Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
dsnygirl2006
DIS Veteran

Anybody have trouble getting correct OBC?

I rebooked onboard last year and used DU as my travel agency and have $200 with them, I called Disney and they are telling me its all thru my TA and to contact them? I am also supposed to have $200 thru Disney? Can anybody help me figure out how to find out what my OBC is?

dsnygirl2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Your TA is the only one who can help you. When you use a TA, ALL financial inquiries must go thru them. DCL isn't telling you that you don't have an OBC from them; they are telling you that they can't discuss it with you--you must discuss it with your TA.

Your TA's paperwork from Disney will show the OBC from DCL. It should also show the OBC from the TA when they apply that to your account. When you board the ship, you should have a card in your cabin showing each of the OBCs separately. If there is any question at that time, contact Guest Services and they can communicate with shoreside services and verify it.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
dsnygirl2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
Your TA is the only one who can help you. When you use a TA, ALL financial inquiries must go thru them. DCL isn't telling you that you don't have an OBC from them; they are telling you that they can't discuss it with you--you must discuss it with your TA.

Your TA's paperwork from Disney will show the OBC from DCL. It should also show the OBC from the TA when they apply that to your account. When you board the ship, you should have a card in your cabin showing each of the OBCs separately. If there is any question at that time, contact Guest Services and they can communicate with shoreside services and verify it.
Ok thank you soooo much I was getting worried when they told me that, makes me feel much better, I have contacted my TA so I'm waiting to hear back. Thanks again!!!

dsnygirl2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
over50visits
DIS Veteran

A good way to think about it is that your travel agency is the one who "owns" the reservation, so DCL will talk to them, not you. You have to ask your TA for reservations, changes, refunds, deposits, etc. (A very good reason to book with DCL directly if you're comfortable with the Disney cruises).

But, a good TA will be the next best thing to talking to Disney directly. Just pick up the phone and give them a call, you'll have your answer immediately, and can talk over any other concerns/questions you might have. If you want changes, you'll have to wait for them to call DCL then call you back. That's of course a slight inconvenience (you phone them instead of DCL directly); TAs try to make up for that with a larger OBC than Disney offers, plus if you're a neophyte in using Disney you have someone to talk to who can give you informed advice as to your options and ways to save money.
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnygirl2006 View Post
I rebooked onboard last year and used DU as my travel agency and have $200 with them, I called Disney and they are telling me its all thru my TA and to contact them? I am also supposed to have $200 thru Disney? Can anybody help me figure out how to find out what my OBC is?
We did a Med cruise in the summer of 2011 and had a $200 rebooking OBC from DCL plus a $200 credit from DU - both were applied to our account once we set sail. No problems. Your TA should be able to confirm what you have.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: