Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
Brook730
Mouseketeer

Just looking for advice...

Ok we are going to wdw in like 38 days. My DD is in my own form of potty training boot camp at any given time if you walk in my house you will see her nakie tooshie running around!! Now it has been about three days of her doin her business on her potty and only having a pull up on for nap time or bed time . I plan on sometime in the next week introducing big girl undies so she can see that if she pees in the that its not the same as if she did in a pull up and im really hoping she notices its a gross feeling and the transition will be smooth. As of this min I am going to have her in pull ups while we are there but I don't want it to be like a step back for her. so does anyone have any advice on what I can do or help get her ready for just big girl undies?? or should I just not worrie about it and just go with pull ups it is only for four days and I plan on asking her if she has to go potty as often as possible. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!!
Brook730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Have you seen the Goodnights that look and feel like real underwear? You might want to get a pack and see how similar to the real thing they are, and if they pass, use them in the parks. It might help to not "set her back" in her training.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
Brook730
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
Have you seen the Goodnights that look and feel like real underwear? You might want to get a pack and see how similar to the real thing they are, and if they pass, use them in the parks. It might help to not "set her back" in her training.

she has goodnights right now and she does good with them I just am worried that if I go with pull ups she wont let me know if she has to go (even tho I will be offering) and if I let her go in undies that I would have to bring a few spare clothes.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Emteach
DIS Veteran

What my mum did with little ones she cared for, as well as my siblings was put undies on and then pull-ups overtop. The way the undies are still there, the feeling of those... but you have back up, just in case an accident happens.

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Emteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
Brook730
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
What my mum did with little ones she cared for, as well as my siblings was put undies on and then pull-ups overtop. The way the undies are still there, the feeling of those... but you have back up, just in case an accident happens.

Wow that is an awesome idea I will have to try it in the next few days
!!! plus it helps that she has Tinkerbell undies and she loves tink so usually if i tell her make sure you don't pee on tink she does pretty good lol
Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
la79al
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook730 View Post
Wow that is an awesome idea I will have to try it in the next few days
!!! plus it helps that she has Tinkerbell undies and she loves tink so usually if i tell her make sure you don't pee on tink she does pretty good lol
I thought I was the only one walking around telling DD "don't pee on the princesses!".
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
Brook730
Mouseketeer

its alright missy I too thought they would feel more like underwear but she still sees it as a diaper
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook730 View Post
she has goodnights right now and she does good with them I just am worried that if I go with pull ups she wont let me know if she has to go (even tho I will be offering) and if I let her go in undies that I would have to bring a few spare clothes.
Darn. I thought maybe the Goodnights were enough like "real underwear" that maybe she wouldn't think of it as a pull up she can pee in. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy13d69 View Post
Darn. I thought maybe the Goodnights were enough like "real underwear" that maybe she wouldn't think of it as a pull up she can pee in. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
Nope. They're just like diapers and no matter what they say in the commercials, if a kid wears them to a sleepover, they're friends are going to notice if they see them. My 9 year old has special needs and still isn't completely potty trained and that's all that will fit her without special ordering them.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
la79al
DIS Veteran

It could go either way. My youngest is about where you are now but I'm really not pushing the potty training other than keeping her naked at home. I know that when we first started, when she was in a pull up, she would tell me she had to pee. I think you should be fine putting her in a pull up and asking her about using the potty (though in our house, the word potty seems to invoke instant pee so we have resorted to taking her into the bathroom and making her try instead). At the same time, 38 days is a lot in potty training time. If you aren't worried about bed and naptimes, you might be surprised and be in unders . Good luck. One of these days I will buckle down and push my LO. My goal is diaper free for our trip so we'll see!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #11
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

really did not like going back to pull ups once started training. and I never trained until they dry several weeks all night long. then did what your doing the no clothes and were trained in a week of less. as you know have to stay home not running to store etc and back and forth in diapers or pull ups so I am glad to hear some are still using this form of potty training...takes a lot of patience...
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

We just went to Disney and survived this. Got back today with zero wet undies including both plane flights! My 2.8 month son was in undies during the day for about 30 days prior to the trip. I was terrified, but he did great. For the first two days we used the companion bathrooms because he was terrified of the large bathrooms. We brought 'magic post-its' to keep to auto toilets from flushing. The first few days we brought him every hour to two hours because he never asks us to go, but would go if we bribed him. By the end of the trip he actually wanted to use the large bathrooms, and actually started asking us to go. I think the trip actually helped with enforcing potty training. Just wanted to let you know its possible. I have a trip report over in the dvc trip report section if you want to read it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #13
Brook730
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRegulars View Post
We just went to Disney and survived this. Got back today with zero wet undies including both plane flights! My 2.8 month son was in undies during the day for about 30 days prior to the trip. I was terrified, but he did great. For the first two days we used the companion bathrooms because he was terrified of the large bathrooms. We brought 'magic post-its' to keep to auto toilets from flushing. The first few days we brought him every hour to two hours because he never asks us to go, but would go if we bribed him. By the end of the trip he actually wanted to use the large bathrooms, and actually started asking us to go. I think the trip actually helped with enforcing potty training. Just wanted to let you know its possible. I have a trip report over in the dvc trip report section if you want to read it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412

Awesome im glad he did so good it gives me hope I have one month and a week!!!!!!!!

and bankgirl no that does not make you a bad mom at all lol. my little cousin would wet the bed almost every night until he was seven but his father would not allow him to wear any night time pull ups so as a result of that he was always afraid he would get yelled at in the morning and he never had any friends stay the night or anything
Old 09-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #14
mummabear
DIS Veteran

When we potty trained we just went straight to undies, I dont find it much hassle to carry around a change, I would take them in case she spilled food or something all over herself anyway. Just make sure you (or part of your party) are willing to leave line to take her when she asks even if you offered before you got in line and she said no!
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #15
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by la79al
Honestly, if she's fighting you on it, it might be easier to have a kid in pullups than a newly potty trained kiddo who will inevitably have to pee 2 seconds before you board the ride that you just stood in line 25 minutes for.
I was going to say the same thing.

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: