Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
boscoj
Mouseketeer

DK Livery?

Does anyone have any experience with their service....good or bad? Their prices for a party of 6 is very reasonable compared to the shuttles or other town car services....just need some reviews to help m decide!

Thanks!
boscoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
KFJames
Mouseketeer

We used them for our trip at easter & as we were coming from the UK was a bit apprehensive but would highly recommend. Excellent service, polite, nice modern clean vehicle
KFJames is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
IBLarsen
DIS Veteran

Do a search for them in the threads. There are a couple transportation threads going right now that mention this company by name as being recommended. I just looked them up last night based on a recommendation within that thread I was reading. So to me they sound like a good company to go with, based on what others have said.
IBLarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

We've used them a few times and will again in October. They have always been polite, on time, and the vehicles are well-maintained. Twice now we've had an SUV instead of the towncar we booked, but I can hardly complain about that. Also, they offer a free grocery stop, which comes in very handy.

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic!
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*
Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
aimathy
Mouseketeer

We used DK's Livery and loved it.

I would HIGHLY recommend DK Livery. We just used their service a few weeks ago for our trip to California and they were excellent. He was there on time at the luggage area to meet us, got all of our luggage and took it to the SUV for us. We had 5 people, one of whom was a 4 year old that needed a car seat. The SUV was immaculate, the driver was pleasant and friendly, the car seat was so clean (a relief!) and the trip was easy. They were so affordable and there were NO OTHER STOPS! That alone was key for us. I dreaded having to stop at other hotels, or circling the airport to fill a van. We were the only passengers and I couldn't ask for more. I highly recommend using them!
aimathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #6
boscoj
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the replies! I'm glad that everyone has positive reviews....I was just curious because they cost so much less than all the other car services.

Another question, I know that $88 is supposed to b all inclusive but did any of u add a little more for an additional tip?
boscoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
luckymama524
Earning My Ears

I'd love to hear some other suggestions too! We are also flying in to SNA so now I'm a little worried to use DK! It doesn't matter if it's a towncar or limo but I would love to know other companies that offer the free stop at the grocery store. This will be my first trip to Disney and I have no idea what's around our hotel so I'd like to be able to stop to get some drinks and snacks.
luckymama524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
jjharts
Mouseketeer

We used Shooting Star Livery from SNA to the Grand Californian and back. We were very happy with the service. The driver met us by baggage claim with a sign and was right on time for the return service. There were 7 of us so we went with a van. She did a great job driving and was very pleasant. I give them 2 thumbs up

10/2014 - Art of Animation/Boardwalk, 6/2014- Fantasy eastern Caribbean/Bay Lake Towers, 6/2013 - abd Scotland, 12/2012 - Grand Californian, 6/2012 - Magic (Canada), 9/2011 - Bay Lake Towers, 6/2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Vero Beach, 4/2010 - Grand Californian/Paradise Pier/Disneyland Hotel, 12/2009 - Poly/AKL/Wonder, 6/2008 - Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom/Boardwalk, 2005 - Wilderness Lodge/Polynesian/Wonder, 2003 - Polynesian/Animal Kingdom Lodge, 1994 & 1976 - offsite
jjharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
tikimao
Earning My Ears

How different are these livery services from just hiring a taxi at the airport?

I admit it's been a while since I was in So Cal (2006) and on our last trip, we had 7 people so just got a single taxi van for all of us. We didn't need groceries, so that wasn't an issue.

Are the liveries cheaper than an airport taxi? I would never consider a shuttle (with our family of 5, the per-person charges always make it more expensive than a taxi ride).
tikimao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
jjharts
Mouseketeer

It's probably a little more expensive to go with a car service. We paid around $150 each way including tip for the seven of us. We did not stop by a grocery store. I went with the car service because I didn't know if a taxi van would be available without a wait. Last time we were at DL we used the Disneyland Resort Express (I think that is what the bus service is called??). We had to wait for an hour for the darn bus to show up

10/2014 - Art of Animation/Boardwalk, 6/2014- Fantasy eastern Caribbean/Bay Lake Towers, 6/2013 - abd Scotland, 12/2012 - Grand Californian, 6/2012 - Magic (Canada), 9/2011 - Bay Lake Towers, 6/2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Vero Beach, 4/2010 - Grand Californian/Paradise Pier/Disneyland Hotel, 12/2009 - Poly/AKL/Wonder, 6/2008 - Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom/Boardwalk, 2005 - Wilderness Lodge/Polynesian/Wonder, 2003 - Polynesian/Animal Kingdom Lodge, 1994 & 1976 - offsite
jjharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
Eclectic Goddess
My Ears are a Pair of Devil Horns

Just realized that I hadn't updated this since I posted about our not-great experience with them back in October. I sent the owner an email expressing my unhappiness with how things went, and he was very quick to apologize. He said that they've recently been expanding and were still training new drivers. He explained the driver not meeting us at baggage claim - the parking lot was full and the delay after my DF forgot her purse in the car - the driver was taking a call about his next fare. He offered us a complimentary round trip on our next visit.

We've decided to give them a chance to redeem themselves and booked DK Livery for our trip at the end of January. We figure if the incoming trip doesn't go well, we can just cancel the return and take a cab. It's cheaper, anyway.

I'll post an update review after this trip.

Disneyland Trips
Fall 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 ~ Gay Days Anaheim
Winter 2013 ~ Off Season Magic!
*Spring 2015 ~ Star Wars Celebration*
Orlando Trips
Fall 2010 ~ Harry Potter Emersion Therapy / Visit to the ‘World
Spring 2012 ~ Taking the HLP on Holiday!
Spring 2014 ~ Princess Half / Wizarding World
Eclectic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #12
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel
I sent them an e-mail a few days ago for a quote for our trip and have heard nothing back.
I can't see where you are from on my phone, but can you give them a call tomorrow?
Now enjoying Christmas 2013 at DLH
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #13
spicedparrot
Earning My Ears

We just used them for our trip last week...some of the best car service I've had, and at a great price.
spicedparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #14
elliececil
Mouseketeer

Another satisfied customer. Used them from/to LAX on Fri Jun 7/Thu Jun 13. Driver at LAX was waiting at baggage claim. No water in that vehicle. Return to airport driver texted me 30 minutes prior that he was on his way. Arrived on time. Water in that vehicle. Vehicles (big black SUVs) were clean. Fast and efficient transportation.
elliececil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
mullii5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliececil View Post
Another satisfied customer. Used them from/to LAX on Fri Jun 7/Thu Jun 13. Driver at LAX was waiting at baggage claim. No water in that vehicle. Return to airport driver texted me 30 minutes prior that he was on his way. Arrived on time. Water in that vehicle. Vehicles (big black SUVs) were clean. Fast and efficient transportation.
Same here...we used them on Saturday, June 8...great service, nice stop at a grocery store (even let me use his discount card to get the sale prices!!). I would definitely use them again. $95.00 including tip and stop at the store? Can't beat that deal.

May 1995 All-Star Sports
May 1997 All-Star Music
October 2001 All-Star Movies
May 2003 All-Star Sports
December 2008 - Off Site
Late May/Early June 2010 - Port Orleans-Riverside
Disneyland Hotel - June 2013
mullii5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: