Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

NoAlice?Rabbit,Hatter&Chessie Do a HolidayTrip.NEW11/27 1 More Day&I crush on Snowmen

Welcome to "No Alice? White Rabbit, Mad Hatter & Chessie Do a 3/4 Holiday Trip"...

(with a Through the Looking Glass Flashback to California/Disneyland Road Trip...)

No Alice-is literal, there will literally be no Alice on this trip...

White Rabbit, Mad Hatter & Chessie Do a 3/4 Holiday Trip-refers to a long pre Holiday Weekend-November 29th -December 3rd ... where 3/4 of our family plan to have 5 days and 4 nights of pre holiday frivolity and festivity and experience some new -at least 3- Disney experiences in a variety of categories...

The Place: A Beach Club Villas Studio

The Cast:

Alice (Who will be there in spirit if not body) Currently 17-soon to be 18, Great daughter, awesome big sister, smart as a whip, kind and empathetic, a bit (or more) dramatic and a senior working hard on her last year of high school and getting into college next year...

The White Rabbit- 10, Sweet son and doting little brother, also smart as a whip, sometimes actually brilliant, compassionate, creative thinker and frequently lovably eccentric.

The Mad Hatter-Husband and Father Extraordinaire, great dry sense of humor, likes to stick to the plan but fairly tolerant of the craziness around him.

& finally me, the Cheshire Cat who tends to wear a semi permanent smirk or I prefer to think of it as a smile. And Depending on the day and circumstances I can channel my inner Alice or my inner Queen of Hearts.

To give a little insight how we got to this trip, I'll give a little Disney background and go back to our California/Disneyland road trip and the path to this trip...

So grab your beverage of choice...coffee, tea, an adult beverage...or a combination like the Irish coffee I was drinking in San Francisco and come on Through the Looking Glass with me...

Last edited by PracPerfPatricia; 11-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I'm here and anxious to read along. I've missed you!!!
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Where have YOU been? I can't even get you to visit my TR and you-re in it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hi, Patricia!!! I'm here for all the fun!!! I can't wait! Like others have said, you've been missed! Looking forward to all your adventures.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #7
MEK
DIS Veteran

Here! Your kids are as adorable as ever! Looking forward to more!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

I am here!! So glad to see you back here!!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hey Anita... I'm so glad you're here. I did clearly remember all of your raving about the BCV and all of that Dis enabling had its impact -we're now owners of 80 points...based at BCV and we have points to use for our upcoming trip... (We're hoping to add 25 more in the next couple of months to take us to 105...) So excited-I've always wanted to stay there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here too!!! You've been missed, can't wait to see what you've all been up to!
Welcome Cynthia ... Is is absolutely stunning right now in the Pacific Northwest? I'm betting you aren't experiencing the lovely humidity we've had in the mid Atlantic......me no likey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Here! Your kids are as adorable as ever! Looking forward to more!

Thanks Mary Ellen... Yep...they do clean up pretty nicely... We've decided to keep them...
Old 09-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hi, Patricia!!! I'm here for all the fun!!! I can't wait! Like others have said, you've been missed! Looking forward to all your adventures.
Hi Jackie... I missed being here... but am really glad to be back... Connor's sense of humor reminds me so much of David in relation to his sister...

Hey btw... I'm looking for a good Halloween read... anything come to mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm in!
Hey Amy... Happy that you here for the ride... Hope Alex and Zach are continuing to have a great beginning to school...So far Mr. David, 5th grader seems happy but you know... 5th grade is a whole new world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am here!! So glad to see you back here!!!
Magdalene Guten Tag or not since it might be night in Germany right now... I'm very happy that you're here...
Old 09-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

You are going to love the location of Beach Club! I hope the weather is good for swimming because the pool is so much fun!!! We stray from home and stay at other resorts from time to time, but every time we walk into the Beach Club we feel like we have truly come home....
Old 09-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #12
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Warning: This first portion of this post may be boring or melancholic if you haven't read my trip reports before or maybe even if you have...

Hmmmm... I have so much I want to write about that I'm having a hard time trying to organize my thoughts...

The last trip report or ptr I wrote or was in the process of writing was back two years ago... when I was writing about Em's tentative 16th birthday trip at WDW... while simultaneously writing about our Trip to Paris and our day trip to DLP...

Wellllllllllllll......The 16th Birthday Multigenerational WDW trip didn't turn out exactly how I had planned...to make a long, incredibly twisted, frustrating extended family story- simple...We didn't do it. Emily did have an opportunity to go to Universal for several days (the Wizarding World of Harry Potter had just opened) and we took several friends and I got to chaperone ... which was actually pretty fun and she had a great time.

(I would like to reopen my PTR if just to finish the Paris portion and the Disneyland Paris part- I'd like the closure and I know how much great info I glean from other's trip reports...I just have to see if I can reopen it...??? Has anyone ever done this before...???

I think looking back I was just getting so frustrated and sad and upset that I stopped writing my report...

I was reading and lurking around the boards but I stopped writing for a bit because I didn't want to sound whiny and annoyed (with my extended family...)

Anyway the experience did teach me that you really can't control anyone else's behavior just your reaction to it and learn to breath deeply...

Then a bunch of other life issues just happened... illnesses, other stresses-work, child development stuff, more family and honestly I was in a little bit of a funk...

I started lurking around the boards again about six months ago and realized how much fun and support was always here in addition to it just being a really positive place with lots of lovely upbeat people who all have a disturbingly intense interest in all things Disney and are quite possibly addicted to Disney...

I missed everyone very much and am really glad to be back...

And that's my 30 second pity party so now I can hopefully resume the fun stuff...

Warning lifted...Ok... boring part over-at least I hope...

I am going to primarily talk about the plans for this upcoming trip...

Go back and talk a little about what we did in California and Disneyland last summer...

and maybe threw in just a little bit about our road trip to Maine, Quebec and Cooperstown this past summer...

Next UP... Talking about this upcoming trip...
Old 09-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Wellllllllllllll......The 16th Birthday Multigenerational WDW trip didn't turn out exactly how I had planned...to make a long, incredibly twisted, frustrating extended family story- simple...We didn't do it. Emily did have an opportunity to go to Universal for several days (the Wizarding World of Harry Potter had just opened) and we took several friends and I got to chaperone ... which was actually pretty fun and she had a great time.
Oh Patricia, I am so sorry. Herding cats is just plain exhausting, hopefully teenagers were better at Universal. Sounds like a decent replacement, if not the trip your dreams were made of. I'm facing a semi similar boat and struggling with the question of trying to force something to happen or to just walk away and see if anyone else picks up the ball.

Quote:
(I would like to reopen my PTR if just to finish the Paris portion and the Disneyland Paris part- I'd like the closure and I know how much great info I glean from other's trip reports...I just have to see if I can reopen it...??? Has anyone ever done this before...???
Probably email a moderator? I've never done it though...I'd love to read about that trip though!

Quote:
I think looking back I was just getting so frustrated and sad and upset that I stopped writing my report...

I was reading and lurking around the boards but I stopped writing for a bit because I didn't want to sound whiny and annoyed (with my extended family...)

Anyway the experience did teach me that you really can't control anyone else's behavior just your reaction to it and learn to breath deeply...

Then a bunch of other life issues just happened... illnesses, other stresses-work, child development stuff, more family and honestly I was in a little bit of a funk...

I started lurking around the boards again about six months ago and realized how much fun and support was always here in addition to it just being a really positive place with lots of lovely upbeat people who all have a disturbingly intense interest in all things Disney and are quite possibly addicted to Disney...

Oh whine away. I'm a big fan of the good, bad and the ugly. It's not all sunshine and ponies out there, as much as we wish it was! I am very very glad you are back and can very much understand the desire to be away for a bit and regroup.

Quote:
Warning lifted...Ok... boring part over-at least I hope...
I am going to primarily talk about the plans for this upcoming trip...

Go back and talk a little about what we did in California and Disneyland last summer...

Love love love that picture of Emily! I can't wait to hear about DLR, Cali, Quebec, all your adventures AND your upcoming trip! Fun stuff
Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[Anyway the experience did teach me that you really can't control anyone else's behavior just your reaction to it and learn to breath deeply...
I learned that lesson oh so well with my June trip. You missed out on all that pre trip saga, but at one point my brother was literally going to stay home. He had refused to go.

So, I agree that you can't control anyone's behavior and sometimes planning a trip for other people is just NOT meant to be.

Quote:
"disturbingly intense" I love that description. It's so true! I love the TR boards because I have met some of the nicest people from here. People that live literally across the country (Cynthia eandesmom) and people that live practically in my backyard (Captain Oblivious) and people at many points in between. I never would have had the chance to know any of these people if I had not starting visiting the TR boards. And knowing them has enriched my life and made me step outside of my comfort zone.

Quote:

I know I am not alone when I say that I am very glad to see you back!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #15
TMGosizk
Mouseketeer

I'm new here to the DISboards and just read your PTR so far!! Can't wait to read more about your upcoming trip!!!

I'll Have a New Ticker Soon!

My First TR (in progress): Forget the Plans, We'll Just Play It By EAR!
First PTR:Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Till Morning...to Disney World! Sep2013
TMGosizk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: