Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Snow Mom & her 3 dwarfs...grumpy, sicky, and sneaky! Aug. '12 TR (Update 6/1)Complete

We've been back from the World for about a week. I still can't believe the trip I planned, and planned, and planned for - is over! It's like I snapped my fingers and it was done

Anywhoo....we had a very interesting trip....to say the least!!! Some good times...some not so good times...but overall a very magical trip that I know we'll always remember!

I'm very excited to share our trip with everyone....please just bear with me. School starts tomorrow (I'm starting a new teaching position so have been stressed over that!!) But hopefully I'll update often!!

Table of Contents

Introductions

August 8, 2012

Pre-Departure Day

August 9, 2012

Departure Day....traveling

The Beach Club

Security...I've lost my Son!

August 10, 2012

Tusker House Breakfast

Family of the Day

Where is that boy now?!?!

Finally....the Magic Kingdom!

August 11, 2012

Please stay seated...a Cast Member will be with you shortly...

Come on Mom...Woody Shoot

Carson is in Heaven!

Epcot Again

I whip my hair back and forth!

Oh My...the crowd!!

August 12, 2012

We're finally going to do Soarin'!!

Breakfast with the Princesses!!

One of my new favorite rides....Soarin'!!!

Change of Plans!

Halloween Update

On the Boardwalk...

August 13, 2012

<Gasp> What!! You're not sticking to the plan!

It's HOT at the Magic Kingdom...and I'm not just talking about the weather!

ESPN for Lunch

A more laid-back plan!

A fun night at the Best Place On Earth!

August 14, 2013

The start of our last day

The Last Swim!

The Last Supper - With Characters!

Taking it all in....

August 15, 2013

The Fun is just Beginning

Quick Summary

Last edited by mommytocalliesue; 06-01-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Introducations

Before we get started....I'd better introduce the cast of members who went on this trip!

Snow Mom (Me)

I'm the one who makes this trip happen!! I am obsessed with Disney and cannot get enough of it. I do all the planning and make sure things go as smooth as possible! When I'm not planning...I'm a wife, mother, and a special education teacher.

Grumpy (DH - Marty)

I know, I know...he does look happy in that photo....but that was because DD was taking the picture and yelling at him to smile! This is DH....and he really dislikes Disney. He doesn't like the crowds, the heat, the crowds....and the crowds! He mainly went on this trip to make me happy and to help keep track of DS!

Sicky (DD - Callie)

My poor, poor DD. She was pretty much sick this entire trip but was such a trooper!! If you read my PTR, she loves Disney as much as I do. But even she wasn't keen on the humidity of Florida!! She is 6...and starts 1st grade tomorrow!

Sneaky (DS - Carson)

Oh DS....what a sneaky little boy he is! I'll tell you now...we only had to call security on him once....but he had many sneaky moments throughout this trip!! I love him to pieces...and he LOVED this trip....but he definitely kept us on our toes!! He is 2.5 and started his new daycare Monday...and LOVES it!!

If you want to read more on us....check out our PTR!!! Now....time for the trip!!

Last edited by mommytocalliesue; 08-21-2012 at 10:16 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
I'm in!
Welcome!! Hope you enjoy the trip report!!!! I have lots of pictures!!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

I apologize for some of the pictures being SO big....I changed them all...and only some are changing. Sorry about that....I don't know what is going on!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

cute little kidlets!!!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Pre-Departure Day

The time had come.....our countdown Calendar was complete....

Our bags were packed....

Papa came over to say his goodbyes...(Nana was working)

The car was filled with gas.....and kids were happy!!!

We were flying out of Midway in Chicago...and decided to spend the night near the airport rather than get up early and drive. We left home around 5:45 pm (15 min. later than I wanted) DH made me drive....he was already grouchy. We stopped at Wendy's to eat dinner a little after 7...and made it to our hotel (The Holiday Inn Express) around 8:30 pm.

It was an ok hotel....grant it all we were going to do was sleep and use the shuttle service.

The kids had so much fun in the room. From our window, they could watch the planes take off and land. Carson especially LOVED it!

Carson LOVED jumping on the bed....which I thought would wear him out...but I thought wrong

We started getting ready for bed around 9 when I realized I forgot to pack a brush. Uh oh....I have really thick hair and HAVE to have a brush. So, I loaded Callie up, and we drove a couple blocks to Walgreens. Now, we're from the country....so I was a little nervous....but the store had a security guard so I felt a lot better!

We all got in bed around 9:45 ready for a good night's sleep...NOT!!

I knew it was going to be rough for Carson to fall asleep....when he sleeps, he needs the door closed and needs to be alone. For the first 30 min. he jumped from bed to bed...then he started the play by play. If someone coughed all of a sudden you'd hear, "Mom (in a loud whisper), Sissy Cough". "Mom...Daddy snore!!" OMG!! This went on for an hour. Finally at 10:45, he fell asleep. That lasted 5 min. when he was up again.

I think around 11:15 he finally fell asleep....but then DH started snoring. My gosh...I thought I'd never fall asleep.

I tossed and turned the rest of the night...and at 6 am I decided to get up and read my Kindle.

Everyone else was up at 7 am. We were dressed and out the door in 10 min.!!!! Holy Smokes...on TIME!!!

Went down and ate a quick breakfast at the hotel...waited 5 min. for the shuttle....and we were off for the airport!!

I was nervous for the airport....no stroller to contain Carson....would we lose him here?

To be cont.....
Old 08-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm amazed that your little guy did so well in It's Tough to be a Bug! My youngest has always liked it, but my oldest was probably 12 before it didn't freak him out anymore, lol!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I'm amazed that your little guy did so well in It's Tough to be a Bug! My youngest has always liked it, but my oldest was probably 12 before it didn't freak him out anymore, lol!
LOL! I was SO surprised too....because if he seriously sees a bug or one lands on him...he screams bloody murder!! Like I said...Callie was more scared than he was....!!! And she knew what was going on!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Finally....the Magic Kindgom!

It was FINALLY time to go to the Magic Kingdom! Typically, that is the first park we go to...but not this trip...so I was super excited to get there!

As I said, we had napped and took our time getting ready. So we didn't get on the bus until 7:45 pm. We luckily didn't have to make anymore stops...so arrived at the MK after about 15 minutes.

Kids decked out in their dollar store light-up "jewels!"

As we got off the bus we could see it was packed!! The lines to get bags checked was long...so immediately Mr. Grumpy pants starts complaining! I gave him the "don't ruin this moment" glare! We entered the park and everyone was waiting for the parade. We decided to head straight to Tomorrowland! DS had one thing on his mind..."Buzz Shoot!" That's what he called Buzz Lightyear's Spin!

After we zig-zagged through all the people, we made it to Buzz's Spin. It had like a 30 min. wait, so we immediately got a FP for 9:30 pm. While we were waiting we decided to do one of my favorites! I just love....The People Mover!!! I don't know what it is...but I could ride that thing over and over and over!! It's relaxing and I love the view you get...especially at night! It's so pretty! Plus...there's not usually a long line!!

After this we decided to do Monster's Inc. We had about a 10 min. wait. The participants in our show were awesome...it was hilarious!! I even saw DH crack a smile! Carson did well sitting during the show! He was taking it all in!

When done...we did our FP for Buzz! DS was in HEAVEN!! He loved it...even though he wasn't very good at it! I will admit...I wasn't very good at it either!

Then we decided to head over and check out the new Fantasyland! My first impression...I thought it was beautiful! Seeing Dumbo all lit up at night was just magical! And I really like the water/splash area. I just wish it didn't have so "much" water coming out of it. I never let the kids play because I didn't want them getting drenched!

We decided to head to Barnstormer since there was only a 10 minute wait...which really was like a 5 minute wait! We were anxious to see how Carson would handle a "fast" ride!

Here are the kids waiting!

Carson LOVED it...he just laughed and laughed! He is just like me...he loves the fast rides! I can't wait until he's tall enough to ride them all with me! (Since DD won't do ToT, EE, etc. with me)

We decided to skip Dumbo...it was like a 30 minute wait...and at this point I didn't realize they had the new play area! So we decided to head out...

On our way out of Fantasyland, of course we had to do the Tea Cups! Had about a 5 min. wait! And we had that cup spinning....and the kids laughing...

Next up....Small World of course!! Not a favorite...but a definite classic, must do! Kids loved it as well!

I wanted to do Haunted Mansion so bad at night...so we headed there. We had about a 10 minute wait. We took the Cemetery Route since I haven't seen it! It was neat! Kids liked playing! Callie knew what was coming...so she was whining she was scared....

Carson had no idea what was going on!

Both kids did really well! Neither were scared! And I loved that we got stopped at the scene where the ghosts are eating and dancing! It's my favorite part and it was so nice to really get to see all of it!!

It was now like 10:00 pm....we hadn't really eaten supper...so we stopped at Peco's Bill. DH and I got Pulled Pork...kids had peanut butter and jelly. Carson was tired and got cranky. He hardly ate...so we decided it was time to go.

But not before we did PoTC!!! I just "had" to!! Another one of my favorites...DD's too!! We had about a 10 minute wait!

Once we got off...we decided to go. We were glad to go...it was one of the most packed EMH's I had ever seen!

One last pic before we left....if you look real close...you can see a bride and a groom up ahead...she had her wedding dress on...and he had a kilt on. I think they had just gotten married that day...everyone was congratulating them as they were exiting!!

We had an uneventful ride home....and went straight to bed!

Tomorrow I was doing DHS EMH alone!!

Last edited by mommytocalliesue; 08-30-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
vtownpatty
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR, we will be at Disney in 99 days. Sorry your husband is not a big Disney fan. I think my husband and ds 10 love it more then me. Looking forward to more posts.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
PolyLover
Mouseketeer

I'm loving your trip report! Your husband's facial expressions are so funny- reminds me of myself. I hate schlepping on and off rides and waiting in lines and oohh the germs so many germs. That being said I love the place and can't wait to go back....always planning our next trip!
2002 Poly, 2004 CBR/Poly, 2005 Poly, 2006 Poly,2007 Poly , 2008 Poly, 2009 Disney Wonder/Poly, 2010 Poly/WL, 2011 Disney Dream, AKL, HGVC, 2012 Poly/YC, 2012 CSR
Jan 3 -7 2013 POLYNESIAN,Spring Break/Easter 2013: CSR, HGVC, AKL Aug 2013 AKL, Oct 2013 Poly Club, March 2014 Poly

Old 09-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #13
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtownpatty View Post
Loving your TR, we will be at Disney in 99 days. Sorry your husband is not a big Disney fan. I think my husband and ds 10 love it more then me. Looking forward to more posts.
I'm so jealous...of both your upcoming trip...and your DH is a big Disney fan!!! I just wish mine was!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyLover View Post
I'm loving your trip report! Your husband's facial expressions are so funny- reminds me of myself. I hate schlepping on and off rides and waiting in lines and oohh the germs so many germs. That being said I love the place and can't wait to go back....always planning our next trip!
LOL!! Yup....those all describe DH!! Except the loving it....I will say....at times he does look like he's having fun...that's all that matters!! I don't know when our next trip will be....I keep debating! We'll have to see!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Hey! I am late to this Trip Report, but i must say I am enjoying it so far. I have gotten up to the tusker house chapter and I just love your report. I love how you didn't make the sentences long and it was very colorful. I also loved all the pictures. This is like the only trip report so far this year that has me really excited for our trip to the world in 20/19 days eeek!

BTW: Your children are so adorable and well mannered it seems from the pictures.

Check out my 2014 Pre-Trip Report
Wish It Was May

Check me out on Pinterest!
Luv0fDisney's Pinterest

Old 10-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
As an uber planner doesn't it just feel WRONG to change your plans? I've done that before too and I felt like I was commiting some sort of sin

The Beauty & the Beast show is worth changing plans for though, one of my favorites

Love your last family pic in front of the hat!
I KNOW!!!! I went back and forth in my head of whether or not to switch our plans...but I just had to!!! I felt guilty and like I was going to miss something at Magic Kingdom...but in the end...I'm glad I switched!! We had a pretty lazy night at DHS...and sometimes you need those!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney View Post
Hey! I am late to this Trip Report, but i must say I am enjoying it so far. I have gotten up to the tusker house chapter and I just love your report. I love how you didn't make the sentences long and it was very colorful. I also loved all the pictures. This is like the only trip report so far this year that has me really excited for our trip to the world in 20/19 days eeek!

BTW: Your children are so adorable and well mannered it seems from the pictures.
Glad you are enjoying it!! I try to keep writing down to a minimum and just share our favorites of the trip!! SO JEALOUS of your upcoming trip!!!! I really want and need to lose weight...so I think right now I'm going to set my goal for April...and if I achieve it...I'm going to take the kids as soon as school is out in June!!! Ssshhh.....don't tell DH!!! And thanks for the compliments...they are good kids!! Carson just turned 3 yesterday...and it's amazing how much he was grown up in a year!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: