Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
imjen
DIS Veteran

MHP--parking, fireworks, favorite dinner questions

I greatly appreciate all the help I've gotten here with this last minute trip! A few questions that I couldn't find answers to in my searches...

Before the halloween party starts, will we be allowed to park with the included parking before 4 to get in the gates by 4? What time would you say we should park and which lot is best?

How long is the fireworks show? How long does it take for the worst of the crowd to clear out of the park and parking lot? Trying to decide if we should be at the front of the pack leaving after fireworks or wait until they clear out. We have an early flight so want to leave by 10:30-45pm or so.

Also, favorite place for dinner? It will be dh and I and a baby. Not wanting to spend more than about $30-35. What time to eat to avoid huge crowds?

And finally (I hope lol) which rides can you do single rider at Disneyland & do you think they will allow that during the party?
Old 10-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjen View Post
I greatly appreciate all the help I've gotten here with this last minute trip! A few questions that I couldn't find answers to in my searches...

Before the halloween party starts, will we be allowed to park with the included parking before 4 to get in the gates by 4? What time would you say we should park and which lot is best?

The large construction signs will most likely direct you to where you will need to be going. It really depends on the amount of traffic for the day. Mickey and Friends is usually the first parking lot to open in the morning, and the first one to close because it is full. Harbor blvd has tons of parking spaces obviously...but you do have to wait for the buses. Other option, which happened to us one night is that we were directed to DD parking and it was free for 3 hrs...we didn't have to pay at all?! Strange but true! Follow the signs. It will be your best bet. If you have a choice, it is easier, and faster to get out on the tram than the bus.

Also, favorite place for dinner? It will be dh and I and a baby. Not wanting to spend more than about $30-35. What time to eat to avoid huge crowds?
There is a counter service right by pirates that is pretty cheap that serves good food. (not BB, it is a little further down right before you get out onto the bridge and main road by rivers of america..can't remember the name. Other option are carts...turkey leg cart is by Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

And finally (I hope lol) which rides can you do single rider at Disneyland & do you think they will allow that during the party?
I believe they will do single rider...though I don't know for sure. Any of them should do it for you. If you are trying to avoid the party section and just go on rides, stay in adventureland, frontierland area.

Sorry, couldn't answer your 2nd question as I have never been to MNSSH before.

me on the way to DL...every time!
rewardsinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Before the halloween party starts, will we be allowed to park with the included parking before 4 to get in the gates by 4?
The free parking with your event ticket should start at 4 pm (if your entry time that day is 4 pm).

What time would you say we should park and which lot is best?
Since your time at the party will be limited because of your early flight the next morning, I would aim to be entering the parking lot by/around 4 pm so that you can go straight into DL. As for which lot is best, that depends. Mickey & Friends has more spaces and the escalators and elevators exit right onto the tram loading area. Toy Story is better if you have issues with escalators or don't want the long waits for an elevator (e.g. if you have a large or multiple strollers). The shuttles load quickly and drop you on the east side of the esplanade.

How long is the fireworks show?
I think it is about 20 minutes or so.

How long does it take for the worst of the crowd to clear out of the park and parking lot?
Depending on the crowds, it can take 20-30 minutes for the bulk of the crowds to leave the park.

Trying to decide if we should be at the front of the pack leaving after fireworks or wait until they clear out. We have an early flight so want to leave by 10:30-45pm or so.
If you decide to be at the front of the pack (toward the Town Square end of Main Street) to get a quicker and easier exit, you will not have the best view of the fireworks. Halloween Screams is meant to be viewed from the hub. But, if you want a better view of the fireworks, you will have to be closer to the castle. Maybe you can compromise and be on Main Street, closer to the hub, but still far enough away to get an easier exit?

Most of the restaurants in the park will close early, so eat during the early entry hours to avoid crowds and to have more choices. We usually split a meal at the Plaza Inn for way less than your budget. Rancho del Zocalo is another fun place to share a meal. Coke Corner is fun for hot dogs and chili bowls, and your baby might like to hear the ragtime pianist.

Don't know the answer to this one. Hope someone else will chime in. But you might want to focus on doing rides (at least the big ones on your list) during the early entry hours, so that you can relax and enjoy the party during the actual party hours. There is no way to get everything done at one party, especially since your time is already limited, so you will have to pick and choose what is most important to you. You know that single rider will be available during the early entry hours, so you could do it then.
Hope this helps! Have a great time!
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
imjen
DIS Veteran

Thanks to both of you!

I'm a bit confused on when I can park with the free parking that comes with my ticket. If the gates open at 4, can I park at around 3:30-3:40pm so we can get to the gates by 4?

It sounds like we would be ok staying until around 10:30pm, which would be about 40 min. after the fireworks. Has anyone left around then and found the trams and parking lot unmanageable or have some of the crowds cleared?

Which rides at DL have single rider?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm a bit confused on when I can park with the free parking that comes with my ticket. If the gates open at 4, can I park at around 3:30-3:40pm so we can get to the gates by 4? ...
Since your free parking begins at 4 pm, I wouldn't try to enter any earlier than that, unless you are willing to pay the parking fee. It really is up to the CM at the parking booth to decide whether to let you in earlier than the time on your party ticket, and arriving 30 minutes earlier than your stated time is asking a lot. You really shouldn't run into any problems being at the parking structure or lot at 4 pm or very shortly after that. It won't cost you tons of party time, if that is what's worrying you. Often times the CMs at the gates aren't even fully set up for party guests exactly at 4 pm, so if you arrive at 4, park and take the tram, the party turnstiles should be up and running well by the time you go through.

If you leave at 10:30, there shouldn't be any big problems with the trams or the parking structure/lot. At worst, you might have to wait for a 2nd tram, but that will only take a few minutes.

Is the info for single rider lines on the Disneyland website?
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Carpgirl
Mouseketeer

Hi

Looks from this map as if it's Matterhorn Bobsleds & Splash Mountain which are single rider.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....959331&page=56
Carpgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
imjen
DIS Veteran

Thanks again, theluckyrabbit. Sounds like it will work out fine. Thanks for letting me know about the SR's, carpgirl. I was hoping Space Mtn or BTMRR was one but oh well. Hopefully they will still let us do baby swap during the party.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: