Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
yvonneh
Mouseketeer

Remy - palo question

I am sure this question has been asked before, but I really would like to know if Remy is worth the up charge and what do you think is better, brunch or dinner?
I have been to both at Palo and loved both experiences. Is the brunch at Remy similar to Palo in the way it is a buffet?
Thank you so much for any information!
Celebrity Infinity Western Caribbean 11/07
Disney Magic Western Caribbean 10/08
Celebrity Solstice Western Caribbean 09/09
Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 04/10
Celebrity Eclipse Eastern Caribbean 12/11
Disney Dream Bahamas 10/12

Disney Dream Countdown!! 12/09/12

Last edited by yvonneh; 09-28-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Typo
yvonneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

We thought the Remy dinner was worth the upcharge. The meal is at least 3 hours long, there are extra courses not listed on the menu and the service is amazing. We had reservations at 6 and were seated by a window, it was wonderful watching the sun set over the ocean.

We haven't had the opportunity to experience the Remy brunch, it wasn't being offered yet on our cruise in April.

We still love the Palo brunch.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Remy lunch is not a buffet. You would not get as many courses as at dinner. The food is comparable but there's a set menu. Ask about substitutions if you want them.
Yes it's worth the upcharge (in my opinion).
Old 09-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

"Worth it" is a personal issue. If you like fine dining, then it's a good deal. If you're not into food or feel intimidated by the matre d', then maybe you'd rather spend your money elsewhere.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
yvonneh
Mouseketeer

Thank you! I enjoy fine dining and LOVE great food. I was impressed with Palo and just was curious if Remy is that much better. I know Palo is Italian and Remy is French. I wonder why the difference in price.
Does anyone prefer one over the other and for what reasons?
Celebrity Infinity Western Caribbean 11/07
Disney Magic Western Caribbean 10/08
Celebrity Solstice Western Caribbean 09/09
Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 04/10
Celebrity Eclipse Eastern Caribbean 12/11
Disney Dream Bahamas 10/12

Disney Dream Countdown!! 12/09/12
yvonneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonneh View Post
Thank you! I enjoy fine dining and LOVE great food. I was impressed with Palo and just was curious if Remy is that much better. I know Palo is Italian and Remy is French. I wonder why the difference in price.
Does anyone prefer one over the other and for what reasons?
Palo is rather like any of the WDW signature restaurants at WDW or a good restaurant at home--good food and service, some place I could see going occasionally. Price...depending on the location, maybe up to $100 per person.

Remy is comparable to Victoria and Albert at WDW--serious fine dining, the kind of place I wouldn't do on any sort of regular basis. A real treat. Cost starts at about $150 per person at land locations.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonneh View Post
I am sure this question has been asked before, but I really would like to know if Remy is worth the up charge and what do you think is better, brunch or dinner?
I have been to both at Palo and loved both experiences. Is the brunch at Remy similar to Palo in the way it is a buffet?
Thank you so much for any information!
We have never done the High Tea on the ship and were looking forward to doing it at Palo but they canceled them so we "begrudgingly" booked the Palo brunch and, boy, were we glad we did! With all the choices and the selections of little desserts so you could sample as many as you wanted, we kind of made our own little tea party. When our server heard about our disappointment with the cancellation of tea, he made sure to keep our hot tea coming! We were so pleasantly surprised that we intend to do Palo brunch and try it for dinner as well next time. Can't help you with Remy as we didn't go there, but from looking at the menu choices, I don't think it will be as good as Palo in my family's opinion.
EeyoreIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #8
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

For comparison purposes, it costs $125 per person to dine at Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian, and it's the same chef as Remy. And there are upcharges on that menu as well.

I believe the $75 per person upcharge is well worth it if you enjoy fine dining. We loved Remy and V&A's. Can't wait to go again in January on the Fantasy. And I highly recommend the wine pairing to go with it. Adds so much to the experience.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
rubinjos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCNuts View Post
For comparison purposes, it costs $125 per person to dine at Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian, and it's the same chef as Remy. And there are upcharges on that menu as well.

I believe the $75 per person upcharge is well worth it if you enjoy fine dining. We loved Remy and V&A's. Can't wait to go again in January on the Fantasy. And I highly recommend the wine pairing to go with it. Adds so much to the experience.
How much wine do you get (roughly) for the extra $99.? Is it as least a bottle - 750 ml? I hope so, cause at that price I am expecting a good buzz. What about the wine pairing experience makes it so worth it. I think I am sold on this, but not exacly sure?

If I go for the wine pairing, what do I budget for 2 people? $75+$75+$99+$99+($50-$75tip) = $400-$425?

rubinjos is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: