Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

What time do you go to bed?

Went on a cruise (not on Disney) to Alaska, amazed how early folks went to bed. Even on a seas day. Pretty quiet after 10 pm. First cruise I took 30 years ago, the night club didn't even open until 1:30 am.

Just seems to me that people are going to bed earlier. Are you?

I should note, I have never had a "normal" work schedule, thus my sleep schedule has never been normal. 25 years of working 11 pm to 7 am and sleeping 9 am to 5 pm, and these days due to my work schedule (and that of my wife) normal bed time during the week is 7 pm.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

On a normal day, usually around midnight.

On weekends, as late as 3am... sometimes later

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
jujube
DIS Veteran

Between 3-5 am is my usual time. My children are grown and I sleep until 11 am.
jujube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
BreeBree
Earning My Ears

Whenever I'm allowed to! I've been struggling with my DD at bedtime and it's definitely limiting the amount of sleep I get. Most nights I'm in bed at around 1am, I cherish a good nap every once in awhile!

~Past Trips~
WDW Wilderness Lodge Engagement Trip 2006 , DCL/WDW Grand Floridian Disneymoon 2007, WDW Wilderness Lodge 2008, DL Grand Californian 2009, DLP Hotel New York 2010, WDW Grand Floridian 2011, DCL/WDW Polynesian 2012

Me(25)DH(38) DS(6)DS(5)DD(3)DD(2 months)

BreeBree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #5
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

I usually go to sleep around midnight and get up around 8. I'm not a morning person. I can go to bed earlier, but I still wake up about 8 Even if I go to sleep at 10 (and I always fall right asleep) I still don't wake up until 8. I have always been an excellent sleeper. My mother said she got some advice when she was pregnant with me that she should make lots of noise while I slept so I would learn to sleep well! She says she would come in my room and vacuum under my crib and make various other noises while I slept. Judging from the number of my friends who post things on fb about all the trouble they have sleeping I sure am thankful to whoever gave her that wonderful advise
Old 10-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchulka View Post
My mother said she got some advice when she was pregnant with me that she should make lots of noise while I slept so I would learn to sleep well! She says she would come in my room and vacuum under my crib and make various other noises while I slept. Judging from the number of my friends who post things on fb about all the trouble they have sleeping I sure am thankful to whoever gave her that wonderful advise
I think my mom got the same advice. During my many years of sleeping 9 am to 5 pm I slept through them putting a new roof on my house and them buidling an addition on the back of my house.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #7
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I am normally in bed by 10:00 but thanks to the iPad I stay up way to late. Most of the time I am asleep by 1 am. I get up at 6:00 am.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #8
ladypage
And that's how the story about me sleeping with the entire Polish national basketball team started

Normally not before 2 am. Often around 5 or 6 in the morning.

Former Epcot CM

PROUD MEMBER OF
GIRAFFE WATCH 2012

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009176
ladypage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #9
superme80
DIS Veteran

I had horrible insomnia with DS #2 and DH is a night owl. I am normally in bed by 2 am. Other nights around 4 or 5 am. Thankfully coffee keeps me going.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 11 months old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #10
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

I go to bed around 10...........same as I almost always have.
I get up at 5:30.

Pretty much the same on cruises............maybe to bed a bit later.
I do love the ships in the early morning, so quiet and peaceful and great chance to take pictures without people in them.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #11
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Usually between 11-1 and I have to get up at 6:30. The time/weather changes always mess with me and I'm really tired lately, no matter how much sleep I get. Normally, 6 hours is about right then I have one good sleep in on the weekend and I'm good to go.

I despise getting up early but darn kids have to get to school. And when I eventually stop working from home and start commuting again, I'll have to be functional at that time.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #12
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchulka View Post
I usually go to sleep around midnight and get up around 8. I'm not a morning person. I can go to bed earlier, but I still wake up about 8 Even if I go to sleep at 10 (and I always fall right asleep) I still don't wake up until 8. I have always been an excellent sleeper. My mother said she got some advice when she was pregnant with me that she should make lots of noise while I slept so I would learn to sleep well! She says she would come in my room and vacuum under my crib and make various other noises while I slept. Judging from the number of my friends who post things on fb about all the trouble they have sleeping I sure am thankful to whoever gave her that wonderful advise
I so agree my parents went on with their lives when we napped. I noticed it was bad with nieces and nephew who couldn't sleep for nothing when we were just doing normal things while they napped.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

For me it's all over the board on when I crash for night. I'd say norm is 11p on cruise more like 1a. up 6-7 on cruise here at home 9a. I used to work graveyard and DH did when we were first married.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #14
ilovepcot
Caused the first ever Tag Fairy thread edit for being naughty
Should be publicly Dole Whipped
Makes a scrumptious pot roast
Don't stick it out if you don't want to lose it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujube View Post
Between 3-5 am is my usual time. My children are grown and I sleep until 11 am.
Same here.
ilovepcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #15
novajeanjellybean
One day my prince will come........

Normally between 12-2 am with 12 am being early. I am also not a morning person but should be up around 8 every morning. I rarely make 8, 8:30 am is the average. I have 1 day off per week and I can easily sleep in until 11 am or later. I also nap on my day off or if I get off early. I love to sleep!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: