Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
ashleyY993
Earning My Ears

For people applying for spring 2013

Who all is applying for DCP Spring 2013? I have my phone interview next Tuesday and I'm pretty nervous/excited! My top 3 role choices are character performer, bibbidi bobbidi boutique hostess (fairy godmother in training),and attractions. What are your top 3 role choices?
ashleyY993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
HalJordan
Earning My Ears

i only have two ... character performer(hopefully face) & character attendant
HalJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
psherman42
Mouseketeer

Me! I had my interview yesterday. My top 3 roles are attractions, merchandise, and character attendant but I checked off quite a few others. Good luck to you guys!

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
ashleyY993
Earning My Ears

Awesome! Good luck to you guys, I can't wait for the results to come in!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
DisneyAllyC
Princess Ally

I have 4 choices. Merchandise, attractions, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or Character Attendent

1998:First trip to Disney-Polynesian
2004: Pop Century
2005: All Star Music
2007: Saratoga Springs
2009: High School Senior Trip-All Star Sports

4 days until my next trip to Disney World!
DisneyAllyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
kayotik
Earning My Ears

I had my phone interview on Saturday. My top three are Attractions, Character Performer, and Merchandise, but I checked off nearly everything on my application. I'm getting super impatient and/or nervous about getting in or not. Good luck to you all!
kayotik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #7
Ajaz
Mouseketeer

My top are Attractions, BBB, and Merchandise. I'm also planning on going to the entertainment auditions, but that's more for fun since I know the chance of me getting picked for that is slim to none. I also indicated some interest in quite a few other things! My phone interview is on Wednesday the 19th so I've got another week to prepare, but I'm still super nervous!
Ajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
missflickflack
Earning My Ears

hey guys,

My top roles are concierge, merchandise and vacation planner. I have my phone interview in 20 mins and super anxious about it. I am more nervous about the time period after the phone interview

Goodluck to everyone!

flick
missflickflack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
ashleyY993
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by missflickflack
hey guys,

My top roles are concierge, merchandise and vacation planner. I have my phone interview in 20 mins and super anxious about it. I am more nervous about the time period after the phone interview

Goodluck to everyone!

flick
Tell us how it went!
Old 09-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
missflickflack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyY993 View Post
Tell us how it went!

It was great, no reason to be nervous at all. I had a lady named Wendi and she was very friendly. It was mainly like a chat about the positions, and why I choose them and my current work experience.

One tip I can give is have a couple of questions to ask at the end, they like to see that you are genuinely interested in the program!

she said I will now in a few days to 2 weeks at the max???

Let me know how you interview goes!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #11
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

I got interviewed today and to be honest I was nervous over nothing. My top 3 was anything in Hospitality(because I worked at a hotel before), attractions, and recreation. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. But I have a question for people who have already done the program. Am I done with all the interview stuff now since I did the WBI and Phone interview? She might have told me but I was nervous at the time and don't remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missflickflack View Post
It was great, no reason to be nervous at all. I had a lady named Wendi and she was very friendly. It was mainly like a chat about the positions, and why I choose them and my current work experience.

One tip I can give is have a couple of questions to ask at the end, they like to see that you are genuinely interested in the program!

she said I will now in a few days to 2 weeks at the max???

Let me know how you interview goes!
Haha...you actually got interviewed by the same person I did right after me. I was interviewed at 10:30(well more like 10:45 because she called late). So sorry if she called you late because it took her a while to call me lol.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:38 AM   #12
psherman42
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGoofy View Post
I got interviewed today and to be honest I was nervous over nothing. My top 3 was anything in Hospitality(because I worked at a hotel before), attractions, and recreation. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. But I have a question for people who have already done the program. Am I done with all the interview stuff now since I did the WBI and Phone interview? She might have told me but I was nervous at the time and don't remember.

Haha...you actually got interviewed by the same person I did right after me. I was interviewed at 10:30(well more like 10:45 because she called late). So sorry if she called you late because it took her a while to call me lol.
Yep. Next you'll find out if you're accepted or not.

Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #13
missflickflack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGoofy View Post

Thats funny, no she called maybe 3 mins late, it was all good gave me a few extra minutes to relax! and yes you are all done with the interview process. It is now the nerve racking wait time to hear back!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #14
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psherman42 View Post
Yep. Next you'll find out if you're accepted or not.
Oh no...now I'm super nervous. I hope I gave a good enough interview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missflickflack View Post
Thats funny, no she called maybe 3 mins late, it was all good gave me a few extra minutes to relax! and yes you are all done with the interview process. It is now the nerve racking wait time to hear back!
The wait actually made me even more nervous, but I felt like I handled the pressure well. And good luck.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I had my interview on Tuesday which was scheduled for 10:15 but she didn't call me until 10:30. Margie was my recruiter and she was nice but the interview was much shorter than last time. I goofed and only clicked on the hospitality roles as most interested and didn't check off any others. I was under the misunderstanding to keep it to three for some reason. She said that may hurt me in the selection process so she added attractions and I think Photopass to my list.

She said I should hear something within 2 weeks via email and/or to watch the Dashboard. Does anybody know if the Dashboard changes to "Interview Stage" like it does with Professional Internships? I was in Interview Stage for 2 internships this past Spring up until the final day of selections then received the dreaded rejection email. )

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: