Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

jeans for my body type

Seems my whole family needs jeans, trying to find me some without breaking the bank. I am 5 feet, in between a 6 and an 8 (or sometimes a 10 depending on brand), and have a bit of a pot belly and no booty to speak of. Anyone out there have my body type, and if so what kind of jeans do you buy? On one and only one occasion I found the perfect jeans, they were Old Navy size 6, but they have worn out and I have never found a good pair again, not even at ON. My friend who is shaped similar to me suggested I wear Lucky jeans but they are so expensive! Any suggestions?
littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Try Levi's 505s if you can find them. I also have a small booty compared to my waist and they fit great. Normally I am a 6 but in these I'm a 4, who can argue with that?

I agree with your friend about the Lucky jeans, too. I have one pair that I bought so I could wear really tall heels, and I get a lot of compliments on those.

But the 505's are my go-to jeans. I have 4 pair in the closet and three in unopened bags on the shelf as an emergency stash in case Levi quits making them! Right now they're on sale at Zappos.

Last edited by QueenElinor; 09-25-2012 at 11:47 PM.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

Thank you, I will try those.
littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
jrw118
Mouseketeer

Costco has been know to carry lucky jeans for a great price
Aug 23-Aug 29 2012 AKV Kidani Savanna
Aug 21- Aug 27 2013 Beach Club
jrw118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
jgreco
Mouseketeer

+1 on Lucky Jeans. You can find them at TJMAxx also. I have also found many pairs at Plato's closet for under $30
jgreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
Scotico
Mouseketeer

My wife only wears Joes jeans and 7 for all man kind. She swears by them and she always gets compliments. If you want good jeans, you may need to spend more $. We always stick to those jeans made in the USA from teh smaller companies. They seem to hold up longer and feel a lot more comfortable.
Scotico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

Here is what I would do:

Go to a boutique store with tons of top brans; Joes, Paper and Denim, etc. Try on everything the girl suggests. In the changing room, write down model numbers and names.

Then hit ebay and buy them for 1/3 the price used. Watch the used clothing stores or Rescue Mission for deals too. The last time I hit the rescue mission, I found a pair of Joes and a pair of Luckys for 6 bucks each. Booyah.

I've also gotten great advice from Zafu . com. There are tons of questions you answer about your body type, the fit issues you have, etc. Then, they generate a list of makes and models and brands of jeans made for your body type. I think it's 10 bucks to join, but worth it. I've gotten spot on recommendations from top brands on down to Old Navy. It also will recommend certain bras and other things that are exhausting to try every single model until you find a comfy one.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
Jenny3
DIS Veteran

I have a similar build and size - I've gotten lucky with Gap's Long & Lean petite length and a pair of skinny jeans from White House Black Market

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
Familyof4lovesDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebit0863 View Post
Seems my whole family needs jeans, trying to find me some without breaking the bank. I am 5 feet, in between a 6 and an 8 (or sometimes a 10 depending on brand), and have a bit of a pot belly and no booty to speak of. Anyone out there have my body type, and if so what kind of jeans do you buy? On one and only one occasion I found the perfect jeans, they were Old Navy size 6, but they have worn out and I have never found a good pair again, not even at ON. My friend who is shaped similar to me suggested I wear Lucky jeans but they are so expensive! Any suggestions?
First, please don't laugh, but since you are shorter like me, try girls plus. I know it sounds strange, but it works.

I would try a 16 1/2 or 18 1/2. Some stores even have a 20 1/2. Girls plus can be purchased at Sears, JcPenny, Justice for sure. Some other stores carry them but they only go to 14 1/2. Just like everything, you may have to try several styles before it works. I always had good luck with Arizona at JCPenny.

You will have to look at the pockets to make sure they are "age appropriate" lol. No colored butterflies, huge sparkles, etc. Also, since they are from the girls department they are cheaper!

It is really a good idea for capris and shorts, because they are actually capris and don't look like pants that shrunk lol.

My favorite pair right now are from Victoria Secret. I got them for $10 at MJR. I wish I could find another pair at that price. I actually bought a pair of girls jeans today for $7.50 at the Sears outlet. They are not near as awesome as my VS ones, but at least I have another pair. Good Luck from one hard to fit girl to another
Old 09-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
sharbear
DIS Veteran

Nordstrom Rack is a good place to buy jeans for good prices
sharbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #11
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharbear View Post
Nordstrom Rack is a good place to buy jeans for good prices
True. I found not one but THREE pairs of Lucky jeans for only $29 there.
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #12
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Goodwill. You would be surprised the brands that turn up there. Plus, they're all in one place.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #13
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Gap Long and Lean and Talbots Slimming are nice fitting. All of 1% spandex built into the cotton for comfort.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #14
Patience
DIS Veteran

I have several pairs of Gap long and lean jeans that I wear all the time that fit really well. I also have one pair of Lucky jeans that I love.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
peacelover
Mouseketeer

I got a pair of INC curvy fit, straight leg that I found on sale at Macy's. I have the same body type. Not for jeans, but chinos. I have found that jcrew fits me well. You have to try them on in the store, but sometimes you can come across your size on the website at a good sale price.
peacelover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: