Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

The No Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we're at it TR

Ok before I get going if you want to know more about who I am or who the cast is you can read the PTR here.

So let's get going!!

Details: Vacation is from Sept 13-Oct1 ( yep I am still not home). We would be at The Boardwalk Inn Sept 15th and 16 and POFQ Sept 17-27. We were due to arrive in the Orlando Area on Sept 14th but had not made any reservations because that's just how we roll!

Ok ready??

Day 1.. we are outta here!

So originally we planned to leave on Sunday the 16th..but between the room only discount I got at the Boardwalk and our desire to just LEAVE we ended up heading out on Sept 13th.The few days before we had major drama and it was iffy if we were even going to be heading down on time!

For this leg of the trip it was just Eric, Myself and the 3 littles. Now mind you..we drive.. its about 21 hours driving time..oh and I do NOT drive on the highway.. and I am the worlds worst passenger. So before the trip I bought a big bottle of Fireball Whisky and filled a flask..yep.. I did. It was def a huge help! So when you see me refer to Fireball.. you are now in the know!

7am on Sept 13th Noah went off to work.. 8am we finished showering and loading the kids up:

We had a really easy drive..well for Eric..me.. the first 3 hours of the drive resulted in about 6 shots of Whisky..don't judge ( LMAO)..

This bridge alone was a 2 shot deal..

7 hours in and the kids are still troopers..I swear they complain more in the 5 mile drive to Walmart than they do on the 1250 mile drive to Disney!

Potty stop and we decided to let them play tag for about 20 minutes in the dark..

We loaded em back up and headed on down the road..

Day 2.. we arrive!!

after 23 hours in ( and out) of the car we were close..

after horrific traffic getting past Orlando we arrived in the Downtown Disney area.We had no reservations anywhere...

We decided to try one of the 7 Downtown area resorts.. Doubletree Suites.. The kids and I stayed in the car and I sent Eric in to see if they had a room for us..mind you it was like 8am..lol.. they DID! It was $89 for a one bedroom suite.. and it was ready..score! Bonus they give ya warm cookies when you check in too!

we got settled then walked to Downtown and had Earl of Sandwich.. I forgot the camera this day...we walked around then came back and napped..

We took the kids swimming, where I had the worst Rum n Coke ever..yuck, walked back to DTD..came in and crashed...Mind you we had to avoid the hard sell on timeshare guy every time we went into the lobby..but we managed to!Plan was to be up and out of the room by 7:30 and head off to The Boardwalk!!

Up Next..We go Deluxe!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
Old 09-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Great report so far, thanks

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Wow i cna' tbelieve you all did that long drive in one shot. Kudos to ya. Did my eyes deceive me or is your vacation almost one month long? Score if it is.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you drove that far in one shot to. Now I don't feel so bad about us making two stops along the way coming back home on our upcoming trip. We have 1800 miles to drive and are making three stops to Orlando. I don't think my kids would last over 11 hours in a car. Your kids look so well behaved. Your pictures are great, can't wait to read more. ((I love Disney Road trip TR's)) I"m so jealous you're there right now.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Joining in
Old 10-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I can't believe you drove that far in one shot to. Now I don't feel so bad about us making two stops along the way coming back home on our upcoming trip. We have 1800 miles to drive and are making three stops to Orlando. I don't think my kids would last over 11 hours in a car. Your kids look so well behaved. Your pictures are great, can't wait to read more. ((I love Disney Road trip TR's)) I"m so jealous you're there right now.

Mine are ANGELS in the car..seriously..they are better behaved for the 17 hours to GA or the 23ish to FL than they are on the 8 min drive to Walmart..lol

Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

We go Deluxe !

Saturday morning (9/15/12) we got up early.. I had done online check in for The Boardwalk and told them I'd be there by 8am..and I meant it! I was so hoping our room would be ready. we grabbed the few things we had in the room at DoubleTree and headed out. It was an easy drive and before too long I got to see this:

If anyone else was driving by at the same time they saw a 37 year old in the front seat of a mini van squealing and bouncing with delight..yeah..that was me.. and I don't care who saw me..I was happy to be back in my Happy Place officially!

The grounds at The Boardwalk are amazing.. we parked and headed in..we on;y had 2 bags so no need for bell services.

Our room was ready.. score! The nice lady checking us in was even surprised..it was 8:03am! she gave us the map and sent us on our way.. um.. we got more than a little lost and ended up on the actual boardwalk:

I was a tad frustrated..lol..we ended up asking th CM at the food kiosk that sells the pretzels and soon we were in the right area lol. once we were in the right area we still couldnt find our room.. the little signs were not listing it... asked a CM and bam.. there we are ( BTW the front desk lady should not have said to go outside to get to the building.. going thru the building was easier and we wouldnt have gotten turned around.

We had a ground floor room!

Ziah was VERY impressed:

that couch folds down to a nice twin bed.. Declan loved it!

Loved the rug in the hall!

We settled in the few items we had and went and grabbed a snack then...

up Next.. Exploring we shall go!

Last edited by justakrazymom; 10-01-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Wow i cna' tbelieve you all did that long drive in one shot. Kudos to ya. Did my eyes deceive me or is your vacation almost one month long? Score if it is.
We are used to it.. we just drove home from outside Savannah yesterday.. 980 miles in 16.5 hours . We were gone 19 days

Old 10-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #9
AB6876
Mouseketeer

Hey just found and read your trip reports. Yes I went back and read the older ones... Great reports.. Your kids are adorable.. Love how you tolerate being a passenger!!!!! Lol want to do that myself sometimes...
Can't wait for more!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #10
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB6876 View Post
Hey just found and read your trip reports. Yes I went back and read the older ones... Great reports.. Your kids are adorable.. Love how you tolerate being a passenger!!!!! Lol want to do that myself sometimes...
Can't wait for more!
thank you!! Yeah..The last 3 years of driving down was not fun for me..this year I learned the trick and it was much easier..LOL

Old 10-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
AB6876
Mouseketeer

Great trip report!!! Really enjoyed reading!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

It's sad that your TR is over. I really enjoyed reading it.

My DH and I both started paying for our own trip after we reached 18. His DD13 probably has 1-2 trips left on our dime before she will have to help with the bill. Though her grand-parents might decide to pay for her, or at least continue to bring her along on their trip for free.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #13
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
It's sad that your TR is over. I really enjoyed reading it.

My DH and I both started paying for our own trip after we reached 18. His DD13 probably has 1-2 trips left on our dime before she will have to help with the bill. Though her grand-parents might decide to pay for her, or at least continue to bring her along on their trip for free.
Noah probably wont be back for a long time.. by day 4 he was done..lol.. we prefer much longer trips than I think he does..

Old 10-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #14
zacksmammie
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Thanks for another great report...made me feel like I was actually there. Heading down in 12 days, hopefully we'll have your luck with the weather!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #15
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacksmammie View Post
Thanks for another great report...made me feel like I was actually there. Heading down in 12 days, hopefully we'll have your luck with the weather!
Good Luck with the weather!!! and have a wonderful time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: