Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
ellyn2000
DIS Veteran
Loves to go Pearl Diving in Japan

Be Our Guest

Had an e-mail from my AAA travel agent that we have ADR's for 11/20/12!!! So, so excited! She is awesome!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
robhallam
Earning My Ears

Reservations for 11/25

We called at 6AM CT and got right through with minimal waiting. Didn't know how lucky we were until we read the stories later in the day. Called back today after reading stories about the online reservation system not asking for CC info; was told by Disney rep that they weren't requiring CC guarantees for reservations booked in first 24 hrs. Reason was the only way to add CC was to cancel existing reservation and rebook; since Nov and all of December are now completely booked for BOG that wouldn't work.

Told our ten-year-old twins last night about the reservation and they are psyched!
robhallam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
pixie08
DIS Veteran

geez...I called all day yesterday and lines were busy lol. Circuits busy. No reservations for Christmas week!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhallam View Post
We called at 6AM CT and got right through with minimal waiting. Didn't know how lucky we were until we read the stories later in the day. Called back today after reading stories about the online reservation system not asking for CC info; was told by Disney rep that they weren't requiring CC guarantees for reservations booked in first 24 hrs. Reason was the only way to add CC was to cancel existing reservation and rebook; since Nov and all of December are now completely booked for BOG that wouldn't work.

Told our ten-year-old twins last night about the reservation and they are psyched!
When I first called back to add my cc# the CM wanted to first cancel my ressie (told me she had one 1 1/2 hours later) and I said no way, I wanted the one I had, so she told me she wasn't authorized to override the system to add a cc# to an existing ressie but if I would hold on she could get someone to help me. 30 min later (she kept checking back with me) a very nice CM came on, added my cc# and that was it. Just was not going to give up the time slot I really wanted

Of course, after all that, found out later the cc# wasn't required for those hours, but did not know that then or would not have waited AGAIN on the phone.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
ellyn2000
DIS Veteran

I've been reading about the issues people were experiencing with the phone lines, etc.... It was a hot mess.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellyn2000 View Post
I've been reading about the issues people were experiencing with the phone lines, etc.... It was a hot mess.
yep, literally all day I couldn't get through.tried like twice an hour. I am shocked i got any work done.Seriously from the a.m through the p.m it was either busy or said circuits busy. When I called today i got the automated system. I never encountered that because I always make ADR's online now. I guess BOG will wait to next year or I try the CS.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
guppy1013
Mouseketeer

No available reservations dec 1-4. Called at 330 pm EST

July 2014: VGF/BWV split stay
Jan. 2014: AKL-KV- 1st DVC stay
2013- Purchase DVC
Dec. 2012: Swan- 1st family trip!; Dec. 2006: Dolphin; Feb. 2003: WL/ BWV; Feb. 2001: All Star Music

Many previous trips prior to meeting each other!
guppy1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
ellyn2000
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post here that we had dinner @Be Our Guest on 11/20. It was wonderful. They did a good job of being on time with reservations. We were in the West Wing dining room and every so often a petal would fall from the rose and with a clap of thunder and lightening the portrait of the prince would change to the Beast. The Beast would also be announced/presented as our host several times during dinner and would stomp in, take a bow and then leave to receive guests in the library. You could go to the library to see him. Visited all of the dining rooms and its all beautiful. We all either had the steak or roasted game hen and it was delicious. Dessert is either beautiful cupcakes or different puff pastries. Wonderful experience.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:28 AM   #9
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Thank you for posting an update. Our ADR for BOG is on the 29th. I can't wait!

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

poohbear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #10
Yahweh
Mouseketeer

I have been trying online to make reservations for BoG for anytime between Jan 30-Feb 6. For the last month I usually at least once a day try again. Is there a better way to do this, i.e. call by phone?

It's really not a huge deal, as I can always brave the lines at lunch. But if there are any tricks people could share, I greatly appreciate it.
Yahweh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #11
reiella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post
I have been trying online to make reservations for BoG for anytime between Jan 30-Feb 6. For the last month I usually at least once a day try again. Is there a better way to do this, i.e. call by phone?

It's really not a huge deal, as I can always brave the lines at lunch. But if there are any tricks people could share, I greatly appreciate it.
At this time? Not really. You're doing the best you can, I think the online method is probably better since you're just hoping for someone to cancel.

If you are staying club level, you can ask the IPO to try to get you a reservation, so at least someone else is checking, but even then they have the same access that you do to ADRs.
reiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

We're here now, ate at BOG for lunch with only a 15 min. wait. The braised pork (dh & both got it) was delicious. We were able to walk around and take all the time and pictures we wanted.

Actually, after eating lunch, I cancelled our ADR's for tomorrow night. We decided the dinner was not that much different (except for beast). The price is quite a bit higher. We will probably go at least once more in the next 10 days - just arrived.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
GiJohnsGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellyn2000
Just wanted to post here that we had dinner @Be Our Guest on 11/20. It was wonderful. They did a good job of being on time with reservations. We were in the West Wing dining room and every so often a petal would fall from the rose and with a clap of thunder and lightening the portrait of the prince would change to the Beast. The Beast would also be announced/presented as our host several times during dinner and would stomp in, take a bow and then leave to receive guests in the library. You could go to the library to see him. Visited all of the dining rooms and its all beautiful. We all either had the steak or roasted game hen and it was delicious. Dessert is either beautiful cupcakes or different puff pastries. Wonderful experience.
Are those the only desserts? Could anyone give more detail?

Sept 2010 ASMovies
Jan 2012 Pop
July 2012 Art of Animation
April 2013 Pop Adults only trip
June 2013 Dream First DCL!
GiJohnsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #14
TheDisneyBunch
Laughs hysterically at the word.. DUMP!!!

We had lunch there as well on 11/18. It was great! We loved the theme of the entire place. We were able to walk around and take pictures and such. I love how the food is brought out. Everything we had was great.

We had 2 cm's both tell us that they actually preferred lunch to dinner. We do hope to eventually try dinner though.
TheDisneyBunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: