Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Kathybeattie
Earning My Ears

Family of the cruise

We just got off the Disney Fantasy and on our 2nd night we received a gift and a letter stating congratulations that we were Disney's family of the cruise. We got "VIP" gifts/food each night with notes as well. Does anyone know how many families get this? Or how they choose? This was our 3rd cruise, but have not had this before. Thanks.
Kathybeattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
FLORIDA_DAD
Mouseketeer

We had that honor a few years back on the Wonder. It was great! We might still have a few dollars on the Arcade card... Last we knew there were 2 families randomly selected, in which they give you the goodies and beach packages, and such. We have been on probably 8 times since then. Hitting another cruise tomorrow on the Dream!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
krispykreme97
Mouseketeer

I was chosen on our Dream cruise

Did you guys wear matching t-shirts. I suspect thats how we got selected. My actual name is LaTonya but all of the correspondings had Tonya on them which is what I had on my shirt.
krispykreme97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
castaway3
Second star to the right

We were chosen family of the day and got to go through the "ears" first and they introduced us to EVERYONE in the terminal...it was neat..and yes we all had on matching outfits
Old 10-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Each department on the ships select their own families of the cruise. 2 years ago, we were dealing with losing my mom to her battle against ovarian cancer, and my dad was fighting lymphoma. We booked a getaway to escape. We were selected as the Guest Services family of the cruise. We got letters in our stateroom each night, extra goodies delivered, and the Castaway Cay escape package. I suspect it's because I emailed DCL ahead of time asking for a little extra pixie dust for our DD, age 5 at the time. All I had wished for was an autographed picture or something. Probably one of the most magical cruises at such a hard time.

Platinum DCL
17 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
CrusNewb
Earning My Ears

We got it on our first cruise this summer from the room service dept., completely at random. It's possible two cute and young kids helped, but we didn't have matching t-shirts or do anything special. It was totally random, a complete surprise and an awesome thing that Disney does.
CrusNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: