Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
2mickeys1minnie
we've turned into that same crazy croc family.....Oh well!!

Best offsite for family of 5?

Although I'd prefer to stay onsite..it just isn't in our budget this year. I looked into AOA but that will still cost way more than we can afford. I'd like to spend less than $1000 for a week for accomodations. We are a family of 5 with two teenage boys (will be 15 & 13) and an 8yr old. We'd like suite type accomodations (separate br for parents) and a mini kitchenette. Just as long as it is very clean I'll be happy. Can anyone recommend a nice offsite? TIA
2mickeys1minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
PGHDisneyfan
Im a lawnmower, you can tell me by the way I walk

We usually stay at the Double Tree DTD. Not only because I travel a ton and cash in my Hilton honor points but also because we like the all suite rooms. Sometimes you can get a room for as low as $79.00 and they do take AAA discounts. Check mouse savers for deals!

(me) (DW) (DS)(DS) (oscar)
PGHDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
FayeW
DIS Veteran

Depending on your dates, you could come in well under budget with a nice 3 bdrm suite at Windsor Hills. We paid $800 for 9 nights last time, but we were there the first week of Dec so it is "Low" season. We used www.floridasunvacationhomes.com

If you are going Sat-Sat you can get phenomenal rates from vacationcentralflorida.com, and I have seen really great rates from palmtreevacationhomes.com as well. We are big fans of Windsor Hills, and chose it for our last vacation because of the great reviews on this board.

We have also used skyauction.com several times for 2 bdrm condos, and paid less than $400 for the week each time. We stayed at Cypress Point Grand Villas (fantastic!), Bryan's Spanish Cove and Orbit One (both were good). You just go to www.skyauction.com and use the Search function. Type in keyword "Ready" and you will come to the Ready, Set, Go! auctions. You win an auction and that is the price you pay (plus service and admin fees...those are detailed in the auction itself so scroll down to see those!). Before you bid on the auction there is a spot to "Click here to see where your next vacation will be". Just plug in your dates and it will show you the resorts/accomodations that are available. The price you pay is for Hotel, 1,2, or 3 bdrm condo. You pay the same regardless of what type of accomodation you choose. I always make sure that the resort I want is available for my dates before I bid. Good luck!
FayeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
MEK
DIS Veteran

You can also try VRBO for rental homes.

Also - consider looking at Bonnet Creek for a one bedroom.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You can also try VRBO for rental homes.

Also - consider looking at Bonnet Creek for a one bedroom.
A one-bedroom at Bonnet Creek wouldn't be large enough. Max Occupancy for the room is 4, 2 in the master suite and 2 on the pull out couch. A 2bdrm unit however might work. the 2nd bedroom has 2 beds like a typical hotel room, and there is stil the pull out couch option.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
2mickeys1minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
A one-bedroom at Bonnet Creek wouldn't be large enough. Max Occupancy for the room is 4, 2 in the master suite and 2 on the pull out couch. A 2bdrm unit however might work. the 2nd bedroom has 2 beds like a typical hotel room, and there is stil the pull out couch option.
That would be perfect How is Bonnet Creek? Is it nice? Which one is better Wyndham or Hilton? I'm so confused
Old 09-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
2mickeys1minnie

Thank you so much! That is some great information! I am going to check it out right now!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
bom_noite
DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 3rd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mickeys1minnie View Post
Although I'd prefer to stay onsite..it just isn't in our budget this year. I looked into AOA but that will still cost way more than we can afford. I'd like to spend less than $1000 for a week for accomodations. We are a family of 5 with two teenage boys (will be 15 & 13) and an 8yr old. We'd like suite type accomodations (separate br for parents) and a mini kitchenette. Just as long as it is very clean I'll be happy. Can anyone recommend a nice offsite? TIA
My immediate thought was a Rental Home (as the last poster suggested). Another thought is DVC Rental Points.

What are your dates? Length of stay? May help others come up with some suggestions.
bom_noite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
2mickeys1minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bom_noite View Post
My immediate thought was a Rental Home (as the last poster suggested). Another thought is DVC Rental Points.

What are your dates? Length of stay? May help others come up with some suggestions.
We would like to stay 7 nights...planning on going 6/28-7/5/13. I have never gone this time of year. We always go in late August. I'm nervous about how crowded and hot it will be but friends of ours are going that week and asked us to join them. I'm thinking maybe I should stick with August lol.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
janatmovies
Mouseketeer

I recommend the Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista. I stayed there on my last trip and it was wonderful. They have a Caribbean style pool, a hot tub, fitness center, free wi-fi, free coffee all day and free hot breakfast with MICKEY WAFFLES! YUM! They also provide a free shuttle to Disney with limited times though. The suites are clean and have a full kitchen. Free parking. Literally 8 minute drive to WDW entrance. We paid 84 a night for a 1 bedroom suite. Try it!!
janatmovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janatmovies View Post
I recommend the Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista. I stayed there on my last trip and it was wonderful. They have a Caribbean style pool, a hot tub, fitness center, free wi-fi, free coffee all day and free hot breakfast with MICKEY WAFFLES! YUM! They also provide a free shuttle to Disney with limited times though. The suites are clean and have a full kitchen. Free parking. Literally 8 minute drive to WDW entrance. We paid 84 a night for a 1 bedroom suite. Try it!!
We stayed there last November--one night--before checking in to POR and had an opposite experience. Our one bedroom suite was not very clean for what we were used to with Hilton standards and the bedding was even worn looking. The dining area (fridge, etc) was very clean. Also the sofa bed mattress was so worn it was almost like springs were coming out. We paid $69 with a special rate + tax.

The rest of the hotel/suites was very nice including the breakfast area.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote