Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
momtoamulan
Mouseketeer

Freaking out...tell me millenium isnt going

To be as bad as the reviews....hotwire sold us this one (90 dollars....disappointing...was hoping for better prices!). I am freaking out after reading all the reviews...
momtoamulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
webworm
DIS Veteran

WOW that is pricey for that hotel. I know folks often get this hotel for $45-$50 bidding on priceline depending on your dates. I think you paid close to the regular rate for the hotel.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

We stayed there once and wouldn't go back. It wasn't terrible there are just better places a lot closer to the airport for not much more than $90. (We're paying $130 at the Sleep Inn which is right next door and includes a hot breakfast).

Does the $90 include parking as well?

I thought the hotel was very "tired" looking and really needed some updating.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Bonnie40
Sweet tomatoes, yum
Has lived in Guelph all her life

Uh.....any way you can back out? It is such an old and 'tired' hotel....my BIL booked there and left after getting a room that was terribly dirty....awful service and no resolution....drove down the road and got a great room for a better price.....sorry, but I would try and cancel......

Bonnie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
momtoamulan
Mouseketeer

Unfort., with hotwire, they wont let me cancel..

Was disapponted that it was that expensive....i thoght it woulf be cheaper for that oen...sigh.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
You'vegotafriendinme
Mouseketeer

We booked

the Millenium through Priceline in 2010 for $35 or $40 and thought for that price we'd give it a try. As we were checking in some flight attendants were leaving and we took that to be a positive sign. When we arrived at our room it was not clean (carpet stained and musty, moldy smell) - some tiles in the bathroom were missing and the "headboards" on either bed looked like rubber floormats stapled to the wall. The bedding looked soiled and some dresser drawers didn't have any knobs.
In fairness, the staff at the front desk offered to find us another room; at that point I just wanted to leave. We did. We drove to the Holiday Inn Express (where we ALWAYS stay) and stayed the night there.
We wouldn't go back to the Millenium, for any price. That's our experience, for what it's worth - I've read some favourable comments from others .... so maybe it was just "bad luck"

June/July 05 * Dec 05 * Nov/Dec 06 * Nov/Dec 07 * Nov/Dec 08 * Sep 09 * Jan 10 * Sep 10 * Jan 11 * May 11 * Dec 11 * Sep/Oct 12 * Dec 13 *
You'vegotafriendinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #7
michelle1
DIS Veteran

We have stayed there many times and most recently, last weekend, and it has always been fine for us. It is an old hotel and a little worn but we have never had a dirty room. There are standard and upgraded rooms...the difference, I believe, is upgraded bedding so you could ask for one of those when you check in. I'm sure I have stayed there at least a dozen times over the years because we shop alot in Buffalo and that's the hotel that I always get through Hotwire and I would have no problem staying again.
michelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #8
momtoamulan
Mouseketeer

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle1 View Post
We have stayed there many times and most recently, last weekend, and it has always been fine for us. It is an old hotel and a little worn but we have never had a dirty room. There are standard and upgraded rooms...the difference, I believe, is upgraded bedding so you could ask for one of those when you check in. I'm sure I have stayed there at least a dozen times over the years because we shop alot in Buffalo and that's the hotel that I always get through Hotwire and I would have no problem staying again.
While we didnt get a great savings through hotwire, after reading all the complaints, i was really worried...i will see if they will upgrade us...

Than you!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #9
MaMudduck
Disney Princess Forever
I think is too cold in Canadian for the Tag fairy...She might freeze her pixie dust off!

I've stay there at least 4 times (through priceline only, at a good price)- I also think there's a big difference between the "tower rooms" and than ones on the ground floor. I booked my friends in 1 room and me & dh another. Their tower room was WAY BETTER than the very old run down ground floor ones I've always had in the past.
WDW Commando Member#199

Wendy-MaMudduck-WDW' 77, Poly'78, DL'81,Grovs '88, ASMo'02, CBR'03, Vistana Oct'04,PolyCL- Oct'05,MVMCP@ POP Dec'07, BCV/BWV- Nov'08, Bonnet Creek, US/IOA, Nov '10, Disneyland-Nov '11 Dream Trip AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13, 1st Solo Trip- Mar'14
PaMudduck- Grovs'88, ASMo'02, Oct'04, POP- DEC'07 ,Disneyland-Nov'11 AKL-Oct'12, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
'LilMudduck- ASMo'02, CBR'03, Oct'04, PolyCL-Oct'05, MVMCP- POP Dec'07WWoHP Nov '10, Xmas 1.5 Dec'13
MaMudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
LSmith
DIS Veteran

Stayed there very recently for a night. Booked an "executive room". It was rundown, the sheets were threadbare but at least it was clean. That's all I can say. You will be fine for an overnight stay. If you don't like your room, ask to change it.

Better yet, review your stay on TripAdvisor to help the next travellers coming through.

You will be fine for one night. Our bed, despite the sheets being see-through, was actually very comfortable and the room was as clean as the housekeeping could make it, considering its old age.

I wouldn't look to book it again but it wasn't horrible and it was clean.
LSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #11
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle1 View Post
We have stayed there many times and most recently, last weekend, and it has always been fine for us. It is an old hotel and a little worn but we have never had a dirty room.
We have stayed in this hotel the past 5 trips - no issues what-so-ever. This year is the highest price we've ever paid, but we'll be there the day before Memorial Day. We get a room with 2 king beds, court yard (close to the pool) and it includes parking up to 15 days. It's still far cheaper than anything here at YYZ.
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2013 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 12th - 26th)

two*little*birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #12
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I've stayed there many times over the years. Yes it is older and some rooms are more worn than others. My kids love the pool there and we often book the rooms that open out to the pool. The location is great if you have time to shop at the Galleria mall or eat at the Olive Garden.

The hotel often offers a "free breakfast" that you could try to ask for when checking in. It might help you get more value out of your stay.

It's not modern but I've had great experiences with the staff there and wouldn't hesitate to go back. Hope it goes well for you.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Diamondintheruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #13
maryann4086
Where did my other 250 posts go, waaaaaaah

I posted a thread here recently trying to decide on an airport hotel. We chose the millenium, it was 90 dollars, which included the upgraded room, 2 weeks worth of parking, and breakfast. The night before our flight we checked in, room was clean, service was fast. Spent a nice evening shopping at Walden and dinner at PFChangs. Had a good sleep, wake up call was on time.

Arranged for the shuttle the night before, it was there waiting for us at 5:30am, driver was fast, friendly and helpful. When we got back from our trip. I picked up the phone by baggage, hotel told us where to meet the driver. We headed outside, driver was there in 5 minutes. Got back to the hotel, got into the car and headed home.

Everything went well, sure its not a fancy hotel, but its close to shopping, a short drive to the airport and a good price, for room, parking and food.

The only negative was the front desk staff wasnt overly friendly, but they got the job done, so no complaints.

Hope this helps
Old 10-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #14
annieL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by You'vegotafriendinme View Post
the Millenium through Priceline in 2010 for $35 or $40 and thought for that price we'd give it a try. As we were checking in some flight attendants were leaving and we took that to be a positive sign. When we arrived at our room it was not clean (carpet stained and musty, moldy smell) - some tiles in the bathroom were missing and the "headboards" on either bed looked like rubber floormats stapled to the wall. The bedding looked soiled and some dresser drawers didn't have any knobs.
In fairness, the staff at the front desk offered to find us another room; at that point I just wanted to leave. We did. We drove to the Holiday Inn Express (where we ALWAYS stay) and stayed the night there.
We wouldn't go back to the Millenium, for any price. That's our experience, for what it's worth - I've read some favourable comments from others .... so maybe it was just "bad luck"

Your right about airport workers staying here. We stayed at the Milleneium for our Disney trip in 2009. When we were catching the shuttle bus back to the hotel at the end of our trip there was no room on the shuttle bus for us and our two children. Priority is given to the flight attendants and the pilots so at 11:00pm at night with two small children we had to wait for the shuttle to drop them off and come back and get us. It was not fun! I wouldn't stay there again for that reason.
annieL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: