Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Brummig
Mouseketeer

Adding more guests on arrival at hotel - anyone had a problem doing this?

We are going back to hotels for our next visit after several campervan stays. I have read about booking the room for 1 or 2 people, and adding extra guests (who have annual passes), and just paying the room tax for them. DH is nervous about doing this, and I had a very confused conversation with someone on the booking line, who eventually said that adding more people to the room would be at the desceretion of the hotel as to if they would allow this at all and how much they would charge. Has anyone ever had a problem when they have done this? We are looking at going 14th Dec for 2 nights to DLH.
Brummig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

there is no point discussing this with the agents on the phone for DLP. The hotel check-in staff are the ones who are used to this process, and in my own personal experience, there is absolutely no problem doing this, at all.

Call the hotel yourself, a few days (but not before this) before you arrive at DLP. Explain you will need a room for however many in total, because 2 extra guests will be joining you but do not need park tickets. This will help ensure that you get a room with enough beds to sleep you all.

Remember though, you can't go over the maximum occupancy of your room when you add your extra guests names at check-in (so if you've paid for a standard room on your package, the total number of guests cannot exceed 4 plus one infant (ie aged under 3 years old).
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
markpsych
DIS Veteran

We've done this at the DCR approx. 8 times over the last few years, with no problem....except on a couple of occasions when the CM didn't fully understand the process and had to get assistance from a colleague.

As Elaine suggested, I think the only problem people have encountered is trying to squeeze people into a room that isn't fit for purpose. e.g., an adult into a room that only has a spare bunk bed available.
markpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

I had issues at the DLH with this in June. Long convoluted story which you can read in my TR if you like . It really did cause us issues for the whole of our duration, mainly down to the fact we missed out on DLH fast passes the first night, others were promised for later in the holiday and we had to keep going to reception when they weren't delivered to our room, despite promises. The room was set up for 1 person (minimal towels for 4 of us) and the turn down service was for 1 person the first two nights (even though it was clear there were children in there and both beds were being used?) - caused no end of upset to my two children! etc.

In future, I will always ensure that I confirm by email how many people will be staying in the room before arrival - ask for a reply so that you know they have it. If you don't get one (sometimes they aren't that quick), then take a copy of the email with you. I think it is better that they are forewarned, although others haven't had issues at all?

I did email them before our June trip to ask for a room that slept 4 (two doubles) and when I changed my booking I asked the telephone CM if I needed to inform the DLH that my family (APs) were staying in the room too - she told me not to as she would ensure it was in the notes to the hotel - this never happened, if it did, then they didn't act on it!

To be fair, it wasn't the best stay we've had in the DLH and there were issues with the reservation itself which didn't help (not to do with APs/adding people). So much so that it did really all add up and spoil our holiday but we are going back in November and are trying again at the hotel (much to my Mother's persuasion) as we've had great stays there before. So fingers crossed it goes smoothly this time .

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
Mrs Stonfiesta
My name is Julie and i am a bread roll "borrower"

We have done this loads and never really had an issue, we have been charge different prices to from no charge to 20euro in total but normally aroundd 4euros for 3/4 nights.
Dec 1992 ~ WDW Florida, May 1999 ~ WDW Florida, Mar 2003 ~ Hotel Santa Fe, Mar 2005 ~ Cheyenne, July 2005 ~ Cheyenne, Feb 2006 ~ All-Star Sports, May 2006 ~ Sequoia Lodge, Sept 2006 ~ Cheyenne, Dec 2006 ~ Cheyenne, Jan 2007 ~ All Star Sports, Sept 2007~ Santa Fe, Nov 2007 ~ Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2008 ~ All Star Sports, May 2008~ Davy Crockett Ranch, Sept 2008 ~ Hotel New York, Dec 2008 ~ Cheyenne, March 2009 ~ Disneyland Hotel, April 2009 ~ Cheyenne, February 2010 ~ Port Orleans Riverside,Sept 2010 ~ Davy Crockett Ranch, Dec 2010 ~ Sequoia Lodge, May 2011 ~ Port Orleans Riverside, Sept 2011 ~ Newport Bay Club,, Jan 2012 ~ Port Orleans Riverside

Mrs Stonfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Brummig
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the speedy responses guys. This is the long promised mother in law trip (hence the hotel, not the camper) so we don't want there to be any hitches - like 2 of us not been allowed in the room!!

We are toying with idea of DLH, but I don't think we can justify the extra cost, so maybe Sequoia. We have stayed in Cheyenne before which DS loves, but m-i-l wouldn't like it, and we want to be closer to the parks.
Brummig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

There won't be any fastpass issues with Sequoia which is one less worry! I'm sure emailing them, it will all be fine. We paid around 4-5 euros for DH for the 5 nights we had in June which is brilliant - both DDs were free as they kindly gave us the under 12 offer, rather than under 7 (which would have meant tax for DD1 as well as DH).

Hope you manage to get it booked and sorted out Sequoia really does look a great hotel and does appeal to me but I just don't fancy it in the cold with the girls due to the walk or relying on buses. If we were to go back spring/summer I would definitely consider it - it looks lovely .

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: