DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
ninjagirl
Mouseketeer

DVC & DDP Pricing

Hey guys,

We put in a bid for a DVC resale contract and are hopefully in our last week of waiting for our ROFR decision (it was for BLT so we're pretty confident it will be approved) and are planning a trip for this February. Does anyone know how much it costs to purchase the DDP through membership services once our points are loaded and we're able to book? (We know this won't happen until late early to mid November but want to start thinking and saving now.) I've read up on the rules that everyone has to be on it etc but I can't seem to find a cost. Thanks!

Last edited by ninjagirl; 10-03-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typo
ninjagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
drusba

DIS Veteran

Just look up the regular cost of the dining plans to any resort quests, it is the same for DVC (there is no special DVC discount).

Be aware that if you will be trying for a February trip to BLT by reserving in early Nov, you face a risk of not getting anything you want at BLT because you are reserving so late and you may have to accept something at a resort such as SSR that is not close to a park.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

You may want to look into getting a Tables in Wonderland card instead. It gives you 20% off food and drink, including alcohol, at most full-serve WDW restaurants as well as the Value Resort food courts and Animal Kingdom quick service locations. Also, it allows you to order just what you want, rather than being locked into an entree/dessert/beverage at every meal. We find we do much better with TIW than with the dining plan.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
bigtony777
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
You may want to look into getting a Tables in Wonderland card instead. It gives you 20% off food and drink, including alcohol, at most full-serve WDW restaurants as well as the Value Resort food courts and Animal Kingdom quick service locations. Also, it allows you to order just what you want, rather than being locked into an entree/dessert/beverage at every meal. We find we do much better with TIW than with the dining plan.
I will second this recommendation. Go with the TIW card instead of the dining plan. The deluxe dining plan is advertised as saving UP TO 25%. The TIW card WILL save you 20%.

Upcoming: 11/14 - BWV (W&D 1/2), 12/14 - AKV

2014: July - BWV, Mar - BLT, Jan - VGC
2013: Dec - AS Sports/BWV , Nov - BWV(W&D 1/2), June - BWV/BCV, ), Mar - BLT/Fantasy Western Caribbean, Jan - BWV (Goofy)
2012: Nov - BWV (W&D 1/2), Aug - Offsite (Disneyland 1/2), June - BCV/WLV, Mar - AKV
2011: Dec - Pop/AS Movies, Nov - Pop, Oct - Dream Bahamas Cruise, BCV (W&D 1/2), July - Pop, June - Offsite, April - Pop
2010: Oct – Wilderness Lodge, AS Music (W&D 1/2), July – Caribbean Beach, April - Pop
2009: Dec – Offsite, Nov - Caribbean Beach, Oct - Coronado Springs, April - Pop
2008: July - Offsite
bigtony777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What she said...We bought Ap's & all our friends did the DDP, we bought the TiW for $75 through AP....Note : $100 for DVC.

Also I'm hoping your going to take advantage of the PAP...for $399 tooo.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2769703

Peak season pricing does not apply to DVC reservations.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
ninjagirl
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the warning about BLT but we're okay with wherever we end up. We had some banked points that we have to burn or lose so where we stay isn't as important as not losing the points. We're find with whatever but it doesn't seem to be full yet so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks also for the TiW card. We've looked into that and I'm just wondering if it makes sense. I added up what we would eat on DDP and it seems to be a little bit less actually to go with DDP than to buy TiW. In addition, you have to spend $375 before we break even on TiW which is a cost I had rolled into it and evaluated as well. I need to sit down and make a spreadsheet for comparison which is why I was asking for the pricing but thanks guys for leading me in the right direction.
ninjagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree! I think the TIW card is the way to go!!
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: