Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board > Trades/Wants Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Help! Looking for cruise pins for New York, Halifax and Saint John

We just got off the Magic New York to Canada cruise yesterday. We were disappointed when they told us they had run out of the cruise specific pins for this itinerary during the first cruises. If any of you purchased extra pins and no longer need them, we would really appreciate being able to purchase them from you or trade for them. We are looking for the New York Minnie pin, the Halifax Chip and Dale pin and the Saint John Mickey pin. We frame the pins, along with the maps of the cruise and hang them in our den. Thanks. Val & Bob
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
shoes99
DIS Veteran

We are big pin collectors and just sailed on the Magic, 9/2 to 9/7. We were disappointed that the Haliafax and Saint Johns pins sold out the first cruise because there was no limit, and folks just grabbed them to sell on the secondary market. We have been checking EBay, but no luck so far. The mds manager on the Magic said they should have learned their lesson from previous cruises, and set a 2 pin limit, but they did not. Made it bad for us sailing in September, 2012.
Michele

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
valbob89
DIS Veteran

I agree that the whole pin distribution is an issue. I know they have tried to do it different ways, but have not seemed to find the best way. Having an order form in the rooms, and limiting the number each cabin could order seemed to be the least offensive. However, I don't know why they make them limited edition and such a small number. I understand 'real' collectors find that very important but how many of the people who want them and pay for them on a cruise are 'real' collectors that care? My opinion is they should think about the majority. Rather then increasing interest, I think it makes people say "forget about collecting the pins, I have better things to do then wait in line or be disappointed because some people hoped to make a killing on Ebay"

The Disney Stores use to take back things you bought on the ship, within 30 days of purchase but they don't anymore. So I was hoping maybe someone on the Boards bought extra pins and now find they don't want them.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

New York pin on Ebay

We took the AUG25 cruise and sad about the pin distribution / amount as well. Managed to get the Canada/Bahamas pin but nothing else.

Located the New York pin on Ebay the other day - just checked and the seller still has 4 left at buy it now for $19.99. Watch there are two sellers right now - one is a bid and the other is a buy it now. In the search type in new york disney minnie and it should bring it up for you.
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: