Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
MissSkellington
Of cabbages and kings...

EMH and rides?

Would someone kindly explain a few things about EMH to me, please?

I've seen the hours listed for during our stay onsite...but how does it work? Do you choose a day during your stay, or is it limitless visits during your stay?

And it's my understanding that it's a select few rides? Are there certain rides that are usually open, or does it vary? And is it just for the park, or the studios as well?

Thank you!!
*WDW 2005 - POP (April) *DLR 2008 (May) - offsite
*DLR 2008 (Oct) - offsite *DLR 2009 (Dec) - offsite
*WDW 2011 (Feb) POR *1st DLRP 2012 (Nov) SL
*DLRP 2013 (Feb) NPBC *DLRP 2013 (June) DLH
*DLRP 2013 (Oct) SL *DLRP 2013 (Nov) HNY *DLRP 2014 (Jan) DLH
MissSkellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
figaro2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSkellington
Would someone kindly explain a few things about EMH to me, please?

I've seen the hours listed for during our stay onsite...but how does it work? Do you choose a day during your stay, or is it limitless visits during your stay?

And it's my understanding that it's a select few rides? Are there certain rides that are usually open, or does it vary? And is it just for the park, or the studios as well?

Thank you!!
You just go to the entrance of the park and I think you show your hotel easy pass and you will be let in, you can go as many days as you want to! It's normally fantasy land and discovery land and in my experience the first hour is normally quite quiet so you can get quite a few rides done. We use the time to have multiple goes on buzz or the dark rides in fantasyland where the queues can build up quite quick during the day and the rides are relatively short so not always worth the queue time, you could be queuing for something better. Good time to do Peter pan too as the queue for that is often ridiculous!
figaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

If EMH is on every morning of your stay, you can go into the park every morning of your stay if you want to.

Its the main park only unless advertised ages in advance (because EMH in the Studios is pretty rare). The best EMH hour is 8am to 9am, you can ride the rides which are open pretty much with no queuing, as many times as you like.

Its only Discoveryland and Fantasyland which open for EMH (plus Main St USA). And only certain rides in those 2 lands.
Its generally Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast, Space Mountain, and Orbitron in Discoveryland, and Peter Pans Flight, Dumbo, Teacups, Carousel, and possibly (but certainly not always) Snow Whites ride or Pinocchio ride in Fantasyland.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

The website will show whether it is the park or studios. Usually it is just Disneyland Park.

The rides open usually include Buzz Ride, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Star Tours, Tea Cups and the Carousel from memory.

If a ride is closed (like I think Tea Cups is next month) then they should open something else. Once we went and Dumbo was closed so they opened It's a Small World instead.

Your Hotel Easy-Access Pass will get you in as it shows you are staying on-site.

The other lands are closed until rope drop which is usually at 10am.

It is a great opportunity to get some photos of Main Street and the Castle without hundreds of people in them!!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
Hipster Meg
Mouseketeer

For me the best rides to do in EMH's are Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain and Dumbo as these rides tend to get busy later on. If you can get there early enough you can have the park more or less to yourself and it's a lovely time to get pictures of the castle without the crowds. You can go every morning you're there (if you can drag yourself out of bed early enough!) and some mornings you can get breakfast in the park.

http://roadtowdw.blogspot.co.uk/ My blog about planning our Disney trip (and other random stuff)
Hipster Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Ooohh, I forgot about Space Mountain - but I think it's closed when we go anyway
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #7
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Can you still go in two hours early with the Dream AP?
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
Can you still go in two hours early with the Dream AP?
Yes and also with the Fantasy

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: