Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
underminer
Mouseketeer

Disney dining questions

Which restaurants do you really need reservations for (besides the obvious ones like Carthay, BB and Napa rose)? We will be there in mid October on a Wed-Sat. Would we need them for any of the other table service restaurants like cafe Orleans, WCT or some of the DTD places?
Thanks!
underminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

If you plan on dining during peak hours or if there are any special needs for your group (large party, food issues, etc.), then it can't hurt to make a reservation. You can cancel it later if you find that you won't be needing it. If you will be doing the WOC dining package at WCT, then you should have a reservation. With a small to average size group and no special needs, you shouldn't have too long a wait for a table if you eat at off peak times.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
If you plan on dining during peak hours or if there are any special needs for your group (large party, food issues, etc.), then it can't hurt to make a reservation. You can cancel it later if you find that you won't be needing it. If you will be doing the WOC dining package at WCT, then you should have a reservation. With a small to average size group and no special needs, you shouldn't have too long a wait for a table if you eat at off peak times.
I agree with all of this. One thing I would add is that it's easy to make a reservation the day of, and that can be nice because it saves you a bit of a wait. So for example, I have ressies for Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle already, because they can be a bit crowded. But I know my family will want to eat at our fav Cafe Orleans as well. But I'm not sure when we'll want to do that, so I'm just going to call while we're there on a day that sounds good for lunch or dinner. They can usually get you in, and that way you can be off enjoying rides while you wait for your time to approach, instead of sitting around at the restaurant for 30 minutes waiting.
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
Fivers
Mouseketeer

For DTD if if there's a specific restaurant you want to eat at for dinner it would probably be prudent to make a reservation. We've never had any problems at any restaurants for lunch, but dinner can get pretty busy. We'll often eat at DTD for lunch, then go off-site for dinner, as you can usually find something under a 20 minute wait, especially if you're not during the rush. Enjoy your trip
Fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
underminer
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great advice! Do any phone apps have all the DLR and DTD restaurant phone #s for quick reference?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by underminer View Post
Thanks for the great advice! Do any phone apps have all the DLR and DTD restaurant phone #s for quick reference?
We've just used the Disney Dine Line (714-781-DINE) for everything. Rainforest Cafe is not on the Dine Line, so contact them directly (the Dine Line has the phone number).
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by underminer View Post
I don't have it any more, but you can also email them your requests.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #8
underminer
Mouseketeer

Cool. Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: