Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
yeti5353
Mouseketeer

how safe is your stuff in the parks?

my daughter is determined to bring a dressed build a bear with her in the parks. obviously some of the time it would not be able to go on the rides and have to wait in her wheelchair. Or on a lounger at discovery cove. How likely is it that someone would take it if we left it unattended?

Wishes, Stitch, dolphins and other mischief. A wish trip in the works
yeti5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
mummabear
DIS Veteran

Most people are honest but with the amount of people that visit chances are some aren't. I have forgotton my camera attached to the stroller and thankfully it was still there when we returned but personally I would not leave anything I wasnt willing to part with.
I would think the bear could go on all the rides though, maybe in a bag?
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

The bear can go on ALL the rides, my son took an elmo with him everywhere. We have left a hat on his stroller and a blanket in the basket and we've never had a problem. I don't know about discovery cove, but i think a bear would be fine, the only one who would steal it would be a child and hopefully a parent would be there to tell them not too. You could put him in a locker at discovery cove so he wouldn't get wet.

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't trust leaving it out in the open. Find some way to hide it or carry it with you.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

I'd hide it. We had our camcorder stolen off our stroller while on a ride a few years back. Last year my DD left her Jessie doll in the stroller, when we were walking back we saw a little girl grab it and by the time get mom noticed, she didn't know where she grabbed it from, and just tossed it onto a wall. So, either way, I would put it out of sight.

2014 CBR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

It's just as safe as in any other public place, which is not very. Never leave anything valuable unattended. Have her leave this in your hotel room or take it with you on rides.
lost*in*cyberspace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

We had a Duffy bear with us that went on all the rides in Epcot. It's no problem to take the bear on rides. I wouldn't leave anything unattended.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
hfuellgraf
DisneyMOM

I think if you cover it with a blanket or tuck away it should be fine....We've never had any problems.
00-All star Movies Buzz; 03-All Star Movies Woody; 04-All star Movies Dalmations; 05 All Star Movies Buzz; 06-All star Sports; 07-CBR; 08-All star Movies- Fantasia;12-All star Movies-Dalmations Planning March-13-All star Movies OR AoA Cars Suite
hfuellgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #9
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw4rfam View Post
I'd hide it. We had our camcorder stolen off our stroller while on a ride a few years back. Last year my DD left her Jessie doll in the stroller, when we were walking back we saw a little girl grab it and by the time get mom noticed, she didn't know where she grabbed it from, and just tossed it onto a wall. So, either way, I would put it out of sight.
Awww, sorry about your camcorder. And as for the doll, i wonder why the mom didn't turn the doll into Lost and Found.

We have fortunately never had any things stolen out of our stollers. But I would definitely stuff the toy into a backpack and out of sight....
Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #10
OurMinnieFamily
Mouseketeer

I think it's easy to think "It's Disney, nothing bad will happen" .... but people are people and do and will steal. I'd either put it under and cover it or leave it in the room.
OurMinnieFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #11
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurMinnieFamily View Post
I think it's easy to think "It's Disney, nothing bad will happen" .... but people are people and do and will steal. I'd either put it under and cover it or leave it in the room.
+1

We have never had a bad experience with forgetting valuables ie cameras, blankets, bags. I like to think at Disney you are ok, but won't put it past anyone to grab and go. We take care of our stuff, so we leave nothing to "chance."

Assuming the bear is the size of a small backpack, you can probably take it on every ride. No need to hide it, just keep it with you at all times.
WDW Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
kmb584
DIS Veteran

DD has taken a stuffed animal on rides without issue. I've left things in her stroller before as well as her diaper bag and *knock on wood* nothing has ever been stolen. I wouldn't leave anything valuable, whether that be monetary or sentimental, unattended though - it may be WDW but some people will make off with whatever is "free" for the taking.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #13
garjanjones
Mouseketeer

We've never had anything stolen. But here is a little way to hide the stuffed animal. After having our stroller soaked by a mid-afternoon storm and carrying DS the rest of the day we learned to put a poncho over the stoller while on a ride. This hid everything in the stroller. Condiser doing this for your wheelchair. I doube anyone will take the time to remove the poncho to see what is in the chair.
garjanjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by garjanjones
We've never had anything stolen. But here is a little way to hide the stuffed animal. After having our stroller soaked by a mid-afternoon storm and carrying DS the rest of the day we learned to put a poncho over the stoller while on a ride. This hid everything in the stroller. Condiser doing this for your wheelchair. I doube anyone will take the time to remove the poncho to see what is in the chair.
Unless someone takes the poncho for themselves.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #15
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Never leave anything out and unattended that you wouldn't miss if went missing. If your child will be unconsolable if the bear was gone, leave it at the resort.

Not everyone who shows up at the parks is totally honest.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: