Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
JanetRose
Do I need to know why Captain Sparrow's compass only pointed one way?

Getting carpet professional cleaned

I usually clean the carpets using the rental machines from the local grocery store.

I have someone coming next week to clean the carpets in four rooms for about $300. Wow. He said their machine is mounted in their truck.

I'm assuming for $300 it will be a good job done.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

One thing about those folks - assuming they're good at their job - is that they know how to treat stains & other issues that you'd never be able to get clean on your own with a rental unit. If your carpet is just "dingy", I'm not sure how much better it'll look after a pro vs. the rental though.
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
themilesfamily
Wanna potty with Spongebob Squarepants?

We get ours professionally done about every 6 months. (Cream-colored carpet + 4 cats + 1 child + neighborhood kids galore = many stains.)

We pay about $350 each time and I will say, our carpets look brand-new after he's gone. It's necessary for us until we can afford all new floor-covering.
themilesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #4
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetRose View Post
I usually clean the carpets using the rental machines from the local grocery store.

I have someone coming next week to clean the carpets in four rooms for about $300. Wow. He said their machine is mounted in their truck.

I'm assuming for $300 it will be a good job done.
How big are your rooms? And is it heavy soiled?
Old 09-23-2012, 04:12 AM   #5
RNMOM
BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL

We used to self clean our carpets also. When we got new cut pile carpet we were advised to use only steam methods. It is better. There is no soap residue which holds on to the dirt, IMHO.

Be warned, they will try to sell you all kinds of stuff during the visit. We have 2 cats, one big messy dog and two adult sons living with DH and I. I know about dirt and messes. DH had them do the 'scotch guard and deodorizing' treatment to the tune of an additional hundred or so. It didn't make any difference at all. The house doesn't smell, even with the cat boxes cause we keep them squeaky clean.

I did buy the spot remover spray and it is really worth it. We use Stainmaster and I have been pleased with them and the spot remover.

Word of caution, I am missing a couple pieces of jewelry. I have no idea if the guy who was cleaning in the bedroom while the other guy was trying to talk me into the extras is responsible and when it even happened. I don't have a dresser top jewelry box but one in my armoire. I now put anything of value like electronics, jewelry and medicines in there and use a small zip tie on the knobs. Anyone could open it by cutting the tie but they couldn't deny they had done so. I hate having people come in. I have never had any problems except for this. How can you prove who took something?
RNMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Probably the best thing about the truck-mounted cleaning services is the amount of water they can pull out of the carpet when they are done.

The machines that you rent often do a fine job of cleaning but because they don't have the power to suck out all the water, the carpets stay very wet for awhile (increasing your chances of having mold/mildew issues) and they don't pull out the cleaning residue as well. That just makes the carpets look dirtier faster.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95

Last edited by Christine; 09-23-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #7
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Probably the best thing about the truck-mounter cleaning services is the amount of water they can pull out of the carpet when they are done.

The machines that you rent often do a fine job of cleaning but because they don't have the power to suck out all the water, the carpets stay very wet for awhile (increasing your chances of having mold/mildew issues) and they don't pull out the cleaning residue as well. That just makes the carpets look dirtier faster.
+1

You also may be able to "shop around" for a better price and/or find coupons.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Cinerbelle
Mouseketeer

Wow, I think that is expensive. We get our 4 rooms of carpet and all of our tile (another 4 rooms) cleaned for $255. This is also a truck mount. We've used the same company for 4 years and it always looks brand new.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: