DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Reservation help - I have confused myself!

Everytime I think I understand how things work I get myself confused again! We are looking to try for a reservation at HHI for next summer. We can go most any time from May through September. Mid October is the first time the 7 month window opens for our dates. We have a December UY. I have 50 points left in the 2012 UY. I already borrowed 100 points from my 2012 UY. Am I correct in thinking that come mid October I can only book a reservation using my 50 points? If I wait until December 1st I could use the 50 points in the 2012 UY and borrow 100 for the 2013 UY?

Assuming my statements above are correct can I book using the 50 points and still be able to cancel my reservation later and bank those points?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
Everytime I think I understand how things work I get myself confused again! We are looking to try for a reservation at HHI for next summer. We can go most any time from May through September. Mid October is the first time the 7 month window opens for our dates. We have a December UY. I have 50 points left in the 2012 UY. I already borrowed 100 points from my 2012 UY. Am I correct in thinking that come mid October I can only book a reservation using my 50 points? If I wait until December 1st I could use the 50 points in the 2012 UY and borrow 100 for the 2013 UY?

Assuming my statements above are correct can I book using the 50 points and still be able to cancel my reservation later and bank those points?
I thought that as long as the reservation was after your 2012 UY, you would be able to borrow from your 2013 UY? It doesn't matter when you make the reservation. It's when you stay and actually use the points that counts.

I'm not sure why you would want to bank the 2012 points into your 2013 UY. If you do that, you would not be able to use them for a reservation that starts before Dec. 2013.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
gripp35
Mouseketeer

The UY and points are only in relation to the dates of your reservation. Since you'll be staying during May-Sept 2013, you will be using 2012 points and borrowed 2013 UY points. This has nothing to do with when you actually MAKE the reservation. Do NOT wait until December to make your reservation (unless of course you decide not to go until July). You can start making reservation for next May NOW, using your 50 2012 & any/all borrowed-2013 points...

Edited to change "banked" to "borrowed"...
Old 10-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

the first thing to do is figure out what use year your stay takes place in:

a may 2013 stay and a sept 2013 stay would both take place in your 2012 UY (dec 1, 2012 to nov 30, 2013).

when you are staying in your 2012 UY, you have access to banked 2011 UY pts (if any) + current 2012 UY pts (current based on the dates of the stay - that sounds like your 50 pts) + borrowed 2013 UY pts (if needed).

you would need to cancel more than a month in advance (or the pts turn into "holding pts") and prior to july 31 (when your banking window closes) - if you do both of those things, your 50 pts from the 2012 UY can be banked into 2013. any banked or borrowed pts cannot be moved again and will expire at the end of your 2012 UY.

as stated, your UY has nothing at all to do with when you can call to book.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! I am so glad I asked! I think I get it now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: