Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Talking "The Pre-Trip Report that wasn't written. or was it? A 2012PTR - 11.11

This Pre-Trip Report was almost non-existent, because our trip wasn't in our books until August 29, 2012.

This Pre-Trip Report was almost non-existent, because our trip wasn't in our books until yesterday.

My parents took me by surprise a little, because I was asking whether or not we would be going this year as we always do.
Their response, was "maybe," then "no," to "let's not talk about it now," back to "Maybe," and then "No." So I was surprised that they said "book it."

So we booked flights and a Disney World package yesterday, August 29, 2012. I will post chapters as they come.

Only 17 more HOURS!!!!

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 11-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Luv0fDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Cool

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 11-10-2012 at 05:22 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Intros

INTROS:

Party of 2:

My Mom. Retired. Favorite character: Peter Pan. Favorite Ride: Peter Pans Flight.
Favorite Princess: Snow White. Favorite Restaurant: Raglan Road. Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom

&

ME.
Unemployed College Graduate. Favorite Character(s): Stitch and Tinkerbell.
Favorite Ride: Tower Of Terror. Favorite Princess: Belle.
Favorite Restaurant: Raglan Road. Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios.

My mom and I have been going yearly to the world since my High School graduation present in October of 2005. Since then we have stayed in only 3 hotels: Caribbean Bean Resort, All Star Music, and Pop Century. Caribbean Beach Resort was a high school graduation gift. In my opinion, I did not like CBR because it was too much time on the buses going to port to port in the hotel. All Star Music we did not like because the layout sucked and we ended up getting the farthest room away from the main terminal. We have come to love Pop Century. It has an amazing layout and we have gotten pretty close to the main terminal w/o even clicking on "preferred room," on disneyworld.com.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
ilovedisney1
Class of 2008!
A tag, with sugar on top! ;-)

Can't wait to read more!

ilovedisney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo another November dis-er!!! We'll be there nov 12-23rd with a three day cruise thrown in there. We loved the CBR! We haven't been there since 2004 though. Luckily this trip we get to stay at three of the hotels on property. I look forward to reading more.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

So glad I got followers!!! I'm trying to post another chapter today....

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 09-03-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Red face Day Plans

Day Plans

Okay, now that the initial Vacations Plans, ADRs and EMH's have been established, on to Day plans. Although none of these plans are written in stone and usually do change, he's what I believe we are going to do. hehehe. First of all, I am highly disappointed that there are hardly any EMH's for night time, as the morning emh's are not our favorites. Argh. The only evenings are the 12th and 16th.

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
:

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 10-05-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #8
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Wink Day 1

Our flight leaves NJ 7:10am

and arrives at MCO around 10:30am.

With the time buses get to and from the airport we will be at our resort in time for lunch. Also now Art of Animation is part of the Scoop of Resorts to the Pop Century from MCO.

Funny thing is, that every year we go, Hollywood Studios is ALWAYS the first park we go to. I don't know why. I don't think it's on purpose, but it IS my favorite park. But normally we usually go to the park that has the least amount on the queue line at the park first day. Sometimes this is for the rest of trip.

Our dinner reservation for Raglan RD is 4:30pm so that will give us 2-3 hrs at the park of the day, which is either Studios or Magic Kingdom because the Food and Wine Festival is still going on at Epcot for that day. Argh.

After Raglan Rd, if we both choose the Bread pudding, we will probably make a stop back at the hotel to put the leftovers away.

Then we'll and that maybe hope back on a bus to the Studios for EMH. Yey.
My goal is to go on the ToT at night at least once. Then back to our hotel for Zzzz's. lol.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Day 2

Tuesday, November 13, 2012. Our mornings consist of breakfast at the Pop Century food court, which is usually the french toast with sausage and bacon, a coffee or orange juice. Afterwards we would head out to the park of choice. Having the park hopper we are able to hop parks. I was thinking either starting with the Magic Kingdom and ending at Animal Kingdom since we have dinner at Yak and Yeti at 4:15pm. I love eating right next to closing time, By the time we are done eating the park is closed/closing and we practically have the park to ourselves as we walk out of the park. Afterwards we will probably head back to Pop Century, being that there are no EMH hours except for the Friday ... Perhaps I will go for a swim in the pool at the resort or check out Art of Animation...

This day's EMH is Morning at Epcot...Just for those who wanted to know.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #10
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I saw you just posted on my PTR and saw you had your own. I'm leaving for Disney on Saturday, but I'm sigining up and will try to catch up when I get home.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #11
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Wink

Awesome.
Have a great trip!
Looking forward to reading your trip report.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

My Favorite Rides and Attractions

Our Favorite RIdes & Attractions

I am taking time out of Day plans to tell you about our favorite rides and attractions.

Our first favorite and not so favorite ride (at the same time) is the bus ride from the parks at night. It's our favorite because we know when we get to the hotel and to our room, we will be lying down in beds with our feet up. All together, "Ahhhh." At the same time it's not our favorite of course because of the crowds and the walk to the bus terminal for Pop Century. Argh. I guess thats what you get for Value Resorts. lol. Anyway, mostly at night we will often be standing on the trip home, which is a pest at times. But we have learned to go home to our resort 30-40 minutes prior to every one getting back from the fireworks. To us Fireworks are fireworks and mostly are the same every where. They go up Pop and come down. lol. But I do appreciate the show when we do stay.

Anyway on to the REAL Rides and Attractions.
I'll start with Magic Kingdom....

This is my 3rd favorite park after DHS (1) and Epcot (2).
My favorite attractions are:

Space Moutain
Splash Moutanin
Tomorrowland's People Mover
Carousel of Progress
Pirates of the Caribbean *
* Watch out. If you do decide to bring you DSL camera onto this ride, there is a drop. I learned this the hard way...sort of.

Mickey's Philarmagic
Peter pans Flight.

Okay. So not all the rides are my favorites. My mom likes the Haunted Mansion. The last time I was on this ride was in 2009 which was before I got a fear of death and stuff. But perhaps I shall push through this fear this year and try...at least I can see the new que things.

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 09-14-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Fav. Attractions: Hollywood Studios

Fav.Attractions: Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Studios is my most favorite park out of the four. It has a lot of different attractions worth the admission in my opinion. Here are some of my favorite attractions and rides

- Tower of Terror
- Aerosmith
- Toy Story Mania
- The Art Animation Studio
- The Great Movie Ride
- Fantasmic

I have eaten here at all the restaurants including The Brown Derby which was a waste of 2 TS. It was not worth 2 TS. More like 1. Argh. I will NOT be eating here at BD again. I have seen and done everything at this park at least 1x.

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 09-17-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
ilovedisney1
Class of 2008!
A tag, with sugar on top! ;-)

There is quite a bit of Agent P stuff out. So I am sure you will be able to find something you might like.

ilovedisney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #15
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

I am mostly looking forward to the quests. not exactly the merchandize

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: