Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
RGirl
DIS Veteran

A Mother-Daughter Sea/Land August Trip - UPDATE! CHANGES??? (2/24)

Hello! My name is Roni, and I just completed a report of our July DCL cruise to Alaska. And, well, I can’t stand the thought of not having a report going, so yes, I am starting a PTR for an August 2013 trip today - the last day of August 2012.

My traveling companion is my daughter Willow. She is currently 5 years old (starting kindergarten next week ) and will be 6 on our next Disney adventure. Here are some pictures of us!

Earlier this year:

At WDW in October 2011:

Compared to many of you, DD and I are very recent Disney People. We had our first trip to WDW in October 2010, and we were hooked. We went back again in October 2011, and in January 2012, I surprised DD with a trip to Disneyland on her fifth birthday. This summer, as mentioned above, we mixed things up a bit by doing our first Disney cruise. And we LOVED it!

So while onboard the Wonder, I took advantage of the discounts offered and booked another cruise - the 14-day repositioning cruise through the Panama Canal. A trip like that through the Panama Canal is a bucket-list item for me, so I am super-excited to do it.

However, DD is only 5 (will be 6 then), and I am not sure that it would be as much fun for her. So, after wrestling with it for a while, I decided to delay that trip by a year or two (it would require taking her out of school, and I think I may still be able to get away with that in first or second grade) so that she can read some books about the Canal and learn about it before we go.

So the question is: what are we going to do instead????? I have booked a replacement trip for August 2013 (horrified at the thought of being a slave to the school year from now on, but that’s the way it has to be for the most part). Hopefully, a few of my buddies from my TRs will follow me over here and join in a little guessing game along with anyone else who might join in. So…..

WHERE ARE WILLOW AND RONI GOING????

Once we have that established, we can discuss whether the current plan is a good one or whether it needs some tweaking.

Last edited by RGirl; 02-24-2013 at 08:26 PM.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
Meganyvemarie
Mouseketeer

I found your last TP about 2 weeks ago and have been following it ever since Cant wait to hear about your next adventure together

Megan
Meganyvemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Hey there! Don't keep us in suspense!! So if you're not doing the Panama Canal....where are you going? JMO but you're probably smart in delaying that trip. Willow might not appreciate the PC at age 6. Ok...this is just a guess, but you were asking about prices at WDW, so does this mean that you will be going out of Port Canaveral??? The Dream....The Fantasy???

I'll wait.....

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

I'm HERE!!!

We can start the party now!!! YAY!

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Also! Come to Hawaii with all of us going!!! It will be awesome!!!!

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganyvemarie View Post
I found your last TP about 2 weeks ago and have been following it ever since Cant wait to hear about your next adventure together

Megan
Welcome Megan! Thanks so much for reading my last report and for joining me here! I hope that we can all have fun and that everyone will help me plan this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hey there! Don't keep us in suspense!! So if you're not doing the Panama Canal....where are you going? JMO but you're probably smart in delaying that trip. Willow might not appreciate the PC at age 6. Ok...this is just a guess, but you were asking about prices at WDW, so does this mean that you will be going out of Port Canaveral??? The Dream....The Fantasy???

I'll wait.....

Heather
I really, really want to do the PC cruise - I love sea days, and there are tons of them. And the Panama Canal - I mean, how cool!!! I am guessing that I will end up booking it onboard again. Surely it is educational enough to justify missing two weeks of first grade, right????

Come on - I need a valid guess here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
I'm HERE!!!

We can start the party now!!! YAY!
Welcome!!! I'm glad you are joining in again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
Also! Come to Hawaii with all of us going!!! It will be awesome!!!!
That cruise is going to be amazing! Some day, some day........
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

AGGGGHHHHHHGGGG! I'm sooooo sorry to be so late!! I was stuck at work all weekend!

Going back to actually read now.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
shan23877

I think your plan sounds great!!

I don't think you should worry too much about August. It will be very, very hot but you can take pool breaks and since so many ride queues are air conditioned, you should be fine. We did August last year, and it was much more crowded than April, but totally manageable. In fact, the character lines were longer in April than they were on the August trip!

Yay for POR Royal Room!! That's one of the packages that I currently have saved! If the BCV points rental doesn't work out, that may be where we end up as well. If you stay at POR, you'll almost have to go to DTD, the boat ride there is great!

I think the surprise will be amazing too! That will be so much fun!

I think you're right. Between the 3 of us, we should be able to keep 3 TRs or PTRs running continuously. I just though about it yesterday and realized that I likely won't finish my TR until November or December at the rate I'm going. And 6 months isn't too early to start a PTR, so I should be good!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
RGirl
DIS Veteran

No - I have not abandoned my PTR already!

I have been struck down with the flu since Sunday. Now that my fever has come down a bit from 103 and I can breathe again (well, sort of), I thought I would check in.

I hope to get replies done tonight, but first I want to try to catch up on all of your TRs.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
shan23877

Oh no! I hope that you're feeling better very soon. And what an awful time too, I'm sure you're very busy with back to school and such.

Feel Better!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Oh no! Sorry you've been sick!!!

Old 09-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #12
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

OMG I just finished reading your Alaska TR and loved it!!! You took amazing pictures. I can't wait to read your next TR..

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Signing on! Your trip sounds amazing so far! I have never done any of the shows, either. Can't wait to hear what you choose!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #14
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
OMG I just finished reading your Alaska TR and loved it!!! You took amazing pictures. I can't wait to read your next TR..
Wow - thank you!!! We had such a great cruise - I can't wait to get on the Fantasy next year! Thanks for joining in here - sorry it's been pretty slow. I know I will pick up as we start doing more planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Signing on! Your trip sounds amazing so far! I have never done any of the shows, either. Can't wait to hear what you choose!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Welcome! Thanks so much for joining in!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #15
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hello there! Sorry I have been a bit AWOL. Life is just crazy since kindergarten started. And I have been struggling to get over that bug I had at the beginning of September.

ANYWAY, I am back! I wanted to share a few pictures with y’all. These are from the first day of school (this was a half day):

And these are from the first full day of school:

This one is just because I think it is sweet with the sunlight from the rising sun as we drove over to my folks’ house - I think this may have been the first morning that Willow started going over there and getting a ride to school with her grandfather.

Finally, one more because her outfit just cracks me up!

And now a little Disney. Willow and I have been chatting about what restaurants we would like to try this time. Some of the ones in the running right now are listed below. Would love to hear your thoughts!

CRT (because we seem to have to go there) - considering dinner this time; we have always done lunch before

Be Our Guest (hoping for an ADR here - and yes, in case you were wondering, I am ALL FOR the addition of wine to the MK at this establishment )

Teppan Edo (Willow is really into chop sticks, and we do not have this sort of restaurant in our little town, so it would be fun for her, I think)

California Grill or Yachtsman (really wanting to try a signature this time - was leaning towards CG, but Willow loves steak, so maybe Yachtsman?)

One of the Mexican restaurants in Epcot because we both love Mexican food

Chef Mickey’s (we really want to go back for the fun, dinner this time instead of breakfast)

Any thoughts, suggestions, other recommendations? I do not plan on making a TON of ADRs knowing the amount of food that we will be having on the cruise, but I do want to do a few places.

Last edited by RGirl; 10-05-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: