Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
leahsmom0813
Mouseketeer

Photo Mat ?

Do I leave it at guest service, do I have to leave pens/markers too.
leahsmom0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
anc876
Mouseketeer

Yes, leave it at guest services in some kind of clear bag with sharpies and maybe a few treats for the signers. They will place a label on it with preferred orientation, what signatures are desired (Mickey and gang, Princesses or both), name and stateroom #. If your frame covers a bit of the edge of the mat, put easily removable tape around it or request 2" margins or whatever so they don't sign areas that will be covered. Do this early on in the cruise and they will have it back by the night before you leave.
anc876 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
leahsmom0813
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anc876 View Post
Yes, leave it at guest services in some kind of clear bag with sharpies and maybe a few treats for the signers. They will place a label on it with preferred orientation, what signatures are desired (Mickey and gang, Princesses or both), name and stateroom #. If your frame covers a bit of the edge of the mat, put easily removable tape around it or request 2" margins or whatever so they don't sign areas that will be covered. Do this early on in the cruise and they will have it back by the night before you leave.
thank you
leahsmom0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

From the August 11, 2012 Eastern Caribbean Fantasy:

SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
zacaronius
Earning My Ears

We left our mat and markers at the desk on the first day and to our surprise we had early the next night sitting in our room! It was so cool and my DW had fun trying to copy the signatures!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
Ljbadfan
table #71

and dont forget to tell them all the characters. cause if you just say mickey and gang and princesses, thats what you get. but if there is other characters on the ship say pinocchio it wont be on your mat. just make sure you request all characters.
Ljbadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
crzy4dals
DIS Veteran

and do not get overly upset if something is not exactly like you wanted. I dropped 2 off this past week - one for princesses only with colored sharpies.... one for mickey and gang with a black marker. I got back 2 with both signed with the gang and princesses... all colored markers....

I will try again next time. I have read on here where people get way to upset. It is free!!!!

Have a great cruise.

Grandvilla Boardwalk June 28th, 2011**French Quarter and Old Key West for Christmas! ** Dream Cruise - April 10. 2012 ** Pixar Cruise - September 23, 2012 ** Food and Wine October 2012 ** Christmas at OKW 2012 ** Spring Break BLT** June Parent getaway at Caribbean Beach**Aug 1 2013 Niece's 1st cruise
crzy4dals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
epfootballcutie04
DiSnEy PrInCeSs

will they only accept it if it's in some sort of clear bag?!? I have a 16X20 size matte for an 8X10 photo and it won't fit in a zip lock... the markers are in a ziplock though...
Contemporary *1st time to Disney!*- 92...Poly/Wonder Cruise- 01...Sailing on the Magic- 05...Going Home! SSR/OKW- 06...SSR- 07...Pop!- 09...**Disney College Program Spring Advantage!**- 09...All Star Music- 09...SSR/MNSSHP- 10...All Star Movies *Wedding Planning!*- 11...**Married my Prince Charming at WDW!**- Nov 11..Disney Dream- Oct 12...Disney Fantasy MutinEARS- Nov 13...Rockin the Dock Fantasy Sailing- Oct 14

Disney Fantasy Trip Report: November 2nd-9th 2013:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222476
epfootballcutie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
GromMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by epfootballcutie04 View Post
will they only accept it if it's in some sort of clear bag?!? I have a 16X20 size matte for an 8X10 photo and it won't fit in a zip lock... the markers are in a ziplock though...
They took mine in a Michael's bag, but it was in a clear sleeve, I only had it in a bag because I added two chocolate bars. The man at guest services was going to give me back the bag when he patted the chocolate bars and gave me a knowing nod and took the bag.
It was returned to me two nights before we got home.
GromMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: