Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
littleolliesmom
Earning My Ears

Exclamation GF Spa and SS Spa NEW information

If you havent heard, I just wanted to let you guys know that all the spas on Disney property are going to be operated by Disney now. They were being run by a third party. Since the GF spa has closed, they are completely remodeling the spa. So it will be completely brand new and beautiful. Also, I'm very excited about this, Disney will be taking over and running the spas. No more third party company! Disney had been getting so many complaints about the spa customer service that they decided to end their contract with them and run everything themselves. This means NEW staff, new menu new everything! Im a massge therapist and have applied for the GF spa and hope to be working there soon. They said it would reopen before christmas. Once the GF spa is up and running they will be closing down Saratoga Springs spa for a remodel as well and hire all new staff. They want both spas to provide exceptional service. So remember if you had a horrible experience before, things will be different. I will post any new information I hear. When they will be taking appointments, new menu offerings and if I got the job! Lots of good news coming soon!
littleolliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Great news. Back when the spa at the Disney Institute was run by Disney, I had the best reflexology treatment ever.

However, I loved the beauticians I came to know through the years at the GF and Y&BC. Maybe they will be hired by Disney? At any rate, the way the owners moved them around in recent years was a disappointment to those of us who were sort of "regulars."

Good luck to you!
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
Forever Fairy
Spreading Some Pixie Dust

Thanks for the update. I had been to both and had terrible service. So much so that I have since ended up scheduling sessions for the Spa at the Dolphin instead.

Once they are done, I may just try them again.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #4
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

thanks for the update.. I just hope that they keep the grapefruit shower gels at the GF spa... I loved them!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
Andreak0428
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
thanks for the update.. I just hope that they keep the grapefruit shower gels at the GF spa... I loved them!!!
me too! I have a little left in the bottle from my last visit! its not even available in the store online!
08 Contemporary Resort May 09 Pop Century
August 09 Contemporary Resort Feb 10 Caribbean Beach
August 10 Caribbean Beach July 11 Port Orleans Riverside
August 12 Polynesian June 13 Wilderness Lodge
October 14 Coronado Springs

Andreak0428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

Great news. My DD and I will plan to get pedis while we are there next year.

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
The Fox Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: