Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
moenjoejr
Earning My Ears

Bag for my 9 year old

I bought 2 Everest Fanny Packs for my 5 year old boys, not really b/c I think they will wear them most of the time, but b/c if they see their brother has a bag, they will probably want one too. The ones I bought for them are pretty small according to the reviews, and they say are probably too small for an older child. I'm trying to find one that my 9 year old could wear (I would prefer one of these to a backpack). Any thoughts?
moenjoejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I bought my twins the blue WDW cross body bag. They were smaller and really cute. They enjoyed putting their celebration buttons on them and carried their pens, autograph books, and Epcot passports.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moenjoejr View Post
I bought 2 Everest Fanny Packs for my 5 year old boys, not really b/c I think they will wear them most of the time, but b/c if they see their brother has a bag, they will probably want one too. The ones I bought for them are pretty small according to the reviews, and they say are probably too small for an older child. I'm trying to find one that my 9 year old could wear (I would prefer one of these to a backpack). Any thoughts?

What would your 9 year old prefer? Seems like a good idea to ask him; he'll be carrying it.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
moenjoejr
Earning My Ears

I will check out the WDW ones.

I can't ask my son unfortunately b/c it is a surprise. They aren't finding out until the day before we leave. I was just curious what other kids carry.
moenjoejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

What will they need to carry in them? We are VERY light travelers in the park and I carry at the most a small cross body bag OR my DH will carry a small fanny pack. The boys have never really carried anything. It's never been worth it to us to keep up with an autograph book so out of many trips we have just never done them. Maybe something sporty, like a runner would wear. Remember to have an adult to carry passes, kids are pretty good at leaving bags behind!
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post

What would your 9 year old prefer? Seems like a good idea to ask him; he'll be carrying it.
My 9 year olds would not be happy wearing fanny packs, and would lose a backpack in a heartbeat. Dd14, however, wears his string bag all of the time - it's part of him - lol.

We liked having just one bag at WDW, so we only had one bag to keep track of. DH and I just switched off - it was my old backpack diaper bag, and very comfy.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
laughinplace199
AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs

We bring one backpack to the parks for our family of 5. For us, giving each kid his/her own bag to carry is just asking for something to get lost or forgotten somewhere.

One bag is easy to keep track of and we can hang it one the stroller handles when we don't want to carry it.

laughinplace199 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: