Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
JohnneeO
Earning My Ears

MK Parking & the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Classic

I see the folllowing note on the event page CMNHC

"Parking is complimentary in the Magic Kingdom parking lot. Busses will shuttle patrons from the parking lot to the golf course."

Seems to good to be true. Pull up to the MK Parking plaza, park in the golf parking, then take the tram over to the TTC, and Voila! Free MK parking for the day!

Does anyone have experience with this? Is the golf parking physically separated from the regular MK parking? I could even imagine that Disney would set up dedicated booths at the toll plaza, and that after passing through to the golf parking there are barrriers to prevent driving or even walking over to the MK parking and/or the TTC.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

They have a special lot that they direct you too. I can't remember if you have to have the golf ticket or not, but either way....
It's a lot that is VERY far from TTC and the bus picks you up there. The trams don't go there that day so.....they would probably stop you if tried to walk to the MK and ask you what you thougth you were doing LOL!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
JohnneeO
Earning My Ears

I do not think you would need a golf ticket to park. I have seen complimentary ticket offers for both resort guests and Disney Reward Visa card holders that instruct you to go directly to Will Call, and then show your room key or Visa card to retreive the complimentary tickets.

So the lot is far from TTC but is it close enough to walk to an active tram stop?

Is there bike parking at the TTC? Maybe we could bring our bikes, and then just bike from our car in the golf lot to the TTC! Lol
Old 10-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnneeO View Post
I do not think you would need a golf ticket to park. I have seen complimentary ticket offers for both resort guests and Disney Reward Visa card holders that instruct you to go directly to Will Call, and then show your room key or Visa card to retreive the complimentary tickets.

So the lot is far from TTC but is it close enough to walk to an active tram stop?

Is there bike parking at the TTC? Maybe we could bring our bikes, and then just bike from our car in the golf lot to the TTC! Lol
Time to quit trying to scam Disney. Maybe you should just do the right thing?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
JohnneeO
Earning My Ears

Whoa! Where's the scam? Disney itself is actually offering free parking in the MK lot. I am just trying to understand how it operates, and find out if it offers any value to me during an upcoming visit.

I am also trying to find out if anyone one this board has had an actual experience with attending the tournament and parking in the MK lot, or if anyone has parked in the regular MK lot to visit the MK during the tournament week. I am hoping these members will respond and provide some insight as to what I might actually encounter.

The 'right thing' is for me to be prepared before I arrive. I would hate to arrive thinking that I could park for free at the MK by using the golf parking, but then find out I could not, or to have paid a parking fee that I could have avoided paying by using the golf parking.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Whoa! Where's the scam? Disney itself is actually offering free parking in the MK lot. I am just trying to understand how it operates, and find out if it offers any value to me during an upcoming visit.
Disney itself is actually offering free parking in the MK lot, to those attending the charity golf event.

There you go, fixed the sentence for you. And, in case you were being serious with your question about "Where's the scam?", that is where the scam is in your proposal.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
dudspizza
I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I have become the craziest of them all!

Quote:

I am also trying to find out if anyone one this board has had an actual experience with attending the tournament and parking in the MK lot, or if anyone has parked in the regular MK lot to visit the MK during the tournament week. I am hoping these members will respond and provide some insight as to what I might actually encounter.

The 'right thing' is for me to be prepared before I arrive. I would hate to arrive thinking that I could park for free at the MK by using the golf parking, but then find out I could not, or to have paid a parking fee that I could have avoided paying by using the golf parking.
Tell you right now, this is not the place to be coming to try to scam the system at Disney. The Transportation vets get very ugly when people come here for a way around the system.

If you are going to the golf tournament, enjoy the free parking. If you are going to MK, then pay the fee and move on. It's that simple.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:

Unless you're going to the golf tournament, it offers you no value.

The "right thing" for you to do is pay the parking fee if you're an off-site guest.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: