Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
OurMinnieFamily
Mouseketeer

ADRs every day?

I'm planning a lot of our trip now, obviously ADRs are on hold till closer but going through it all and picking the places my daughter and I want to go.

I have dining with my plan and I'm wondering what other's do.... would you do an ADRs for every table meal, or is that overkill. Im thinking one per day. It would let us eat one great meal and relax for a while at which ever part, but again I don't want it to be too much
Thank for opinions in advance
OurMinnieFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

We did the regular DDP, and made one ADR each day. I don't think I would like more than 1 TS meal each day. At home, if we go out for breakfast or lunch, I'm full for the day. Even eating a CS in addition to the TS, that's filling.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Some days I just plan one and some days we have two scheduled. If I do a character breakfast then I usually plan a dinner somewhere that day also. I have several days on our upcoming trip where I have a later breakfast like 10:30 planned and then a dinner around 6:30 or so. Those days we usually skip lunch. I also have one day where I have a lunch and dinner ADR but lunch is at Sci Fi and we'll probably have burgers and stuff and we'll be hungry again by dinner at 7:00. But I don't usually do a lunch ADR and a dinner ADR, its just too much food.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

We do oop but still do one adr everyday for dinner. We do breakfast in our room and lunch is a CS wherever we are. Dinner we can relax and enjoy. This is what works for us (dh myself and our DD who will be 2 on our trip next month).

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

We typically schedule one TS per day. It's a nice way to relax and have a bit of down time.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

We're eating "out of pocket", but are doing one TS ADR a day. A few are lunches, but they are mostly dinner. We will do a light breakfast at out rental house 9we're dark siders) in the morning, then do CS for the meals that aren't TS (except the days we do AK and HS, we are having a late lunch and dinner at our rental.) Considering the amount of food you get, I don't think I would want to do more than one TS ADR a day. It seems like all you would get accomplished is eating, or waiting to eat. Personally, I wouldn't even do a TS and a CS meal every day if I had my choice. I would do a TS lunch and a light snack in the evening. But with having two young children, we will be stopping and sitting and resting and having more structured meals.

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

We always get the regular dining plan. On our last trip we had one a day. I had one day during our first trip where I had two scheduled and ended up having to cancel both. Now with the CC guarantee thing, I stick to one per day, always either breakfast or dinner for us.

We donít have much of an appetite midday and plus it is either touring time or my sonís napping time for us. If we have a breakfast ADR, that means we are up and out early so we will generally eat a small lunch in the park then QS at the resort for dinner. If we have a dinner ADR, it is usually QS breakfast at the resort and a light lunch or light breakfast and an early QS lunch depending on what we have planned.

I donít schedule one on either our arrival or departure day so far, so we can usually get a signature meal in or plan to have pizza delivered one evening. I am usually afraid something will go wrong as far as having one on arrival day and on departure day there is usually no time. I havenít stayed in a resort that had a TS place yet though. That may change on our next trip as we're looking at CBR and POR-Riverside.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

With the regular DDP 1 ADR a day, but with deluxe I would always book 3 or 2 if I did a 2 credit one. I always book as many as long as they add up to account for all our credits

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #9
OurMinnieFamily
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. I have our list of places we want to eat and as soon as they release the park hours for the time of our trip and I can make a solid itinerary I will figure out when we need each one.

My plan is to do something small and quick for lunch since we aren't breakfast people and do a lunch adr and then qs dinner. I'd like to do as little out of pocket money as possible for meals (except tip)

Thanks so much for advice
OurMinnieFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #10
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good plan since you will be at WDW when it's hot! You know you will be out of the sun for at least an hour in the hotter part of the day.

If you weren't paying OOP then doing TS lunches would not save you any money by purchasing the DDP.

I've found one TS a day to be plenty. I know at least once or twice on a day we weren't going to a park we did 2 TS -breakfast and dinner and that was okay, but we just grabbed a snack for lunch as it was a lot of food. I know we did that on the day we planned to do MNSSHP as we didn't want to have to wake up early to get to a TS breakfast and we didn't want to do a TS dinner when it was party time.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

All of our ADRs were breakfasts. My son is a morning person and breakfast is usually his main meal. We made reservations inside each park before the park opened. When we finished breakfast we still had a few minutes before the park opened. That worked out great for us and will do that again on future trips. Also, we didn't want to be tied down to a time and location for other meals. We ate a big breakfast then counter service when we got hungry. In my opinion more than 1 ADR per day would be too much.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #12
twopearls
Mouseketeer

We do out of pocket. I like to be at the park for rope drops, so we will be eating breakfast in the room most days - with the suite, we get a fridge, so we will have juice, muffins, cereal, pop tarts, etc. Or get takeout from the food court and bring back to the room.

Then, I book one ADR per day. Sometimes lunch, sometimes dinner. And then we'll do one CS a day. I usually bring some snacks into the park so we don't have to spend a fortune on those.

I also only have two ADRs booked that require cancellation 24 hours in advance (Akershus princess breakfast - which we're doing really late as a brunch), and Hollywood and Vine breakfast/brunch for my DH and DD6 while DD13 and I are at Harry Potter one day. That way, if we change our mind, I can cancel the reservation to free a table for someone else.

I do miss the days when CRT had you order from a menu, though. We had a 1pm ADR there once, but by 11:30 AM we were all starving. We did CS instead, but still showed up for our ADR and had ice cream sundaes for dessert. That way, we still got to see the inside of the castle, but "only" spent about $25 for three desserts!
twopearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Most of the time, we had one sitdown meal every day. We wanted the time to relax in the afternoon, and we got sit of counter service food.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

We have two planned on some days, one planned on others, and some days are completely empty. Frees us up for not being a slave to the ADRs, so I'm happy with our schedule. We have two TS meals on our first day in the parks, so it will be a relaxing day - lunch at Tusker House (and catching a few shows in AK) and then a late dinner at Garden Grill. We're doubling up on that Friday as well (our anniversary) with breakfast at Ohana and dinner at 1900 Park Fare (the Happily Ever After meal seemed appropriate!).

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #15
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Which plan do you have?

In general, I recommend making an ADR for every meal you think you'll want to sit down for. You can get in places at the last minute, but having the ADRs gives you options. I'd much rather have to cancel an extra ADR, than try to fit an extra table service meal in, especially on the dining plan.

I like to schedule 1 ADR per day. I like having a little bit of structure to my day, but I don't want to be running from meal to meal all day long.
We tend towards lunches, because I find that to fit us the best. We don't HAVE to get to the parks first thing in the morning, and we can take our break afterwards and possibly not return to the parks in the evening. It also tends to be the hottest part of the day, so it gives us a respite from touring in a cool restaurant.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: