I believe we walked around the ship a little more after lunch. We headed back to our room so DS could get a nap and Iím pretty sure I took one as well, after all, relaxing was the only thing on todayís agenda.

After nap time, we changed into swim wear and went to go play. DS played some more in Nemoís Reef area and loved it. We also went up to the Aqua Lab spray area for a little bit. This was fun but he preferred Nemoís Reef (and I did too since it is covered). I also took my first ride on the Aqua Duck. I wasnít sure what the ride was going to be like but the first half is faster and you get kind of a water slide feel, then the second half is more relaxed and you are able to look around to take in the great view (and it sure is pretty up there!). Being pregnant I was a little concerned about riding it (I canít remember if it says not to but I rode it a after DH said it wasnít bad) but it was overall an easy ride and very fun. DH took another ride down it as well. DS wanted to go on the Mickey kidsí slide so my husband walked him up the steps and gave him a little push. Well, that ďlittleĒ push wasnít enough and DS didnít even make it around the first corner completely. He sat there looking at DH and couldnít figure out what to do. While DH was trying to explain to him how to push himself down another kid went down knocking DS down the rest of the way. DS was not happy about this and did not want to go again! Then despite being told not to (he later said he never heard the cast member), DH went down the slide. He got yelled at by the cast member once at the bottom, I found this funny. Not a great start to the slide for DS and he quickly went back to Nemoís Reef to go down Mr. Rayís slide (which was short but fast and he loved it).

After a few hours of playing around in the water we went back to the room to change and get ready for dinner. Tonight was formal night and we were in Royal Court. Before going down to the Royal Court we waited in line to see Mickey. We were all dressed up and wanted a good picture with Mickey (the one we bought turned out better than this but I haven't scanned it in, for whatever reason our camera decided to take a lot of blurry pictures this trip, we might have had it on the wrong setting but we are searching for a new camera now).

My first glimpse of the Royal Court and I was impressed. It is a beautiful restaurant! The mosaics on the walls were stunning, the chairs and light fixtures all added to the great ambiance of the room. With my love for Disney Princesses, this was easily my favorite of the 3 rotational restaurants. I had the double baked cheese and spinach soufflť to start with; DH had the iced lobster and jumbo shrimp. We both enjoyed our starters. Then I had the Royal Market Green salad that came with goat cheese. I wasnít as fond of this; turns out I donít like goat cheese unless itís melted on something. I canít remember what DH had, probably more shrimp though. For our main course, we both had the aged angus grilled beef tenderloin topped with garlic shrimp (I quickly gave my shrimp to DH, Iím a meat girl, I donít like anything that comes out of the water) and marquis potatoes. Steak was tender and juicy and the cognac reduction sauce served with it was nice. For dessert I had the grand mariner soufflť, which was very good. DH had the strawberry shortcake sundae and he enjoyed it. DS had spaghetti and meatballs and he ate a lot of it. Our assistant server was nice and cut it all up for DS (DS got a kick out of them cutting his food for him instead of mommy).

I have a lot of pictures of the Royal Court, I'll try to put a few here and a few in another post.

I thought the bread basket was too cute!

These are the plates on the wall near our table.

After dinner we went back to the room for a little bit before the show. We went to see Aladdin tonight. DS loved this show and now watches Aladdin at home all the time. DH and I enjoyed the show but thought a few things could have been done a bit better (why no Abu?!). They did have some very life like horses (or at least they looked that way from our seats in the balcony, lol) and we had to do a double take before realizing there was no way a horse could live on a cruise ship, lol. And it was much better than entertainment shows weíve seen on other cruise lines. Once the show was over we went back to the room and it was bath and bed time for DS. DH and I did not stay up much longer either. Tomorrow was our first port stop, Grand Cayman, and we were going to the beach.
acceber32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Mommy to Claire
jenseib's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,942

Looks like a fun day. I am laughing that DS wanted to stay in the club.
I know what you mean about writing TR' takes forever!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Sparrow78's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB - Canada
Posts: 170

Great job! Dh would be the same annoyed about the cab and such!
Me DH and DD (6)

Sailing on the Magic again! Nov 29, 2015!

8 night Magic Cruise - Jan 18, 2013

Paradise Pier Hotel May 20-26, 2012
WDW August 7-14 2010
2nd DL trip! May 18-25, 2004
1st DL visit... 1 day rushed trip May 2001
Sparrow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 172

I thought I had posted our Costa Maya day (but clearly didn't) so today there will be two posts.
Day Seven: Today the ship was docking at Costa Maya; however, we were not getting off. I love venturing out to the ports and seeing new places (weíve never been to Costa Maya); however, DH loves staying on the ship and really wanted to try to take advantage of the ship today. We had agreed well before going on vacation that we would stay on the ship this day. I didnít see much to do at Costa Maya besides a beach day or to see some of the pyramids (I didnít think I could get my 3 year to sit still on the bus ride long enough to get there, plus we werenít in port long so we ruled that out) and we knew Castaway Cay would top any other beach so I gave in and we stayed on ship. We had booked a brunch reservation at Palo for this day and were very excited about it. DS slept in a little for him this morning and when he woke up we did our morning routine. He and I did go upstairs to have breakfast together while DH got ready though, he wasnít hungry. DS and I enjoyed our cereal breakfast together very much. Heís a mommyís boy and loves to spend time with me. After breakfast we went back to the room to meet up with DH. I got dressed for Palo and we told DS that he got to go back to the kidsí club, he was so excited!

We dropped DS off and went to Palo. When we first went in there were not that many people there (we had a 10am reservation). This place is very nice and romantic.

Light fixture at the entrance to Palo

We got a nice table, it was a booth set in the back kind of by itself with a great view looking out at the ocean. This is the closest thing DH and I have had to a date since DS was 7 weeks old so we were glad we got a great table.

Flowers on every table.

Our view looking out.

Our server, whose name I canít remember and I feel awful about, was amazing. She showed us around the buffet and explained how to order entrees. She did not want us to feel rushed at all so she said she would wait to take our order after we had a chance to sample some of the wonderful pastries and appetizers they had. They had all kinds of pastries, cheeses, fruits, cold seafood, etc. to fill up on; you could really make a meal out of this and be pleasantly full. But donít! You need to save room for the entrees and desserts. We ordered a pizza to split, half margarita and half grape (sounds weird but it was really good!). I ordered the strawberry soup and while it was good I donít like mint. The mint wasnít strong so I did enjoy a little of the soup but after a few bites I couldnít get past the mint flavor and wanted to save room for the chicken parmesan I had ordered. DH also ordered the chicken parmesan dish. We both really really enjoyed it. The chicken was nice and crispy but not overly cooked. The cheese melted on top was the right amount, the red sauce was very tasty and the risotto it sat on was so good!! This was by far the best dish I had on the cruise the entire time. If you go to Palo for brunch you have to order this!!! By the time dessert came we were both so full but if you know me you know I have a second stomach just for sweets.  We filled our plates from the dessert buffet and enjoyed everything we got. We both found a few things that we really enjoyed and got seconds on those. By the time we left Palo we were both stuffed and almost needed to be wheeled out, lol. Honestly, if you are going on a Disney cruise you have to book Palo. It was so good! I wish we had booked more than one meal there.
After Palo we went to go get DS. He had been in the kidsí club for almost 2 hours but it was getting close to lunch and I knew heíd be hungry. When we picked him up he wasnít as reluctant to leave this time but was still all talk about how much he enjoyed it. Peter Pan had come in and read them a story, he loved that!! We promised him that he would get to come back at least once more before the cruise was over. Neither DH nor I was hungry but we had to feed DS so we went to lunch. I believe we just got him some chicken tenders and fries and I probably tried to get him to eat some fruit and veggies as well. After lunch we went back to the room for a nap.
We didnít stay in the room long; DH was itching to take advantage of the ship with a lot of people at Costa Maya. We decided to go play a game of mini- golf (or as my son said he played Mickey golf because he was a boy and I played Minnie golf since Iím a girl). It was a fun game and we enjoyed our time. DS is finally getting the idea of hitting the ball with his club, it was so cute watching him (wish I had my camera with me ). After, we played the mystery game and DS chose to do the ďMissing PuppiesĒ. This is an interactive art game and is nothing like anything Iíve ever seen. The art looks so real; however, itís really not a painting but an interactive screen that you hold your detective card in front of and it plays you a clip with a clue and then you have to move your card around to do different things. We really enjoyed this and DS was glad we caught bad Captain Hook and returned those puppies! He loved putting Captain Hook in jail. We also swam, played in Nemoís Reef, rode the Aquaduck and DS rode the Mickey slide again.
After we played around the ship for a few hours we went back to the room to get ready for dinner. We were back in Enchanted Garden and the theme was Prince and Princess Dinner. I had the Beastís Potato and Sausage Casserole soup; which I wasnít fond of and only ate a few bites and DH had the duck and cheese quesadilla, he did not care for this but I had a bite of it and thought it was good. I also had a caesar salad, I do not remember what else DH had to eat. For my main entrťe I had the peppercorn crusted New York strip with sautťed green beans and corn and potatoes with a brandy sauce. I enjoyed my entrťe. DH had the oven roasted turkey and enjoyed it as well. I believe DS just had chicken strips, mac & cheese and fries (I did say he ate this often). For dessert I had the chocolate soufflť, which I liked and DH had the sundae. I think this was his favorite sundae of the cruise because it had rocky road ice cream, his favorite. DS had a Mickey bar, of course.
After dinner I wanted to go see Wishes; however, DH was tired and didnít want to go. So we just went back to the room and relaxed. I didnít keep DS up too late because I knew he wouldnít get a nap the next day. I know I stayed up and read more of my book, itís hard to get this much time to read at home and I was loving ďmy timeĒ to myself even if it was in a small room with DH watching tv or sleeping and DS sleeping. The next day we were going to Cozumel and I wanted everyone to be rested because we had a big day planned, swimming with the dolphins.

(Sorry for the lack of pictures this day, not sure why I didn't take many. Guess I was busy having fun!)
acceber32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #10
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 172

Day Eight: The morning was like most other mornings, DS and I woke up first and then DH. Once we were all ready we went upstairs to Cabanas to get breakfast. We enjoyed breakfast here the most because we could get a variety of things we liked, get DS cereal and it was casual enough that I didnít feel bad if DS was being loud. We took our time enjoying our breakfast and getting ready this morning because we didnít have anywhere to be early. We arrived in Cozumel and all ashore was at 8am; however, we didnít have our dolphin excursion booked until 1:00 so we had plenty of time. We did make it off the ship a little after 10 and made our way to Chankanaab national park. Our taxi driver was nice enough and got us there without any problems. DH was a bit freaked out because the car didnít have a working speed odometer (which might explain why the trip back seemed to take longer, lol). Once we were there we showed them our reservation ticket and they told us to come back to the desk ten minutes before our reservation. The dolphin excursion includes entrance into the national park so we decided to walk around and enjoy it. I wanted to walk around the botanical garden and look at the iguanas, plants and flowers.

We did this for a few minutes but DH was in a foul mood so we turned around and went to find a chair on the beach. We changed and DS and DH got in the water. DH was disappointed that the water didnít get very deep in the lagoon and that there were no waves.

After a little while of this we decided we would just go play in the pool. The park has a fresh water pool right near the dolphin area so this was convenient. We played in the pool for awhile, had a snack and played some more. DS was enjoying swimming by himself with his puddle jumper.

Once it was time for our dolphin encounter we checked back in at the desk and they told us where the lockers where and to then sit on the benches for instructions. We put all our stuff away and waited and waited and waited. It was after 1:30pm before they finally came over to give us instructions. There was a large group of people waiting and unfortunately, all did not speak one language. So, the instructors had to give the instructions in both English and Spanish. This took awhile to get thru. Once they were finished they split us up into smaller groups and led us to the dolphin area. We were paired with another family of five and again, they spoke Spanish so everything had to be said twice. I hate saying this but honestly it was so annoying. I felt as though we missed out on a lot of interesting facts just because the instructor didnít want to say it twice, plus it took a lot longer to go thru. We were let into the water and stood on a platform. The life jacket I was wearing kept me just to the point I couldnít stand flat footed on the platform so it was very hard to keep my balance. But I was in the water with a dolphin so this was exciting. DS wanted me to hold him and I did my best but eventually had to give him to DH because I couldnít keep my balance enough for the both of us. The first dolphin we tried to swim with recently had a baby and was nursing the baby. It was very cute to see them swimming together; however, she didnít want to do any tricks and ignored the instructor. They had us get out of the water and move to another enclosure with a different dolphin hoping he would be more cooperative. Thankfully he was! His name was John and he was great. DS still talks about him. He did tricks for us, swam close to us and then each person got to do a few tricks with him (dance, kiss, etc.). The interaction with the dolphin was a lot of fun. It lasted for about 45 minutes. DS loved it and smiled and laughed the whole time. It really was a neat experience.

This is the area where they do the dolphin swim.

Once we were done with our dolphin encounter we were led to the picture shop to look at our photos. We only bought one because they were $30 a picture. But Iím glad we got one since they donít let you take your camera with you. We quickly changed and headed to get a taxi. We were tired and hungry and by now it was 3 pm. There are taxis waiting for you to leave so getting one was no problem. We got back to the port, tried to pay the taxi driver but he didnít have change for a $20. The taxi was only $10 so he went to go see if he could get some change. After several minutes he did come back and gave DH back a $10 bill. We usually tip but this guy didnít get a tip since he didnít bring us any small bills. Oh well, not a smart move on his part for not getting smaller bills. We walked back thru security, got a cold towel (love Disney!) and boarded the ship.

We were all very hungry so we dropped our stuff off in the room and headed to the grill to get something to eat. I believe we had a mixture of pizza, burgers, chicken fingers and fries. After our late lunch we went back to the room to clean up and relax. Tonight was Pirate night and it was going to be a late night. I had DS lay down to get some quiet time (even though I knew he wouldnít sleep I thought him resting would help a little). Much sooner than we were ready for, it was dinner time. DH and I had looked at the menus before our cruise and neither of us were looking forward to tonightís menu, it just didnít seem appealing. We were back in Royal Court so that was a plus. When we sat down DS noticed that the kids sitting at the table next to us had flashing color pirate cups and he had to have one. It was only $6 so we got him one. He loves using it at home! For a starter, I had the mozzarella sticks off the kidís menu and then Mr. Smeeís bibb lettuce salad. DH had the crab cakes and a jerk chicken salad, neither of which he was crazy about. For my entrťe I had the marinated beef short ribs with mashed potatoes. Iím not sure if it was just that I wasnít hungry or what but I didnít really care for this dish, it was just ok. DH had shrimp pasta that he thought was ok. Iím assuming DS had chicken tenders and mac n cheese but I canít remember what he ate anymore and honestly he had that a lot so itís probably a safe assumption. I know he had a Mickey bar for dessert and so did DH. I had a sweet temptation of fruit cobbler, some type of meringue and a rum soaked chocolate cake with raspberry sauce. The chocolate cake and the fruit cobbler were pretty good. After dinner we walked around the shops a bit and bought DS a pirate sword.

Tonight was also the preimer for Finding Nemo 3D. We went to watch this but only stayed for the first 10 or 15 minutes. Weíve seen Nemo so many times. 3D effects are not something that I really see well, plus we were sitting in the balcony where the bar was hitting the screen so it was obstructing my view (driving me crazy). We went back to the room again for a little bit. I was worried that DS might fall asleep but he seemed to be just fine playing my Kindle. We didnít stay in the room long though; we went up to the pool deck to begin the festives for the pirate party. We danced around for a little bit to the music, watched the Mickey pirate stage show and enjoyed ourselves. DS loved it! After a little while we moved spots to get a better view for the fireworks and waited and waited. They made an announcement that the Captain was trying to get us out into clear skies but there was a storm approaching and they werenít sure if we were going to be able to see fireworks. About 20 minutes later, the show started! It wasnít a long fireworks show and honestly, it wasnít anything spectacular but there is something about fireworks out at sea that is so cool! And we all love fireworks anyway so we really enjoyed this. Right after the fireworks, they have a large buffet at Cabanas. We quickly went in there to get something to eat. We filled our plates with tacos, desserts and other goodies and then headed back to our room. It was really late and we needed to get DS to bed. Once back in the room, it was bath and to bed for DS (after a few bites off my plate to sample). DH and I enjoyed our buffet items (it was a nice change to have tacos). DH even got a turkey leg but didnít get the thrill of eating it and actually found it gross. With full bellies we went to bed right before midnight, definitely our latest night but staying up for pirate night was worth it.
acceber32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
DIS Veteran
bitlerzx4's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 554

Love this trip report.

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 172

Thanks bitlerzx4! I'm hoping to finish up in the next couple days.
acceber32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #13
Mommy to Claire
jenseib's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,942

I can't wait to do Palo brunch. I did dinner and was not impressed, but brunch looks more my style.

I had a turkey leg too, it was good, but so hard to eat.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #14
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 172

Palo brunch was so good! You won't be disappointed! Make sure you go hungry. I had a lite breakfast (had to eat something since I'm pregnant) but was still hungry. And I highly recommend the chicken parmesan, it is so good!
acceber32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #15
DIS Veteran
LuvEeyore's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southwest, Virginis
Posts: 1,664

Joining in for your cruise!! Cant wait to hear more. I am getting so excited about my cruise on the Fantasy Dec 15, 2012!!
current trip report
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: