Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
jeskat
Mouseketeer

We are home - Highs and Lows

Hi all well got home from our first ever disney trip about an hour ago, Bags all piled in the Kitchen!!!!

Had am amazing trip, girls loved it, bit gobsmacked when they met characters!!

Will do a trip report but here are some highs and lows

HIGHS

Disneyland Hotel - Perfect really worth the money, so close to parks, staff lovely and very attentive, Breakfast was amaing.

Meals - Silver Spur, Inventions, Auberge, Cafe Mickey all Faultless, food was great, and so glad we booked many people got turned away, the character meals were great for the kids, got some great interactions, especially when the girls gave some of the characters some pictures they made, will do more in trippie.

Characters - some random charcter meets, met malificent, she was great got a good photo of her with girls and Cinderellas Step mother (cant remeber name) was outside auberge when we left she was great with DD1 dressed as cinderella!!!

Parade - Loved it made it feel really magical

Paris Day trip - Got up the Eiffel Tower, we couldnt get tickets but our tour guide managed to get some at the last minute, a very nice suprise for us on the day.

Weather - Sun shone the whole time, couldnt have asked for better, One hour of rain this morning but that was it

LOWS

People - WOW nothing prepared me for how rude some people are, one women elbowed me in the face and pushed girls out the way for a character meet then asked me to take her photo!! Another tried to start a fight with me, punched me in the back because it was my fault she didnt get a good view of the parade, not my fault we held our place for ages this women turned up at the last minute pushing people, and stood behind a bin and several other people

We didnt let it ruin our day but i was a bit stunned at how brutal some adults can be in Disneyland!!!

Dreams - Never seen much we thought we had a good spot but when it started everyone apperead in front of us, and some had kids on shoulders, and am quite small so even with one of my DDs on my shoulders it was useless, we gave up!!

Thats about all our lows, and to be fair none are anything to do with Disney, am sure I have much more but will do a proper trip report when i get organised.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Welcome back!!! Glad you had a great trip, will look forward to your tr!

Such a shame when other people don't behave :-(

At least you will have to go back so you can see Dreams properly!!!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

I agree about the Disneyland Hotel we stayed there for the second time earlier this month, it makes the holiday so much more enjoyable.

If you have nice weather it really is the icing on the cake, I know what you mean about the breakfast too, awesome.

Unfortunatley the busier the park the more rude people you will get, and it's people from different countries.
That said there are odd people everywhere these days, even your local supermarket in the UK!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Welcome back. I'm glad you didn't let all those rude people ruin your magical trip.
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:16 AM   #5
jeskat
Mouseketeer

Thanks the trip really was wonderful and i would tell anyone if they can to stay at the disneyland hotel!! Forgot to mention in my highs, the rides our first one was BTM ha ha what a way to break the kids in they were screaming for more, DH got off and vowed never again!!! Snow white we got special access as kate was dressed as snow white and got to stay on twice despite the queue, couldnt have asked for better!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskat View Post
Thanks the trip really was wonderful and i would tell anyone if they can to stay at the disneyland hotel!! Forgot to mention in my highs, the rides our first one was BTM ha ha what a way to break the kids in they were screaming for more, DH got off and vowed never again!!! Snow white we got special access as kate was dressed as snow white and got to stay on twice despite the queue, couldnt have asked for better!!!
Yep there was some screaming when we went on BTM, some of it I can't quote in here.

You are right about the Disneyland Hotel, might sound snobbish but I wouldn't go back unless we stayed there, it just adds another dimension to the holiday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: