Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Two Castaways: WDW+DCL = Dream Vacation! August 17-26, 2012 TR Updated 9/4

Hi everyone!! It's Andrea here again with another Trip Report for you all! If you got a chance to read my Alaska Cruise TR, Thank you so much, I had such wonderful comments and questions from all of you that I was excited to write another trip report. This one is going to be a tad bit different because it was more of a relaxing vacation, so I don't have a lot of video and as many photos as the Alaska Trip, but I do still have plenty for you all to look at, photos, navigators, and so much more! Look for the links below as I post them So, I hope you enjoy this Trip Report!

Atlanta, GA - Walt Disney World (Bay Lake Tower) - Disney Dream (5 Night) - Walt Disney World (Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village)
August 17-26, 2012

List Of Links!!

Pre-Trip Report Link
Thoughts I Had and Couldn't Remember

August 17, 2012:
The Dodger Blues

August 18, 2012:
In Brightest Day

August 19, 2012:
Disney Dream Please Welcome Aboard The Chronister Family
Busy Day Sailing Away

August 20, 2012:
Konk Koolers & Gold Doubloons
Sunburns, Solarcaine, & Snails

August 21, 2012:
A Day At Sea...In Port!

Navigators And Other Cruise Documents

August 19, 2012 - Navigator
Page One - Page Two - Page Three - Page Four - Page Five - Page Six

August 20, 2012 - Navigator/CC Map
Page One - Page Two - Page Three - Page Four - Page Five - Page Six - CC Map

August 21, 2012 - Navigator
Page One - Page Two - Page Three - Page Four - Page Five - Page Six

Last edited by AAshleySEG; 09-04-2012 at 10:45 AM.
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Thoughts I Had and Couldn't Remember

I want to start this Trip Report by letting you all know why I decided to start writing Trip Reports. Lots of us have different reasons for writing them. Some of us like to help other people out with information, some write them for their own benefit, some...write them to complain, and some write them to praise! I have been on a number of vacation in my 27 years of life and let me tell you, I cannot remember most of the details of them. Sure, I have photos, videos, and vague recollection but I wanted more! I wish I had started them sooner, Jeremy and I will have conversations sometimes about what we did on such and such vacation, and I won't remember most of the details. It really started to upset me after a while, so I decided to fix it! That is when Trip Reporting presented itself to me! It was a "Eureka/Hallelujah" moment! It was a way for me to have everything at my finger tips, and when I wanted to remember or relive the experience, it was all there for me to enjoy all over again!

A lot of people ask me, doesn't it take lots of time out of your day to write all of that stuff, or they say, I always forget to do it. As to the first question, if you think about a vacation, there is a lot of down time that you don't think about. At Disney World for example, you wait in lines, people go to the restroom, you sit down to eat, you wait on shows to start, you wait on parades/fireworks, you sit on a boat or monorail, you ride on a bus/car, there is a multitude of time to jot down a few notes if you think about it! The answer to the second question is really quite simple for me. It is important to me, so I don't forget to do it, it also helps that I keep my notebook and pen very easily accessible to I can grab it, jot something down, and put it back up very quickly!

SO! Now that you all know why I write Trip Reports, I hope it may inspire some of you to do the same, if not, there are always plenty of others to read If you have children, it would be a great way for them to relive their vacation when they are older, and can't remember everything that happened while they were away, and for you adults out there like us, as you get older and your memories fade, you can always come back and relive them! With this all in mind, it brings me to my Trip Journal! There are so many types of journals out there, for my first one I just used a Mickey Journal I picked up at Walmart. This time around it fits in with the topic of this first post, so I wanted to share it with you all! I was on Jcrew.com looking through clearance items for our cruise and I came across this journal:

I knew I had to have it when I saw it! It was going to be perfect for me and I couldn't wait to start writing all of those thoughts inside! So now, without further ado, I present to you all the my latest vacation in Trip Report format for your reading pleasure and enjoyment! As always, I love to hear your comments and questions, I will gladly answer them as soon as I get a chance! Here we Go!

Last edited by AAshleySEG; 08-27-2012 at 09:48 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

The Dodger Blues: August 17, 2012

I woke up this morning at about 6:00am! I didn't have the alarm set to go off until 7:00. We had packed everything last night, but as I was walking around the house I kept finding other things that I needed or just plain forgot about. Our original plan had us getting to the bank at 8:30 when it opened, we had a check to cash, and we also needed to have quarters and ones, for room service tips/highway tolls. That kind of didn't work out the way I had hoped, Jeremy kept finding things he needed to do before we left and then my mom pulled into the driveway to drop off her things, as I was putting the last few things of ours in the car, so that kept us a little longer as well, talking and such! We finally left the house and made it about a 1/2 mile and Jeremy realized he had forgotten the dowel for the GoPro for when we go snorkeling. So we had to turn around and go back to the house to get it! Our bank is about 7.5 miles from our house, so after we had officially left for the second time, when we were almost at the bank, he realized he forgot something else!!! However, we did NOT turn around to go back this time. We made it to the bank at 8:57 and finally got on the road at 9:06. We stopped at Hardee's (Carl's Jr. For You West Coasters), for a quick drive-thru breakfast since we were 30 minutes behind schedule. It takes about 3 1/2-4 hours to get to Atlanta depending on the traffic, so to pass the time we were being silly and filming ourselves with the Go Pro singing Call Me Maybe Driving through South Carolina I happened to look up in front of me and noticed something hanging down from where the curtain airbag is!

I was like, "What The Crap", I didn't know if it was some kind of worm or even why I hadn't noticed it the whole time! Then Jeremy proceeds to tell me that he threw a banana peel out the window 2 DAYS AGO, and the banana string must have gotten stuck there, which I am sure has to be a one in a million type thing. But really, more interesting is why NEITHER of us noticed is before NOW???

We stopped to fill up the gas tank in SC. At home, at the moment, gas is $3.69 per gallon. Here, where we filled up, it was only $3.27! I mean really, $0.42 cheaper. I think that is pretty ridiculous. So we kept driving, we had planned on going to play Miniature Golf today at Pirate's Cove in Duluth, GA on the way , but when we were almost there Jeremy decided to tell me that he had not packed any pants to wear to dinner??? He only had jeans and shorts, which were just not going to work...I knew he needed a packing least geez! So that meant that instead of going to play Putt Putt, we ended up at the mall buying him a pair of pants at Express Men. Luckily, they were on clearance and then the clearance stuff was an extra 40% off!! You know what that means, I ended up getting something as well...score! We were getting a little hungry since it was after noon by now. The easiest thing to do was just stop at McDonald's and grab a quick bite. We left there, eating in the car, and made our way to our hotel for the night! We were staying at the Westin Atlanta North Perimeter. We got a great deal on Hotwire for $84, and I was very happy with that since it is a 4 Star Hotel, and BONUS they had Free Parking! We were extremely happy about that. By the time we made it up to the room it was 1:30pm! Jeremy did what he always did when we get to a hotel room...test out the bed!

We needed to leave the room by 2:00 to head to Turner Field, we wanted to try and do a Stadium Tour, of which the last was at 3:00pm! We already have game tickets and a parking pass for tonight, so at least we don't have to worry about that! With the time that we had to chill, I was able to get some trip Report notes written down...

We left the hotel right on time at 2:00pm and made it to the stadium by 2:30. Just an FYI, if you don't like driving in traffic, Atlanta is not the place for you! Jeremy HATES traffic and gets a little on edge anytime we are in Atlanta, because it doesn't matter what time of day it is, or the day of the week...the traffic is always here!!

We parked in the Green Lot (which is Free for the tour), we already had our parking pass for it as I mentioned before, so we went ahead an got it scanned since we were staying at the stadium. We didn't want to lose that fantastic parking spot, plus we love watching Batting Practice We walked straight up to the ticket window and got our Tour Tickets! Next we hung out in the Hall of Fame Museum until the tour started at 3:00! There is so much history in there, Jeremy was very surprised to see a Game Used Jackie Robinson Dodgers Jersey inside the Braves Museum, but it was there and he was ecstatic!

The tour finally started and our group was off, the very first place we went was to the field and the Braves dugout. There were already a few players on the field doing sprints and things, which was really neat to watch and be so close to them, even though we are not allowed to approach or say anything to them. Jeremy likes to pretend he is a baseball player sometimes, so I have a photo of him standing up against the rail in every dugout we have ever been on a tour to.

On this tour we were also able to see the Press Box, Suites, and the Coca Cola Skydeck which offered a really great vantage point of Atlanta. You could see the Olympic Torch from here, something else we learned while we were on the tour was that Turner Field was actually built as the Track and Field Stadium for the Olympics in 1996, but after they were over, they converted that into a baseball stadium, the original supports of the Olympic Stadium and still there surrounding the outside of the field, which is pretty awesome! Up on the sky deck they also have these really HUGE coke bottle shaped adirondack chairs, which of course we had to have a photo op with!

When the tour was completed we still had a little while until the gates opened so we went outside and found a nice place to sit in the shade, I still did apply sunscreen though, I can never be too careful about that! Oh I did forget to mention something, when we were in the press box they have televisions in there showing what is happening at the moment and Don Mattingly (Manager of the Dodgers) was on Intentional Talk which was pretty cool because we could see it on TV as well as see him on the field at the same time! A few minutes before the gates opened, we hopped up and started taking some photos around the outside of the park!

There are also a lot of statues around the outside of the Stadium and one of them features Hank Aaron, at home I happen to have a baseball signed by him that my dad got when he went to a Braves game a really long time ago at Fulton County Stadium I believe...I'll have to check the signatures on the ball to figure out the exact year it was because almost the entire team signed it...anyways, moving on. Point being...we really love Hank Aaron, and what baseball fan doesn't???

For some reason I keep forgetting to mention things, and this one made my happy so I don't know why I forgot! While we were on the tour I noticed a man wearing a DVC hat, and sure enough he was a member. I talked to him for a few minutes, but that was about it. I absolutely love the fact that you find Disney people everywhere you go!! So at 5:00 we went into the stadium, they happened to be giving out Chipper Jones commemorative posters this afternoon. We made it down to our seats just as Dodgers Batting Practice was starting! I always take TONS of photos, so I am not going to bore you guys with all of those, but if you happen to be interested in baseball photos, I will put them all on Facebook so you can click the link and enjoy. I will however, show you one photo. If any of you watched the Olympics, I am sure you have heard of Misty May-Treanor! She is a Gold Medalist in Beach Volleyball. Well...she happens to be married to Matt Treanor, who is a catcher for the Dodgers! It was always fun to watch the Beach Volleyball matches, and then when she was finished she would always say Go Dodgers!! So I did manage to get a back shot of her hubby and our backup Dodger catcher for you all

So we got settled in our seats and were excited for the game to start, we happened to start talking to the couple who were sitting behind us and they only lived about 30 minutes away from where we did. I do want to give you a little background on the small town that I live in, there is one main restaurant in my town...and it is called "The Wood Shed", there is really nothing else that anyone would know Stanley for. Well, we were talking to these people and he asked me where we were from...I said near Charlotte, because that is a good reference point. Then he asked which town and when I said Stanley, he said "That's where The Wood Shed is!" I couldn't believe how strange it was for someone to know what that is...let alone where it is. So that kind of made my day. Jeremy walked up and got us some peanuts and drinks, I always have to get peanuts at a baseball game, they are my favorite! It was a fantastic game! We got to see Chipper Jones hit a home run during his last major league season which was cool! Unfortunately the Dodgers lost in 11 innings, but that was ok...it's not like we hadn't seen them lose before and we still had fun! Before the game was over a took a photo from our seats that I thought looked pretty cool, we were sitting right behind the bat boy looking down the 3rd baseline!

We didn't make it back to the hotel until Midnight. We got showers and ready for bed, while Jeremy was taking his, I took the time to write down some TR notes, and then we were ready for bed! Our "Plan" for tomorrow is to leave by 8:00 to make our way to Walt Disney World and our next home for one night Bay Lake Tower! But for now...you gotta love those Westin Heavenly Beds!

Last edited by AAshleySEG; 08-27-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Great start! Can't wait to hear more!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
meriberi00
Mouseketeer

I read your Alaskan cruise TR and was counting down the days til your returned from this last trip! I love your pics!! Can't wait to see how the rest of your trip went

Meredith-Me
Daniel-DH
Elias-DS
Ean-DS
meriberi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
cruisinpenguin
I Love...Penguins

Hi Andrea! It was great meeting you on our incredible Dream cruise!! Lovin' the start of your tr can't wait to read more!!
Laurie

cruisinpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
All American
DIS Veteran

I read your Alaska trip report, really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to reading this latest edition. I know you explained why you write them, and I really appreciate that you take the time to share with the rest of us. For someone like me who is still counting down the days, it is a really great reminder (through pictures and words) of what we have to look forward to, why we are getting on that treadmill every day, and why we are skipping that meal out in order to save money for our own adventure.

Thanks for sharing; love your pictures!!!

DH Me DD DD
All American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #8
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Glad to see another Cruise report from you. I really enjoyed ur Alaska cruise report...so much in fact that when I go on the Dream for my 2013/2014 birthday and NYE cruise I plan on booking Alaska.
Now two questions
What is this SOTMK card game? and what is the Kiss goodnight ceremony?

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #9
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriberi00 View Post
Great updates!! Were you able to get any pics of the new part of Fantasyland that is finished? I am so curious to see what it looks like
I didn't take but one I think, there were SOOO many people there it was really tough to get any at all, but I found a thread that has some really great photos in the first link, they are night photos but it gives you a really great look at it! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2893923

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American View Post
I read your Alaska trip report, really enjoyed it, and am looking forward to reading this latest edition. I know you explained why you write them, and I really appreciate that you take the time to share with the rest of us. For someone like me who is still counting down the days, it is a really great reminder (through pictures and words) of what we have to look forward to, why we are getting on that treadmill every day, and why we are skipping that meal out in order to save money for our own adventure.

Thanks for sharing; love your pictures!!!
Thank you so much!! I am glad you are looking forward to reading this one! You definitely have a lot to look forward too!! I love my Disney trips and am already counting down the days until my next one as well, so I know how you feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Glad to see another Cruise report from you. I really enjoyed ur Alaska cruise report...so much in fact that when I go on the Dream for my 2013/2014 birthday and NYE cruise I plan on booking Alaska.
Now two questions
What is this SOTMK card game? and what is the Kiss goodnight ceremony?
How awesome! I hope you have a great time on your trips!! Now as per your questions: SOTMK or Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom it is an interactive card game throughout the Magic Kingdom, where you use spell cards to defeat Disney Villains, here is the link to the page on the Disney World site, there is a video on there that explains everything in more detail! There are also a couple really great blogs and stuff out there too, in case you need more in depth detail! Hope that helps! http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...ons/sorcerers/

Kiss Goodnight - This link is from Disney Mom's Panel explaining it, it is basically the last hurrah of the night at Magic Kingdom telling guests that the park is really closed...LOL But it is nice to see if you have never stayed late enough to experience it! http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.co...&pid=43&cid=60
There are also some videos out there on youtube showing it, and SOTMK if you are interested in seeing those as well
Old 08-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #10
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information. I look forward to reading more of your TR and researching these new things for my trip. Tokyo Disney is waiting for you.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Busy Day Sailing Away!

We decided to walk around and get acquainted with the ship. We checked out all of the pools and went to see the Aquaduck! Next we took a tour of the spa because we had pre-purchased Rainforest Room day passes before we left! The spa is HUGE, just so you know! It is definitely worth taking a tour of and we didn't feel too pressured into getting a treatment or anything. But technically we were already coming back so we did have that as an excuse! After turning in our entries to the spa raffle, we walked down to the District! We met Ludo and Eduardo for in 687 and the District Lounge! Ludo offered Jeremy a sample of the 687 Beer which is made in Portland, Oregon! He really enjoyed it so I am sure that at some point we are gonna be back down here to get him a full size one! We have a DIS Meet-up at 3:15, so I am sure he will get one while we are waiting for everyone down there! By that time our room was ready, when we got there Jeremy's suitcase had already arrived!

When I originally booked our trip in June, I booked and IGT rate. I know you are thinking, that isn't an interior room! When our room was assigned to us, not only had we been upgraded to an Exterior room, but we had been upgraded to a Deluxe Family Oceanview Room Cat. 8C, which meant we had a huge split bathroom with round tub/shower, a lot more space that we thought we were going to have, and a giant porthole window seat! I was pretty shocked when we were given that room, but very thankful, the only thing that disappointed me for a moment, was that we were not going to have the Magical Porthole, but oh well, I'm sure I will go on another cruise and get one sooner or later! So in the room already we had our Castaway Club gift, dinner tickets, "excursion" tickets, which I will go into more detail about the day of, and our Rainforest Room Passes!

The first thing I always have to do when I get into my room is hang up my Fish Extender and put the magnets on our door! I didn't take any magnet photos this time because the door is exactly the same as in my other TR, but if you would like to see a photo of the other door, I will gladly put on here for you to see!

Jeremy went ahead and unpacked his things, and after that we made our way back down to 687 for him to get a beer and wait on the others for the Meet-Up! We got down there by 2:35 I think. Ludo was still in there and Jeremy went ahead and did the souvenir glass route, which meant to me that we were going to be in there quite a lot in the next 5 days! Jeremy did want me to tell everyone that he highly recommends trying the 687 Beer! I got my beverage of choice (ice water) and they also gave us some peanuts while were were waiting!

At 3:00 Jeremy walked back over and up to the spa for the raffle, he really wanted to win so he could get some kind of treatment! I did bring Birthday/Anniversary gifts for a few different people just in case they showed up to the Meet! It was a pretty goof turn out for the Meet! It was and always is fun putting faces with names. Jeremy came back, but sadly didn't win anything from the spa raffle, and at 3:45 we walked over to Muster Station A, which was the balcony of the Walt Disney Theater. It was cool because one of the Meet families was in our same muster station! by 4:15 we were finished with the drill and made our way up to Deck 12 to get a view of the Sail Away Party! Jeremy was excited because he could see the Kennedy Space Center in the distance! I just wanted to hear the horn! One thing we noticed is, if this is a half full ship, which we had heard was true, then we would hate to see a full ship! So anyway, the Sail Away party on the Dream was pretty different than the one on the Wonder. The Dream's was more of a musical performance than a party. Then all of the sudden, the horn blew signaling that we were sailing away. It was a lot shorter than the Wonder's and there wasn't even any buildup to the horn, which I was hoping for! Pretty much, it came, happened, and was over. On a funny little note, as we were leaving port the Carnival Sensation decided to start up a little horn battle with us...and sadly enough for them, they lost almost instantly!

We went back to the stateroom and my luggage had arrived, so I went ahead and unpacked all of my stuff. Because of what I had made for my FE gifts this time around, I really wanted to deliver them early so that they would get used if they families decided to use them. I made coaster sets for the dad's/older males, trip journals for the ladies, autograph books for the kids, water bottles for the teens/young adults, abc books for the 2 and under, and one color book for an under 1 year old, and when I say color book, I mean a flip book with colors in there in the shape of mickey heads!

The first two cabins we went to, people kept popping in and out, so we kept thinking that we were going to get caught. The majority of people had early dining, so we wanted to get all of the them delivered before they got out. We also wanted to make it to the Villains Tonight Show at 6:15! We did make it and sat in the balcony! I have heard such horrible reviews for this show, and lots of people really don't like it at all. But Jeremy and I actually really enjoyed it! I guess it might not be for everyone, but I would even go see it again, if I had the chance! After the show was over, we went around and made some more FE deliveries before dinner. Dinner on our first night was in Enchanted Garden! Sadly...I forgot to bring my camera this first night, but don't worry, I did remember every other night! I really think that this is a beautiful restaurant! We were seated at a table for 8 and were the first to arrive! After everyone had gotten here, there were only 6 of us! One newlywed couple who had just gotten married the night before, one couple who had been married for about 8 months, and Jeremy and I, at 5 years...the old married couple...ROFL For dinner this evening I had the Lobster Ravioli as an appetizer, asparagus soup, and for my entree I had the Sea Bass. Dessert was a Bananas Foster Sundae. Jeremy also had the Lobster Ravioli, a romaine wedge salad, prime rib, and the Bananas Foster Sundae! It was a good meal and I didn't have any complaints! We met our servers Robert from Ukraine, and Rezaan (Rezzan) sp? from South Africa! We didn't see our head server tonight though, I wonder when that will happen? After dinner Jeremy needed to go back to the room to change into shorts because we were going to go down to see Match Your Mate in Evolution, which was good for me because I had time to catch up on TR notes!

Match Your Mate was fantastic, as usual! it might not have beaten our first DCL cruise experience with it, but it was great nonetheless!We stopped by 687 before we went over there for Jeremy to have himself another beer. We also met Abie, another CM we would get to know over the next few days! Oh, I forgot to mention this! When we were on our way inside Evolution, a girl stopped me and asked if I was on the DIS boards! She said she had seen my Alaska video and ready my TR! That made my night! It was so fun being recognized like that, it really makes me happy to know that people enjoyed that Trip Report so much! So anyway, now it was time to head back to the room for bed! Castaway Cay Day number 1 is tomorrow, and I am totally psyched about that!! We had an adorable little Sea Lion? towel animal on our bed, as well as that lovely Disney chocolate I hoard in my purse for later

Old 08-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
meriberi00
Mouseketeer

Love the update! Thanks for the link!! Can't wait to see it the next time we go

Meredith-Me
Daniel-DH
Elias-DS
Ean-DS
meriberi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #13
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to send out a quick note to you guys, I had to make a quick trip to NYC Thursday afternoon but am on my way back so the TR will continue tomorrow along with catching up on comments! Thanks so much!!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #14
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Konk Koolers and Gold Doubloons - August 20, 2012

I woke up at 7:08 from the sun rising in through the porthole. Just in time to see the front side of Castaway Cay before we docked. Jeremy was still sleeping so I took the opportunity to get ready. We chose to try Enchanted Garden for breakfast this morning, it didn't open until 8:00am, so we had about 15 minutes to spare before we went to breakfast!

The buffet breakfast was just what we needed and we were in and out before Clayton did the announcement for all ashore on Castaway Cay. We made a quick pit stop back by the room to grab the GoPro and then we were off! We wanted to stop by the post office, but it hadn't opened yet when we went by there. As we continued to walk the Photographers were out taking photos of everyone in front of the ship! There weren't that many people out though, I mean pretty empty actually, I assumed lots of people would be scrambling to get off, but there wasn't even a line or anything...anywhere! The photo we got taken in front of the ship at CC was the only other photo we purchased from this entire cruise, so we didn't get a package or anything like that. I did like the photo though and wanted it since it was our very first time there!

We kept walking and it was so beautiful there! The weather was fantastic! I really didn't think we could have gotten a better day at CC! The water is so clear and blue and the island is so clean!! Disney did a great job when they found this place! I took a few photos before we got on the tram

We got off the tram at Scuttles Cove, the first tram stop. I wanted to look and see if I could find a sun hat that I liked because I forgot to get one before we left for the trip. Unfortunately I did not find one, but we did get the opportunity to get a picture of Jeremy with Mt. Rustmore...I didn't realize that it was such a small area, I mean you almost walk past it if you are not paying attention. It looks so large in the photo, but it felt much smaller than it actually looks!

We kept walking over toward Pelican Point tram stop and made a bathroom stop before we got on the tram to Serenity Bay. It was a gorgeous sight when we got there, the beach and area was almost completely empty and with a bright blue sky, we found some chairs plunked our stuff down, loaded me up with sunscreen from head to toe and headed into the water! We stayed out there for a good hour and then came back and laid in a hammock next to our chairs for a nice rest!

After we were dry we headed back in, and before anyone says anything about taking up chairs and not using them...there were at least 100 EMPTY ones, so it wasn't like we were hoarding a beach chair or anything. There were only 6 hammocks I think, 8 max, but I'll get into that later...

We saw some fish swimming around our feet while we were in the water wading around and we even saw a stingray hanging out making it's rounds, we stayed in the water until our fingers started getting prune and hung out in the lounge chairs until 11:30. At which time we made our way over to the BBQ on Serenity Bay. On our way over there we saw our table mates and then another family from our FE group! The food at the BBQ was really good!

I really liked the banana ice cream and cookies they had for dessert! We...well, I really wanted to try a Konk Kooler because I had heard so much about them. So we went over to the bar for a bit. Jeremy had a beer and I a Konk Kooler. I thought it was o.k., I mean it was nothing to write home about like I had heard from everyone else. I dunno, it could have just been the bartender that made it for me. While we were sitting at the bar Jeremy starting looking at the bar top. If you are ever there, look at it! You'll notice that there are gold doubloon coins sealed into the bar. Back story...Jeremy's dad gave him a "pirate coin" before he passed away that he had for a long time, Jeremy keeps it in his wallet at all times and had it with us on CC. There was an exact matching coin inside the bar as the one in his wallet, he was so surprised to see something like that, it was such an unexpected "magical" Disney moment too. It was awesome! So with drinks in hand, back to our lounge chairs we went. Jeremy finished his drink and went straight back in the water, I took the time to sip my drink, catch up on TR notes, reapply sunscreen all over, and take a picture of Jeremy in that gorgeous clear blue water!

Last edited by AAshleySEG; 09-02-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #15
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I have not forgotten about you! My husband just got a relocation promotion at work, so I am in the middle of getting our house ready for sale, so I have been super busy painting and cleaning etc. as soon as I get a little spare time I will be back in action with the TR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: