Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

POP or Hilton

I am looking at either staying at POP Century or Hilton by DTD for my next trip. I have stayed onsite at AKL and GF before, but never anywhere else. My only concern is NOISE! I need quiet when I sleep. I'm leaning towards POP since it has free parking and WIFI as well. But I would think POP would be louder. Has anybody stayed at both and can offer advice? Thank you!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
baler31
DIS Veteran

I have not stayed at Pop and can only compare it to Disney Deluxe resorts and the Hilton DTD has been much more quiet than most of the Disney Deluxe rooms we have had.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
swilshire
DIS Veteran

I have not stayed at the Hilton, but the Pop is noisy. You have people walking by your door at all hours, just feet from your bed. They are not always considerate.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
AllieMallie
Mouseketeer

I just came home from a 6 night stay at Pop last week with my fiance and I can say that we had no issues with noise whatsover. We booked a standard room non-pool view so I think that helped. The only noise I could hear was the occassional toilet flushing or people talking when walking past our room. Other than that, it was very VERY quiet. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

2000 - Mom and Daughter WDW trip - offsite
Sept. 16-22, 2012 - Disney trip with DFi - Pop Century

Allison (and Fiance's!) September Adventure in Disney Wonderland-- my first PTR.
AllieMallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
misspickle
Mouseketeer

stayed at pop last year i would go for the hilton
Old 09-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

As you can see by looking at my signature, I Pop. That being said, it can be noisy at times. If you are a really light sleeper, Hilton might be your best bet.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #7
DVC California
Try this weird hybrid sometime: DisneyQuest + Water Parks Annual Pass.......it's a blast!

It can be "hit or miss" in getting a quiet room at Pop. There are no interior halls, so all the rooms face out to the open air. Rooms facing the pool and major walkways probably get more consistent noise than an end unit near the parking lot.

Your neighbors will also play a factor in how quiet it will be. While the walls aren't "paper thin", you will be able to hear alot of what is going on next door, especially if it is a lock off to an adjoining room.

If noise is an issue, go to the front desk and ask to relocate. They are very accommodating if rooms are available.

That being said, we enjoy staying at Pop and are usually very tired at the end of a full park day to notice.

HTH, Steve
DVC California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #8
rapunzelmom
Earning My Ears

Bump

Would love to get recent opinions!, will be there a week in March with a seven year old!,,
rapunzelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:16 AM   #9
MarthaJr.
DIS Veteran

We've stayed at both several times. POP is great for the Disney ambiance, however the rooms are small and the beds are doubles and not very comfortable. However, I LOVE being in the WDW magic and if I get a good price will happily stay at POP.

The Hilton is great because you get nearly the same perks as those staying onsite and you get a VERY comfortable queen size bed and a larger room. We enjoy their pool area even though it isn't themed. We only used the free transportation once and it's no worse than waiting for the Disney buses. Typically we have a rental car because we split our stay between Orlando and the beach. You can snag some good rates at Hilton if you're a Hilton Honors member or use the MVP friends and family rate that has been posted on this forum many times.

I guess it boils down to a personal preference. If it's your first trip to WDW-definitely go with POP as you have a 7 year old that will love it! Good luck with your decision!