Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
kandie5775
Earning My Ears

June 17 Wonder to Alaska

Hello everyone! I'm new to the DIS boards, but not to DCL. This will be my family's third cruise and I'm really looking forward to meeting up with some other people on board.
Traveling on this trip will be DH, myself, Evelyn (8), and Gavin (3).

Kandie

kandie5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hi Kandie

We are going to be on this cruise as well

It's just me and my DH, we are so looking forward to it!

It's our third cruise as well (all Disney)

Good to have someone to count down the days with
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
Adelynsmom
Earning My Ears

Hi eveyone!!!!!! This will also be our third Disney cruise. :-) It will be my dd (9/10 when we cruise) and me. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Lisa

Adelynsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelynsmom View Post
Hi eveyone!!!!!! This will also be our third Disney cruise. :-) It will be my dd (9/10 when we cruise) and me. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Lisa
Hi Lisa!
Nice to meet you
Seems like ages until our cruise so it's great to have people to count down with
It's our third cruise as well
Roll on June 2013
Linda
Old 10-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
kandie5775
Earning My Ears

Hi Ladies! I'm so excited to meet some people to count down the days with.
My room steward told me about DIS boards, and I can't believe that I haven't found this place before...it's amazing!

Where have your last cruises been? Our first Disney cruise (and first cruise EVER) was October 2011 to the Mexican Riviera and we just got back a couple weeks ago from our California Coast cruise.

Both of our cruises have been out of the Port of LA, which is only about 30 minutes from my house. It made for a really easy and stress-free vacation, especially with a baby. Our next cruise is going to be the first time I've had to fly into town before we ship off...and I'm a little nervous.

Any tips would be super appreciated!

Blessings,
Kandie

kandie5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:36 AM   #7
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandie5775 View Post
Hi Ladies! I'm so excited to meet some people to count down the days with.
My room steward told me about DIS boards, and I can't believe that I haven't found this place before...it's amazing!

Where have your last cruises been? Our first Disney cruise (and first cruise EVER) was October 2011 to the Mexican Riviera and we just got back a couple weeks ago from our California Coast cruise.

Both of our cruises have been out of the Port of LA, which is only about 30 minutes from my house. It made for a really easy and stress-free vacation, especially with a baby. Our next cruise is going to be the first time I've had to fly into town before we ship off...and I'm a little nervous.

Any tips would be super appreciated!

Blessings,
Kandie
Hi Kandie

We have done a three day on the Dream (Nassau and Castaway Cay) just to see if we liked cruising - we did !!

Whilst on board we re-booked a 7 night Western of the Fantasy - wow what a ship

This will be our third cruise and it's obviously very different to our other two

We've never been to Canada so we are really excited to see Vancouver and as soon as I back from my next trip (San Fran & Disneyland next week ) I am going to start some serious planning

Do you think you will do many excursions? - there are so many that sound great
Old 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
MommyB
Earning My Ears

Smile Our first Disney Cruise

This will be our first Disney Cruise. There will be Myself, DH and DD who will be 11 at the time of the cruise. We are looking forward to it.
MommyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #9
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyB View Post
This will be our first Disney Cruise. There will be Myself, DH and DD who will be 11 at the time of the cruise. We are looking forward to it.
Welcome aboard
You are going to love cruising with Disney
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
MommyB
Earning My Ears

We are looking forward to it. DD is excited because she will be able to find kids her own age. We did a Norwegian to Hawaii with family and she did not like the kids club that they had. Although she and my nephew were the only ones in the family to meet the Captain.
MommyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
zweihund
I tagged myself. I'm it.

Joining as well! I'm Erica, I'll be sailing with a big crew. DH is Lionel, DD Isabelle will be 3 1/2 when we sail. We are going with two other couples with a toddler each (one is Izzy's best pal), plus my parents. Should be a hoot!

I started a PTR here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2991753 - like many on the DIS I am a crazy type A planner so I need somewhere to "get out the crazy" so my friends and family won't have me committed.

We've done several cruises with Disney, pretty much evey year since 2005. This will be Lionel's 10th, my 9th (once I was too pregnant to sail and a friend of ours was getting married....so my husband LEFT ME AT HOME to go on a cruise. Isn't that awful? lol) and Isabelle's 4th. We live in Central Florida so we usually sail from Port Canaveral, but we did do Alaska from Vancouver with DCL in 2011.

Can't wait!

Feel free to top by the PTR, or ask anything you want since I've done the itenerary before. I can't answer everything, but I will do my best!
zweihund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:59 AM   #12
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweihund View Post
Joining as well! I'm Erica, I'll be sailing with a big crew. DH is Lionel, DD Isabelle will be 3 1/2 when we sail. We are going with two other couples with a toddler each (one is Izzy's best pal), plus my parents. Should be a hoot!

I started a PTR here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2991753 - like many on the DIS I am a crazy type A planner so I need somewhere to "get out the crazy" so my friends and family won't have me committed.

We've done several cruises with Disney, pretty much evey year since 2005. This will be Lionel's 10th, my 9th (once I was too pregnant to sail and a friend of ours was getting married....so my husband LEFT ME AT HOME to go on a cruise. Isn't that awful? lol) and Isabelle's 4th. We live in Central Florida so we usually sail from Port Canaveral, but we did do Alaska from Vancouver with DCL in 2011.

Can't wait!

Feel free to top by the PTR, or ask anything you want since I've done the itenerary before. I can't answer everything, but I will do my best!
Yay, you're here
I am sure I will have a million questions for you seeing as you have done this itinerary before
Old 02-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #13
DillWaters
Mouseketeer

Just saying "hi". My family and I are going on our first-ever cruise and are looking forward to the sights of Alaska. It will be myself (Aaron), DW (Jodi), DD10, DD6, and a friend of the family that does double-duty as a babysitter.

We booked this cruise last May and I'm very excited to be able to start booking the excursions tonight! (Cat 00S, so we get 120 days)

We plan to do the WPYR train in Skagway, Taku Lodge in Juneau and shopping and lumberjacks in Ketchikan.
DillWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #14
Spart02
Mouseketeer

Excursions excursions excursions! What to do?!

Welcome new members! We are a pretty quiet bunch! Maybe that will change as it gets closer.

I'm having such a tough time deciding what to do as far as excursions go! I was thinking that I really wanted to do a whale watching tour, but those seem to only be offered in Juneau. Taku Lodge looks cool, but that's also in Juneau. My oldest is wanting to do the Teen Exclusive tour, which sounds like fun for him.

We're really not dog fans at all, so Skagway is giving us some troubles. Some of the excursions sound good, but with a 5 year old in our group, choices are more limited. I'm comfortable with leaving her on the ship for a couple of hours, but some of the tours I'm looking at are over 6 hours long. That's too long for us to leave her in the Kids Club. Ziplining is a choice, but I'm not totally sold on that either. I'm worried that I'll feel too fat to be doing it and really have fun! I'm not even close to the weight limit, but still! And once again, we would have to leave my 5 year old on the ship while we do that. If we fly to the Taku lodge in Juneau, I'm not sure I want to also do a helicopter ride in Skagway.

I feel there are too many choices for our group for Juneau and not enough in Skagway! We have people from about 5-65 in our group. I haven't even really looked at Ketchican yet.

Anyone else struggling with excursions?!

May 98 - CBR - Honeymoon
Jan. 02 - Offsite - DoubleTree Club
Jan. 04 - POP
Jan. 06 - POP
Sept. 06 - Disneyland Hotel
Dec. 07 - POP
Jan. 09 - Wilderness Lodge
Jan. 10 - Dreams Villas
Oct. 10 - Dreams Villas
Jan. 12 - Disney Dream Cruise, then Bay Lake Tower
June 13 - Wonder - Alaska!
May 14 - Magic - Transatlantic
Spart02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #15
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spart02
Welcome new members! We are a pretty quiet bunch! Maybe that will change as it gets closer.

I'm having such a tough time deciding what to do as far as excursions go! I was thinking that I really wanted to do a whale watching tour, but those seem to only be offered in Juneau. Taku Lodge looks cool, but that's also in Juneau. My oldest is wanting to do the Teen Exclusive tour, which sounds like fun for him.

We're really not dog fans at all, so Skagway is giving us some troubles. Some of the excursions sound good, but with a 5 year old in our group, choices are more limited. I'm comfortable with leaving her on the ship for a couple of hours, but some of the tours I'm looking at are over 6 hours long. That's too long for us to leave her in the Kids Club. Ziplining is a choice, but I'm not totally sold on that either. I'm worried that I'll feel too fat to be doing it and really have fun! I'm not even close to the weight limit, but still! And once again, we would have to leave my 5 year old on the ship while we do that. If we fly to the Taku lodge in Juneau, I'm not sure I want to also do a helicopter ride in Skagway.

I feel there are too many choices for our group for Juneau and not enough in Skagway! We have people from about 5-65 in our group. I haven't even really looked at Ketchican yet.

Anyone else struggling with excursions?!
I second the welcome to new members
It has been pretty quiet on this thread but as Spart02 says that will probably change as we get closer

Spart02 - I know what you mean about excursions! We went back and forth so many times on what we wanted to do but we have finally decided and now it's killing me waiting until we can book them! (We are silver so have to wait until 90 days out)

We used a couple of criteria when we were choosing. Firstly we didn't want to do something we had done before (e.g. We have been whale watching, all be it in a different location) and we didn't want to do excursions that were so long that we wouldn't have chance to spend time exploring on our own

Most of our excursions are 2 - 3 hours max

We love dogs and really wanted to see Mendenhall so the glacier dog sledding is perfect for Juneau

In Skagway we are doing the White Pass Railway but coming back on the bus, we stop at Liarsville on the way back which looks a bit blah, but we really didn't want to just stay on the train for hours so decided to mix the journey up

In Ketchikan, we have booked an independent tour, a rainforest hike. We love to walk and thought that getting out into the forest with a local guide would be perfect for us

Basically we are going to be spending a lot of time on a ship so a train, helicopter (and dog sledge) plus our own two feet seems to be a nice mix

Just gotta hope they are available now !

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: