Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
dana278
Mouseketeer

December 8th or 15th?

I've never been to DL during the holidays, so I want to make a quick trip this year to do it. I obviously know either weekend will be packed, but is there one I should pick over the other?

For some reason the resort hotels list the 15th as being cheaper than any other Saturday during the holiday period. (Both AP and regular rates.) And TouringPlans.com lists that weekend as being a few levels lighter. Is there something I'm not aware of that is (or isn't, rather) happening then?
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Tootsie62
Earning My Ears

We are going on the 8th, but our park tickets start Sunday the 9th, so I'm curious if it will be crowded at that time as well.
Tootsie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
ttig34
Mouseketeer

We were there on the Saturday comparable to the 8th last year and thought it was super crowded. I remember the POC line went all the way to the Golden Horseshoe.
ttig34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I answered this over in the Christmas thread - I see no reason why the 15th should be cheaper than any other Saturday preceding it in December. Beyond the 15th it will only get more crowded and more expensive, but the dates before the 15th should be cheaper as well.

The "good" AP rates will not appear on the hotel calendar for a while - if at all. What is showing right now for December are just the 10% discounted rates, not the good ones.

I would have chosen December 8th for (hopefully) lower crowds, but if December 15th is cheaper and you want a cheaper rate, go with that date!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
dana278
Mouseketeer

Ugh, I'm one of those people that has to have a reason for everything, so I'm convinced something is happening to make that weekend cheaper! Would they close early for a private party on a Saturday so close to Christmas?

My first thought was to go on the 8th for lower crowds, but when I also saw Touring Plans predicting a lower crowd on the 15th (even just a level) I became convinced they know something we don't. LOL Then I remembered to take their site with a grain of salt, so now I'm just stuck.
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: